PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Hello everyone, new member here.

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Lil Dean 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new here and have a question. Are you fellas still having problems with axles popping out of diff with a lift? If so, what lift does this seem to be happening the most with? I'm considering lifting my 2015 570 m/s ranger to run 27s, so any help would be welcome. I've only had it a few days and have just added a home made windshield. There are a lot more mods to come. I will get some pics up as they happen if I can figure out how. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I have a 2" hi lifter lift. 27" itp mud lite xtr. on factory le wheels and 2" wheel spacers. My axles have never fallen out. Ive had it high centered with all four wheels off the ground and still didn't have an axle fall out. My front tires rub on a hard turn, but I've been told it's because of my 2" wheel spacers. If you get wheel spacers look into 1" spacers.

#7 ·
Welcome aboard PRC.

#8 ·
Welcome Tarus, since the 2015 models are still fairly new I'm not certain if this is still an issue or not. A simple way to find out would be to measure the distance (from left and right) of the center of the front differential to the outside of your wheels/tires. If both measurements are the same that means that the differential was re-centered as a part of the 2015 model changes. If the left-side measurement is longer than the right-side (left-side being the passenger-side when looking at the front of the vehicle) that means that Polaris did not re-center the differential and the potential for popping the front, passenger-side axle out, during a hard, off-camber turn is still very feasible. Keep in mind that this issue (to my knowledge) has not and should not occur if the vehicle has not been lifted. Only after implementing a lift kit should this be of concern. Additionally, if you do decide to lift your vehicle and your front differential is off-centered, you can combat the possibility of popping the passenger-side axle out by either, purchasing a longer, aftermarket axle (roughly $200.00) or purchasing a steering stop kit ($25.00). The steering stop kit is simple to install and provides a limit to your turning radius, thereby keeping you from over-extending your axle, CV joints during a fully-locked turn. Best of luck bud.

#9 ·
Welcome to PRC! Looks like SiPPMSH has a handle on things. :encouragement:

Reactions: SiPPMSH
#10 ·
Thank yall for the welcomes. SiPPMSH, thanks for your input. Do the steering stops affect turning radius very much? I do a lot of tight woods so this would be a concern. I usually make my own lifts for atvs and never had any problems, but after researching I see that I may have some problems with this one. Does highlifter's axle spacer help to correct this problem? From what I've seen they are the only ones offering this (the washer that goes between the axle and the front hub). I have no problems upgrading axels as they go but just don't want to be doing it anytime soon, nor would I want the axel popping out and going thru the diff. This is why I was wandering if one lift company was more prevalent to this happening over another one. I also have seen that not everyone had this problem and wandering if there was a constant other than the design of the Ranger. I put the Titan 589s, that I had on an old sportsman on the Ranger. They are 27s and true measure 27 1/2, they are not scrubbing yet (even at full lock and one side compressed) but my great Polaris springs will probably sag even more. I do have them on stock wheels though. Please keep the responses coming.

#11 ·
Tarus, unfortunately the Steering Stops do affect the OEM turning radius a good amount but I (personally) have not been upset with the change (better than having to worry about an axle popping out of the differential for sure!). Would you happen to have a link that would direct me to the High Lifter product you speak of? I can't seem to find it and although I've heard others make mention of it in the past, I've never seen it sold as a "kit" as I'm sure it's simply a washer and one could purchase one at a local fastener warehouse (ie. Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.). I don't believe there is any one aftermarket manufacture that has designed a lift kit to prevent the issue at hand nor one designed that is more prone to causing the issue. I'm impressed that you were able to get the Titan tires to fit without scrubbing. Typical rule of thumb for these units is that you can not clear any tire, taller than 26.75" to 27" so that's great!

#12 ·
Just go to their sight and search for 570 midsize Ranger lift. From there go to install instructions and down load pdf. There you will see the axle spacer being installed. Yes, it looks like a washer though I'm not sure of the thickness. The kit also comes with a new axle nut which looks thinner than the stock one. Check it out. I can figure this out but really don't won't to bust diff. I plan on making a bracket lift for the rear to keep factory ride. They use spring spacers in the rear. I was surprised on the tires as well. I stretched the tires by putting them in the South Carolina sun and kept adding air to them (about 30psi if I remember correctly), and left them there for a week. This was years ago. I'm going to post pics as soon as I can get the time.

#13 ·
Ahhhhh THAT'S why I've never seen it; High Lifter packages it in with their Lift Kit! Now why they would package (2) for the 2014 models I dunno because you really only need the (1) for the passenger-side. Also, I'm glad they made mention of, and included new, thinner castle nuts because after installing the axle washers the OEM castle nuts would be too thick to re-install the cotter pins. So that being the case, you could purchase (1) "axle washer" and (1) thinner castle nut for the passenger-side and be good. Hmmmm, looks like I might have a mini project this weekend... :-D

#14 ·
I own a 15 570 with the 2" highlifter spacer lift. I never had an issue with axle popping out, and I've put it through some rough stuff. I just put forward a arms and 28" terminators, went and put it through the nastiest stuff I could find with out any issues. I also installed the steering stop kit for insurance on the axles. It does limit the turns radius, but noting you can't get use to. I would advise on skipping the high lifter lift and just installing the ev springs. My factory springs are already sagging quite a bit. I will soon be ordering some. Just put a set on a buddies 570 and it gave him 1 inch more than mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.