Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

diagnostic mode

This is a discussion on diagnostic mode within the Mid-Size Rangers forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I can't seem to get my 500efi crew to go into diagnostic mode. I have followed the instructions but can't get it. Is there a ...

Thread: diagnostic mode

(Richard) Elite Member buckstop515's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times

diagnostic mode

I can't seem to get my 500efi crew to go into diagnostic mode. I have followed the instructions but can't get it. Is there a secret to this or could or is something wrong. I have 11 hrs and 109 mi. The wrench blinks for a while when I turn the key on but goes off after 5 sec or so. I suspect that has something to do with the service interval but can't get in to check. any thoughts?

(Richard) Elite Member buckstop515's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I actually figured it out. I read a few old posts which gave instructions on resetting the service interval which was the problem. However my owners manual gave the wrong instructions on entering diagnostic mode. My book said to place the tranny in park and that was the problem it has to be in neutral to get to the diagnostic screen then put in park to make changes. funny thing it said service interval was off but when I moved the interval to a higher # the wrench doesn't come on any more when I start the machine.

Links