PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Mid size lift ?

30K views 138 replies 22 participants last post by  FuriousJ 
#1 ·
We are doing a custom ranger 500 lift and would like to see if this is something mid size owners would be intrested in. The front will be raked 2.5" foward with arched lower arms, and the rear is raked 4" back with upper and lower arched arms. The lift will be between 4-6" but the main goal is to add wheelbase and some width to be more stable. Any input ???

#5 ·
i think it would look great and perform well, but some purchased the 500 for the narrow width over the fullsize and dont wanna go wider, What will the cost be on this kit?

#7 ·
We understand width is the reason some chose the mid size, but if you lift it much at all it becomes unstable. This will not be a lift for everyone, as the proto measures 64" outside of the lugs on an outlaw wide rear set up, but at 18-20" of gc it needs to be wide.
price and pics soon to come

#8 ·
OUTKAST said:
We understand width is the reason some chose the mid size, but if you lift it much at all it becomes unstable. This will not be a lift for everyone, as the proto measures 64" outside of the lugs on an outlaw wide rear set up, but at 18-20" of gc it needs to be wide.
price and pics soon to come
Man, that will look sweet 8) .

#12 ·
but with the crew being so long you wont have to rake the from and rear, its already stabvle enough length wise. and id love to have that size lift but i dont want a wide bike like that, i woulda bought a 800 for a wide ranger, i love being able to fit where others cant. with the 15" of gc i got now i dont have trouble following anyone, so i think ill stay 2" lift. i would however like to have a set of arched arms for the rear

#13 ·
the benifit of a lifted midsize VS a fullsize is that the body is still narrow and you can still do the tight turns around trees without body damage - your tires may hit but the body wont get hung up - but even with this lift it still will be more narrow than a fullsize and lighter. the extra rake on a crew wont hurt you - the tires are still under the rear of the bed.

this was just a mock up a couple weeks ago but you get the idea - the problem with the 500 or any ranger is that once you put a rear jump seat in it the extra weight is behind the rear axle lin - then you add a cooler rack and a steep hill and before you know it your headlights are shinning ***** in trees - wheelie city - outkast has corrected this with the lift and the longer wheelbase will make for a smoother ride. trust me OUTKAST is the man!

#14 ·
littlebigrancher said:
but with the crew being so long you wont have to rake the from and rear, its already stabvle enough length wise. and id love to have that size lift but i dont want a wide bike like that, i woulda bought a 800 for a wide ranger, i love being able to fit where others cant. with the 15" of gc i got now i dont have trouble following anyone, so i think ill stay 2" lift. i would however like to have a set of arched arms for the rear
2" lift and 15" gc? what size tires? I would like to see some pics from the rear. we have 2 set ups for the rear

#17 ·
ok 14 3/4", i just rounded lol. but yeah with shocks cranked up and 2" lift im right at that measurement. if i could figure out how to post pics on here i would show ya

OUTKAST said:
littlebigrancher said:
2" lift and 15" gc? what size tires? I would like to see some pics from the rear. we have 2 set ups for the rear

#19 ·
yes sir you sure can, we did it to my cousins crew. but make sure you dont use anything longer then 1.5 on the front, too much lift will make the tires bow out real bad

#21 ·
littlebigrancher said:
ok 14 3/4", i just rounded lol. but yeah with shocks cranked up and 2" lift im right at that measurement. if i could figure out how to post pics on here i would show ya

OUTKAST said:
littlebigrancher said:
not doubting you at all, i just want to see how bad the camber is on the tires

#22 ·
on the rear there is no camber what so ever, tires sit perfectly flat. the front sits a little lower at 13 3/4"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.