PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Mid size rear hubs

4K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  Iron man 
#1 ·
My dealer told me after waiting 2 weeks for a rear hub to show up that they are on back order now and can't tell me when they will be available again. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket place to get rear hubs for our Rangers. The old bearing seized and made a mess of my hub. If no place to get them aftermarket I guess I will have to see if a machine shop can maybe rebuild it.

#3 ·
i looked up the "hub" (actual part tha tthw wheel bolts to, that also holds the brake rotor, and slides into bearing..) that the part you need?

Those hubs were on a BUNCH of machines.. clean back to 2007 they were using them on certain machines. Including Sportsman 4 wheelers.. Ya oughta Ebay one, if ihad one id give it to ya! lol let us know EXACTLY what part u need.

#6 ·
Thanks for the information Wagz and Toxic 21. I'm going to do my best to try and save the hub I just got in from working on it and it will now slide on the bearing but I have some filing to do to get it all the way on the axle it has some spots that are preventing it from sliding on all the way. If I can't manage to get it to work I will check with anougher dealer or try to order direct or ebay like you said. It is the part the rotor and wheel bolts to, I'm pretty sure I will be able to save it. I will be sure to keep a better eye on my bearings next time. Thanks for the help guys!!

#7 ·
In relation to getting the run around at the dealer don't get me started on that topic. Let's just say I'm getting very nervous to go in there now. I have had great service and helpful information there before but some changes with people and it feels like you have apologize for bothering them to buy something at times. I hope not everyone is feeling like this because I like to feel safe to get help where I bought my machine.

#8 ·
They got your money...thats what they wanted...now its your baby. haha. Id say your like most of us, screwed when it comes to dealer reliability. Good dealers are Few and Far between. The Chris Ball That Toxic Recommended is by far prolly the best we've all heard, and read, and dealt with. If i had to do it all over again, id have called him and got a quote and had my buggy shipped over. The dood goes outta the way to make the CUSTOMER happy. Sorry to hear you dealer sucks man!

#10 ·
Thank you Toxic 21 I will keep that part number handy. I'm hoping to be able to save mine if not I will order that number.

#11 ·
I just looked up the part number and the rear hub part # is 5135113-067 this number is the same one fixmytoys.com and polarispartshouse.com. Fix My Toys price is $47.99 and Polaris Parts House price is $43.45.

#12 ·
Looks like I'm going to have to order a new hub I looked on the Web sites that were suggested and they don't look like they ship to Canada does anyone know of one? I will look into what ebay has, I have never used ebay before lol.

#16 ·
My wife is looking at trying find a place for ordering a hub today sometime if she has no luck I will be in touch with you guys thanks. Power outage and no Internet last night didn't help lol...

#17 ·
Good news in the rear hub department I called about 10 different polaris dealers looking for a rear hub for my Ranger turns out one dealer out of the group instead of telling me that they can't get the part they said it's unavailable so you have use hub part#5135113 instead and they have been using that one for quite some time. Guess who took a 2 and a half hour lunch to drive and get one that they had 4 in stock. When I got home I slid it in the bearing and on the axle it's a perfect fit. The only difference was it's grey instead of black. Thank god I didn't just wait for my dealer to help me I'm working on 3 weeks waiting for something they can't get where a good dealer had the knowledge to help me. Thank you so much for all they help from you guys looking out for me on this forum you guys are awesome! !! Hopefully this new part number to substitute will help someone else on here.

#18 · (Edited)
?

John, that's the part number that Larry gave you. The three digit number that is at the end of some part numbers, designate the paint/color code. 5135113-067, is the rear hub in black, and there are different colors of black for polaris. I am not sure what the grey paint code is, would have to look it up.

After doing some research, I found two previous part numbers for the rear hubs.
Polaris part# 5630786 and 5631781, these part numbers are not recognized or show to be superseded by.
You may find them on eBay or through a salvage facility.

#19 ·
According to the dealer that has been using them in place of the hub you can not presently get that's the one they substitute to. It doesn't matter to me if it's a new number or what color the hub is as long as I can use it. The guy on the parts counter told me he has a ranger 500 and has used them on his machine before so we see how it works soon enough. I would have a pink hub covered in mud before my Ranger sits for anougher month lol.

Reactions: mustangwagz
#21 ·
Finally got my Ranger put back together new rear control arm bushings, wheel bearings, new hub, also tried the throttle cable mod with the wire tie idea. Can't wait to go for a ride now it's been 5 long months due to a crazy bad winter. My throttle cable had a crazy amount of free play I would say almost 3/8ths movement with pedal even before it touched the cable, can't wait to see if I have more power now!! Thanks for all the help everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.