PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Mid size lift ?

30K views 138 replies 22 participants last post by  FuriousJ 
#1 ·
We are doing a custom ranger 500 lift and would like to see if this is something mid size owners would be intrested in. The front will be raked 2.5" foward with arched lower arms, and the rear is raked 4" back with upper and lower arched arms. The lift will be between 4-6" but the main goal is to add wheelbase and some width to be more stable. Any input ???

#29 ·
Not really interested in a Catvos lift, not because they are not good quality, but because I was given the runaround by them several years ago on a Brute lift. I drove 2-1/2 hours for them to do a lift only to be told they didnt have time when i was just about to pull up to their door. All I need is one bad experience like I had to take my business elsewhere. I won't tell others not to go to them, I just won't go myself.
I received some arched a-arms from Outkast and am happy with them, so I'm looking forward to seeing that 4-6 lift.

#34 ·
Do some playing with rhino axles and stacking 2" lifts and you can get upwards of 4.5" of lift on stock a arms. Only thing you need is longer front a arms and you can achieve 4.5" of lift for way under 1k.

Reactions: Rum Runner
#36 ·
the cv's are much bigger an lil longer with the rhinos so we will see soon I got my stock a arms an some shitty satv +2 arms goin combine the 2 if it works out I will make a gig an maybe sell a few sets

#37 ·
I'll be posting pics of the added lift on mine this weekend

#38 ·
I'm super interested in this. I'd love to get my new crew sitting up high, and preferably reliably so.

#39 ·
I'm stacking lifts, so I'll post pics of axle angles and details on how it rides and the process, I may just start it tomorrow, I have the Magic SchoolBus all nice and polished up

#40 ·
I'm stacking lifts, so I'll post pics of axle angles and details on how it rides and the process, I may just start it tomorrow, I have the Magic SchoolBus all nice and polished up
I'm just curious to see what the camber is going to look like.

#41 ·
Jay your not gonna be able to stack lifts with stock axles and a arms. The front a arms have to be extended 1" and you have to run rhinos. Your stock axles won't make it out the garage. With my 2" lift and 1.5" spring spacers the axles and a arms are maxed.

#42 ·
Oh me too, with the current lift and 30's it's perfect. We'll see what happens tomorre

#44 ·
I will, I have another option I'm going to try as well, I'll post pics off that too

#45 ·
Does anyone know what the diameter is on the 700HD front springs at the bottom?

#46 ·
No but where did you buy those springs at?

#47 ·
I haven't bought them yet, I'm looking to see if they have a slightly wider diameter at the bottom of the spring then the 570

#49 ·
I bought the EV springs. They put way to much camber in the front tires. Like everyone says, you need longer a-arms to run 3" of lift to keep the alignment fairly close. Those aren't available yet and I'm not going to ride around with the tops of my tires leaning out and wearing out tires faster cause I'm not always on soft ground. The main reason for the spring up grade for me is so when I have my 100lb road feeder filled up it doesn't squat the front end so bad and tighten up my tire clearance so much on my front bumper.

#50 ·
I'm experimenting with a few things, I got the SATV front lift today, but I was going through some old car parts and found some aluminum sleeves off an old suspension setup I had from my cars. So an idea clicked in my head to try it out and just see if I could make it work. Here's a pic.

I was going to slide the spring over, but the spring seat sits right on top of the sleeve. I have a buddy who has a 700 hd and I noticed that the springs are a little wider. I'm just testing stuff out. If the sleeves were to have worked, I was just going to add a tad bit more lift in the front and just throw my spacer lift in the rear and call it a day.

Attachments

#51 ·
Wildchild all you have to do is call backwoods or outcast for longer a arms. It's not hard buck. Several people I know are running them

#52 ·
Thanks Jayce. Didn't know anyone was doing this yet. What are the lengths everyone is making the a-arms to for a SATV lift stacked with EV springs? I know it depends on how much lift you are putting up front and you really can only go out 1" to stay within the axle limitations.

#53 ·
It was 1" to last of my memory but you cannot run stock axles, you HAVE to run rhinos. With ev springs and 2" lift the fronts sit perfectly level. I will do it one day but funds won't allow right now.

#54 ·
I have the front passenger lift stacked, just waiting on my lower ballpoint for thr drivers strut to come in so I can do it. That ball joint is a pain in the ass, one of the Allen head bolts for the ball joint cover stripped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.