Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Backwoods Arched A Arms Issue - Experience \ Fixes?

This is a discussion on Backwoods Arched A Arms Issue - Experience \ Fixes? within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I posted this the same time you were typing.....A phone call would work best. I'll await your phone call, tried calling the number during those ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Backwoods Arched A Arms Issue - Experience \ Fixes?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I posted this the same time you were typing.....A phone call would work best. I'll await your phone call, tried calling the number during those times and get no answer. At this point I've made a valiant effort....with no luck so just call me. For the sake of not being a pain in the a**, I'm really not satisfied with mailing you these back....and having nothing in hand as a replacement.....and I don't think that's being to unreasonable. A entire new kit would be nice and what should be done.....but I could live with shock mounts......so logically if new shock mounts are fabbed and stuck in a box....and sent I'm happy to send them old one right back to you.
    '13 Ranger Crew 800 EPS Camo
    Restrictor MIA
    BWA +3" Arched Set (retired)
    29.5" Terms
    Snorkeled
    Roof + Windshield
    4500# Winch

(Josh) Starting Member jbwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I feel your pain bmborum. Luckily I had the time to call literally 20 times a day until I got an answer. I still have problems that I will have fixed locally when I get time to take the a-arms off AGAIN (probably the 6th time). My last replacements showed up 2+ weeks later than they were promised. The ones before those had to be spread open with a floor jack so they could be mounted. I could go on and on, but it makes my blood boil to think of all the wrench time I have on a set of a-arms that were so expensive.

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bmborum View Post
    Man that is a pretty sweet ride tjm! You in South Central Alaska anywhere? Interested in riding sometime if so? It might be a bit before I'm ready but I'd at least love to see your rig. I too looked at SuperAtv and considered them as well....I just wanted to go a slight different direction....something like CATVOS or Backwoods. This forum contributed HEAVILY to the decision as it appeared his construction and customer service was nothing but stellar. Yes I had read a few negative threads....but you can't please everyone all the time......but you sure could make an attempt at doing a lot better job than what's been done.

On SATV, I did pick up a set of Terminators from them and they had them on a pallet that afternoon to Seattle so I could have them shipped here. When I called SATV I told him what I wanted, where I was, and even backed off their price to offset some of my shipping cost....I left with that....huh....wow expierence as well. I mounted the tires the other day but didn't snag an extra set of rims....and I don't think without a working set of forward A arms they'll clear enough to justify riding it.

Sent you a pm

Supporting Member
    (Bruce) PRC Administrator ElecTech's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Brady, has this been resolved yet? Have you guys made contact?
    Bruce
    Member #2
    '05 4X4 Ranger
    Rangerware accessories

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care on HIM for HE careth for you.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Brady, has this been resolved yet? Have you guys made contact?
    Sorry...been out and away from the thread awhile, been busy with work, but essentially no nothing has been done. John posted a reply how he would fix it and make it right on here....that was 4-5 business days ago...I see the label has been printed but hasn't even been scanned into UPSs system yet. I can hear the weather excuse already....and yeah its been bad down south...but that's no excuse...we are talking about 3 weeks after receiving the kit...nothing grinds gears more than being ignored as a customer.....even if it costs extra time and money....NO THING is more valuable to a business than the expierence the customer has and doing EVERY THING you can to ensure its a positive one....and sadly enough it seems if I'm not the only one....the difference between me and some of the others is I'm not going to tolerate it...period, shouldn't have to

I have shim'd the slack out of the arms....so they'll work....probably....but I won't know for sure until I get a set of brackets......looks like here's another weekend of no riding...
    Restrictor MIA
    29.5" Terms
    Snorkeled
    Roof + Windshield
    4500# Winch

(John) PRC Sponsor backwoodsarmor's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Brackets have shipped.
    Backwoods Armor
    1-800-496-7304/ 1-229-449-2748
    Backwoodsarmor.com
    Backwoodsarmor@gmail.com

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsarmor View Post
    Brackets have shipped.
    Thanks. ..ETA Feb 5, only about 20 days since original inquiry for something that should be taken 4-5 tops from manufacture to arrival. Sure hope the fit....
    Restrictor MIA
    29.5" Terms
    Snorkeled
    Roof + Windshield
    4500# Winch

tjm
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    What a comedy of errors from Backwood Armor...I'm sorry to hear that this has turned into such a cluster for you...

This guy from BA would have to try pretty hard to screw up this situation any worse...I know there could be details you are not sharing but it sure seems like Backwoods Armor doesn't give a rip about you or making the situation right...even his public replies here on this thread scream "Customer NOservice"....

Do you know what BA changed on the replacement parts so they will fit this time?
    Were the original parts just a mistake in production or were the wrong parts sent the first time?
    Why are you settling for just the brackets, weren't the a-arms screwed up too?

Hey John, why in the world did you wait so long to send replacement parts?
    John, why in the world didn't you send new a-arms too since the original ones do not fit correctly, you saw the pictures...
    John, why in the world didn't you OVERNIGHT the replacement parts? Is your commitment to fix the situation that poor?

John, I spend a crap load of money on my wheelers, and truthfully I've been eyeballing a couple of BA items, but no way would I spend a dime with BA if things are as they seem in your customer service department...

Oh John, here's a bit of advice....when you screw up you HAVE to communicate and move quickly to fix the issue, that means you have to ANSWER your phone...I've read several times on this forum alone that you make it a habit to duck phone calls and not answer emails, sorry but only a coward would do that and not stand up QUICKLY to fix the issue, you had customers calling and emailing multiple times per day, that is just crazy....

bborum, i hope this all ends well and you don't end up missing too many more days of riding waiting on BA to do the right thing...good luck and keep us posted how it works out...
    pull my finger...

Member #
    Member #
    When installed, make sure that there is no binding in the upper shocks as well. The XP900 non crew kits had interference issues where the shocks would bind and several had the rear shock rods snap off. Brackets were promptly exchanged, but no discussion about collateral damage.

I'm watching and waiting contemplating arched arms done in black just for the extra clearance.
    2013 XP 900 Browning
    Premium roof, solid rear glass, tip out windshield, pivoting window doors, rear bumper, Polaris heater/defroster kit

(John) PRC Sponsor backwoodsarmor's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    A full refund has been on the table since the first issue. New brackets have shipped. A new lift has been offered.

TJM
    We are not a large shop and we are handling a huge volume. Happy or not I always try to do what's right. Timeframe has always been a issue but only because of our workload. We only have one phone line but will have another installed next week.
    Last edited by backwoodsarmor; 02-01-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    Backwoods Armor
    1-800-496-7304/ 1-229-449-2748
    Backwoodsarmor.com
    Backwoodsarmor@gmail.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links