Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Loader Bucket?

This is a discussion on Loader Bucket? within the Mid-Size Rangers forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Handyhiker, I notice you have a "loader bucket". As in front end loader? Please tell me more. Thanks! KK...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loader Bucket?

(Clayshutr) Regular Member Clayshutr's Avatar
    Member #
    Central Missouri - The Northwestern Corner Of The Southeastern Conference
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Loader Bucket?

Handyhiker,

I notice you have a "loader bucket". As in front end loader? Please tell me more.

Thanks!

KK

(Ken) Veteran Member Handyhiker's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    It is a Swisher that I used to have on my ATV. I made some custom mounts and now use it on the Ranger. I made the mount system so it is a quick connect, no tools needed process. I use the plow mount on the front of the Ranger and made the bucket mount to fit it. I never did finish the mount system, I was planning on going over it and reinforcing some of it. It needs paint also. But it works the way it is so I guess it's all good. Since you brought it up, I may finish it this weekend. . I don't think I have any pics of it , I will take a few tomorrow and post them.
    2011 500 EFI Ranger, Sage Green
    Full metal cab, Soft doors, Glass tip out shield, Windshield wiper, 60" Glacier plow, 42" Loader bucket, 3500# Polaris winch, 2 1/2" lift, Benz silent rider exhaust, Rubber bed mat, Bluetooth speaker, MP3/GPS/Smartphone mount, 20,000 Btu budget cab heater, L.E.D. driving lights, L.E.D. dome light, 35 Watt 5000K HID head lights, Two 27Watt L.E.D. bed/back up lights, Running board style nerf bars. UTV pulled trailer, Hitch mount cargo carrier.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks, I'd like to see them!

KK

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Here are a few pics. I used material that I had here so the mount cost to build was $0. The bucket itself I traded for and have $100 in it. It has already paid for itself a couple times over.

Full metal cab, Soft doors, Glass tip out shield, Windshield wiper, 60" Glacier plow, 42" Loader bucket, 3500# Polaris winch, 2 1/2" lift, Benz silent rider exhaust, Rubber bed mat, Bluetooth speaker, MP3/GPS/Smartphone mount, 20,000 Btu budget cab heater, L.E.D. driving lights, L.E.D. dome light, 35 Watt 5000K HID head lights, Two 27Watt L.E.D. bed/back up lights, Running board style nerf bars. UTV pulled trailer, Hitch mount cargo carrier.

(Rick) Regular Member ranger2012's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I just drove by the dealer where I bought my Ranger and they have one sitting out front with a bucket on it. I gave them a call and they said that it is a Polaris Brutus. Not sure if that will help you or not or if it can be used for what your doing.
    2012 Ranger 500 EFI

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Ranger2012, the Brutus is actually a commercial grade UTV.

Handyhiker, Thanks for the pictures! Doesn't appear that it would be too difficult to make something like you did to match up to my plow mount. Unfortunately, a new Swisher bucket like yours appears to run about $730. I'll have to snoop around and see if I can find a used one like you did.

Thanks again!

KK
    2013 500 EFI
    Polaris steel cab, glass windshield with wiper, poly doors
    3000 lb. Viper winch
    Motoalliance 72" Pro plow with HydroTurn
    Kolpin gull wing tool box
    Kolpin gun boots
    Reese receiver hitch
    Swisher dump bucket
    Steering knob from Tractor Supply : )

Since no one actually gives a crap how I sent this I won't bore you with the details!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Supporting Member
    (Neal) Rally/Event Director oneal's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Nice job Ken

Neal

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for the research! It was something I was going to do but hadn't gotten around to yet.

I called the local Tractor Supply immediately. They don't have the bucket in stock but said they could have it in 2-3 weeks. The sale price is good, plus shipping. I told them to get me one ASAP! Your pictures will also help a lot when it comes to fabbing the mount.

You will have helped make my landscaping wife very happy and saved my back from a lot of pain!

KK
    2013 500 EFI
    Polaris steel cab, glass windshield with wiper, poly doors
    3000 lb. Viper winch
    Motoalliance 72" Pro plow with HydroTurn
    Kolpin gull wing tool box
    Kolpin gun boots
    Reese receiver hitch
    Swisher dump bucket
    Steering knob from Tractor Supply : )

Since no one actually gives a crap how I sent this I won't bore you with the details!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Are you guys showing $149.99 at the Tractor supply??? Man thats a good deal!
    2012 Ranger 500efi Midsize
    EMP Front Bumper, Viper Elite 4000# Wide Spool Winch, Polaris Dual Battery Kit, EMP Windshield, Polaris Canvas Cab and Doors, Motoalliance 66 Plow, Summit Heater, 28" Zilla Tires, MSA Reaper Wheels, 2" High Lifter Lift, Backwoods Armor Forward A-Arms, Hot Seat Performance Exhaust

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links