2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread - Page 14
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

This is a discussion on 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Something like that must have happened because they are much weaker. Like I said, the Pawltector isn't working the same way, locks in really easy ...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

(Jake) Veteran Member itsalljake's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Something like that must have happened because they are much weaker. Like I said, the Pawltector isn't working the same way, locks in really easy (compared to previously) and when set won't hold the Ranger in place. You must be right, they might've accidentally removed a caliper or maybe had a newbie "get the job started" who removed a caliper. Don't know. Haven't given them the laundry list of issues yet, but I will soon.
    2016 POLARIS RANGER 900-6 CREW TITANIUM MATTE METALLIC

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    860 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itsalljake View Post
    Something like that must have happened because they are much weaker. Like I said, the Pawltector isn't working the same way, locks in really easy (compared to previously) and when set won't hold the Ranger in place. You must be right, they might've accidentally removed a caliper or maybe had a newbie "get the job started" who removed a caliper. Don't know. Haven't given them the laundry list of issues yet, but I will soon.
    By your description, it does sound like your brake system has lost pressure. Either by someone removing or loosening the banjo bolt on the brake line, which should not have been done. Worst case, they did not tie up the calipers during your installation and one fell off, damaging the brake line. I would check the lines and connections for possible damage and leaks. If no leaks found, you need to bleed the brakes.
    Last edited by Toxic-21; 01-11-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    itsalljake likes this.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Ok, is this true? From my service manager.

"As far as the lift kit issues go with alignment; Kevin, my tech aligned the unit to the stock wheels (the wheels that were on the unit while it was in the shop) with the assistance of my other tech. Once aligned to one set of wheels and tires, the unit cannot be fitted to other wheel sets. The unit was aligned to the stock wheels and was sitting correct when the unit left the shop."

Seems to me if you align a plane that plane stays parallel. Now matter how big you make the planes they are aligned. If you change the size after they are aligned, they are still aligned. Thoughts?
    Last edited by itsalljake; 01-12-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    983 times
    If the question is about your toe problem (and probably even if it isn't), you are correct; the size of the tire is irrelevant.

This and your other items are why I always recommend doing modifications and service yourself.
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    I know. I should've just built the damn trailer and brought it down here. Quick did not turn out to be so simple.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Sponsored Links