PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Backup wiring question?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jokout 
#1 ·
I know this is beat to death, but I have a 2014 570 and I can't find the 2 wires for the back up alarm anywhere. Did they all come with these? If not, is there anyway I can hook them up so they come on when reverse only without adding a new switch? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I've been wondering the same thing too. I don't think the 2014 has the necessary wires for this. It'll likely have to be a switch activated light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I don't think the 570's have the wires but I have heard (not verified) that Polaris does have a harness you can add. Personally, I have, and used, the wires on my 800. Quite frankly, I would suggest wiring directly to a switch. Having to put the machine in reverse to get light back there is sometimes a pain--would be great for guys that snow plow and have to go back and forth a lot, for normal chugging around, having it on a switch is much more useful! JM 2¢

#5 ·
Ok, I used the the reverse horn leads,(backup wires), to power the LED rear work light on my 400 HO Ranger and it worked great! This includes an always powered lead and a switched ground as on all 400, 500, and 800 Mid-size Rangers.
On the 2014 and now the 2015 mid-size Rangers Polaris has switched to an OEM available wiring harness to hook up the reverse horn so the wiring leads are no longer available to power a reverse light.
On my 570 I added an aftermarket breaker protected power strip and routed the wiring to the cab rear panel and mounted an LED work light there that is switched with a dash mounted rocker that matches the factory drive switch and LED light bar switch.
You can order the Polaris wiring harness but as Forde mentioned, I find it much more useful to have the light switched so I can use it for loading/unloading firewood without having the Ranger in reverse...With the low power draw of the LED I can light up a large area with the Ranger in park and switch off for quite a while! I normally switch on the rear LED full time when plowing snow after dark.

Cheers

Reactions: RedBeard
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.