Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2013 MIdsize 800 on TRACKS Pics!

This is a discussion on 2013 MIdsize 800 on TRACKS Pics! within the Mid-Size Rangers forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; So finally getting around to this - can't say I have much time to spend posting photos here, but I wanted to give a quick ...

Thread: 2013 MIdsize 800 on TRACKS Pics!

Member #
    Member #

2013 MIdsize 800 on TRACKS Pics!

So finally getting around to this - can't say I have much time to spend posting photos here, but I wanted to give a quick review of my new setup.

2013 Ranger 800 on Camoplast Tatou 4s tracks & a poly cab enclosure. Completely stock otherwise.

In short, this thing is completely unstopable. I've had it in the powder with snow rolling over the hood towing out another sled and the tracks don't spin at all. The only way I've been able to get any track spin is to climb a near verticle hill where traction is the last of your problems. Steering is light except when stopped in deep snow (obviously). I really think these midsize machines are the perfect platform for tracks as you don't need power steering and the lighter machine on the big UTV track footprint makes for so little ground pressure that there aren't many places it won't go.

Overall, I love the machine - I have a couple complaints - stock ground clearance with tires is absolutely horrible and I'll need to take care of this before spring. I can't go 50% of the places my sportsman went. I also wish the top speed was allowed to be higher for dirt road riding, but hopefully someone will come up with a clutch mod or something since the 800 has MORE than enough power to be going faster. Otherwise with a few tweaks, this is the best ATV I've owned in 20 years.

2013 Ranger 800 midsize
    Warn 3K winch, Full poly cab
    Camoplast Tatou 4s Tracks

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Hey Tim, welcome to the party here at PRC! You have a great setup and you are REALLY making me envious of your sweet ride!

PS...gotta love it when the sled jockies need a tow from use 4 wheeler guys!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Destroyed by fire
    2011 Ranger 400 HO w/2" lift & Rhino axles
    Polaris roof, two-piece folding windshield, back panel, 1/2 windshield, custom box rack, custom snorkle system, RZR bucket seats, custom center console, Viper Max 4500# winch, relocated deep cycle battery, LED cab lite, Pioneer stereo, ITP 212 rims and Swamplite tires, clutch spacer mod, Blazer Flood lites, 66" American Eagle snowplow

Member #
    Member #
    Thanks! It's been a blast so far - I've just barely scrached the surface on this forum & can't believe how much information there is.

my short list for work when the snow melts and tracks come off is: Real skid plating, larger more agressive tires, some kind of lift allthough this seems to be a can of worms so we'll see

Couple more pics:

2013 Ranger 800 midsize
    Warn 3K winch, Full poly cab
    Camoplast Tatou 4s Tracks

Links