PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Mid size lift ?

30K views 138 replies 22 participants last post by  FuriousJ 
#1 ·
We are doing a custom ranger 500 lift and would like to see if this is something mid size owners would be intrested in. The front will be raked 2.5" foward with arched lower arms, and the rear is raked 4" back with upper and lower arched arms. The lift will be between 4-6" but the main goal is to add wheelbase and some width to be more stable. Any input ???

#55 ·
So what lift did you stack on front? 2" satv on top and 2" spring spacer?

#56 ·
Yep, the SATV style lift atop the Marshall MotoArt spring spacer. Even with the it still being a jack stands, the camber looks like just the wheels are off the ground, (cuz they are) lol, and it's minimal. I'm gonna try and finish it after work today

#57 ·
Good deal I'm ready to see the outcome. Hopefully your stock axles will hold lol. But I'm thinking they'll pop before you make it out the garage lol

#58 ·
I'll post pics before I back it out lol

#61 ·
I have one side done, installing the balljoint tomorrow so I can finish up. It looks sweet so far. Now i just have to put my spacers under the spring in the rear. Mudoholics is this weekend at a river run and I'm trying to make it!

#62 ·
Teaser pic

Reactions: Rum Runner
#63 ·
Did you make it? My buddy was there and said it was freezing and packed.

#64 ·
No.... balljoint wasn't in, and really I just wanted to relax at home in front of the fireplace lol

#65 ·
yea where's the pics! ive blew two axles an a diff an put it back together before u can
stack some lift! tighten up! ... sorry just want to see how it worked out

#66 ·
I pressed the balljoint in today at work, now I just have to reinstall everything. I'll try tomorrow after work if it isn't too cold

#67 ·
Assembled & ready for the drop in!

#69 ·
Man me too! Lol , I was going to rush home on my lunch break, but, sonic took a but to get me my hot wings lmao!

#71 ·
Lol cut him some slack, hot wings are serious business.

#75 ·
Lol, I just got home, I had to set injectors and rockers in a longblock at work so I had to stay over. I'll have them up in a bit!

Reactions: Rum Runner
#76 ·
Sorry for the late post!! But here are the pics as promised. I just stacked the front SATV style lift and the Marshall MotoArt 2.5 on the front to see the difference between the rear. It's very noticeable. But there is some ugly camber. It did drive out of the shop just fine, lol, but I think I'm just going to cut the spacer in the front down to a 1.25 and do like tinyhugefamer did on his. Next is the rear spacer add on.

Attachments

Reactions: confederatecanadian
#77 ·
Holy camber! Yeah I'd cut em down for sure. I'm about to take my 1.25 out and put 1.75 since my springs have sagged. Oh and tinyhuge farmer is freaking hillarious bud lmao. What's your ground clearance like now in the front?

#78 ·
What about adding 2in to the width of the lower ball joint hole and 2in longer axles for the front?

#79 ·
Ground clearance is about 19" or so. The front looks beastly though. I was thinking that I always have a full cab, so it may settle out, but I'm not going to take the chance of wearing out some brand new tires.

#80 ·
I'll take better pics of it during the day. I'm fabbing a few different ideas at work.

#81 ·
Damn 19"! That's awesome. I need to order some ev springs for mine cause mine are shot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.