2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread - Page 14
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

This is a discussion on 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Something like that must have happened because they are much weaker. Like I said, the Pawltector isn't working the same way, locks in really easy ...

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

(Jake) Veteran Member itsalljake's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Something like that must have happened because they are much weaker. Like I said, the Pawltector isn't working the same way, locks in really easy (compared to previously) and when set won't hold the Ranger in place. You must be right, they might've accidentally removed a caliper or maybe had a newbie "get the job started" who removed a caliper. Don't know. Haven't given them the laundry list of issues yet, but I will soon.
    2016 POLARIS RANGER 900-6 CREW TITANIUM MATTE METALLIC
    Polaris-Sport roof:Glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit:Seat heaters:Horn:Homelink garage door opener. Dragon Fire-Half doors. 30" Tensor Regulators on 14"x8" Method Racing Mesh wheels. Odyssey 1200. Opt7 22" light bar and front cubes. Outkast 3" full kit.

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itsalljake View Post
    Something like that must have happened because they are much weaker. Like I said, the Pawltector isn't working the same way, locks in really easy (compared to previously) and when set won't hold the Ranger in place. You must be right, they might've accidentally removed a caliper or maybe had a newbie "get the job started" who removed a caliper. Don't know. Haven't given them the laundry list of issues yet, but I will soon.
    By your description, it does sound like your brake system has lost pressure. Either by someone removing or loosening the banjo bolt on the brake line, which should not have been done. Worst case, they did not tie up the calipers during your installation and one fell off, damaging the brake line. I would check the lines and connections for possible damage and leaks. If no leaks found, you need to bleed the brakes.
    Last edited by Toxic-21; 01-11-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    itsalljake likes this.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Ok, is this true? From my service manager.

"As far as the lift kit issues go with alignment; Kevin, my tech aligned the unit to the stock wheels (the wheels that were on the unit while it was in the shop) with the assistance of my other tech. Once aligned to one set of wheels and tires, the unit cannot be fitted to other wheel sets. The unit was aligned to the stock wheels and was sitting correct when the unit left the shop."

Seems to me if you align a plane that plane stays parallel. Now matter how big you make the planes they are aligned. If you change the size after they are aligned, they are still aligned. Thoughts?
    Last edited by itsalljake; 01-12-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    Polaris-Sport roof:Glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit:Seat heaters:Horn:Homelink garage door opener. Dragon Fire-Half doors. 30" Tensor Regulators on 14"x8" Method Racing Mesh wheels. Odyssey 1200. Opt7 22" light bar and front cubes. Outkast 3" full kit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1322 times
    If the question is about your toe problem (and probably even if it isn't), you are correct; the size of the tire is irrelevant.

This and your other items are why I always recommend doing modifications and service yourself.
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    I know. I should've just built the damn trailer and brought it down here. Quick did not turn out to be so simple.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Got a couple days up at the ranch. Man oh man. They got the place about 5 years ago, about the same time the drought started to dry up here in SoCal. The rains are back now and wreakIng havok. Spent the first day clearing culverts and digging trenches while working on my lighting at night. My father in law had the loader out trying to dig trenches to divert the water from one of the corrals and got it pretty wedged in about 2+ feet of mud. After squirming back and forth, trying to jam stuff under the wheels I suggested roping off to the ranger just to give him some momentum. After spinning all our wheels for a few minutes we got it out. Ranger to the rescue! My father in law is the guy who is always right and I fully expected him to scoff at the idea but he was at the end of his rope and willing to try anything. So glad the Rattlesnake came through. Finished up the wiring the next day. The flooding was so bad I didn't dare bring my winchless Ranger out. Culverts were literally being ripped out of the ground by the run off. Run my harness up the spine and hooked up my back lights and rock lights. No pics because I was working fast and furious, heat shrink everywhere. Ended up abandoning running grounds back to front and put a ground buss by the ECU straight from the battery. Figured there's no difference since it's all connected anyway. My father in law (always the skeptic) asked "what do you need lights in the back for?" Well, I ride at night a lot. The headlights and front lights work great for opening the gates but once I'm through it's hard to see anything to lock em back up. "Ever heard of a flashlight?". Yes smart guy, but I don't have three hands. Ever tried turning around on a steep trail in the dark? Don't like the idea of backing off of cliffs. Back lights are four bulb Polaris cheapies I bought on cyber sale from Moto Alliance. Not bad for $30. Decided to add a 20" bar to the front and got a combo deal from Opt7 that came with two more corner spots. Going to relocate the cheapies under the bed for reverse lights and swap in the corner lights. Aside from the dome lights, that should pretty much finalize my lighting set up. Because of the larger tires mud guard/fender flares have been added to the shopping list. Told my wife about the mud that gets thrown in the back seat because there's no doors. "When are you getting the doors?". Well crap, next chance I get with your new found approval! No time to try and straighten out the tie rods that the dealer didn't align. Also didn't get a chance to bleed the brakes. It was pretty awesome to roll over all the debris in the road with the new lift and tires without a care. The rock lights look great (in the garage) but noticed the effectiveness will be reduced once the mud blockers are in, may have to add a couple more. Latest build list is mud guard/fender flares, skid plate (? Mostly for the mess underneath), front bar, new rear lights, rear bumper with reverse lights mounted, dragon fire doors, finish the seat heater install (got the harness run, just need to pull open the seats), rear view mirror is now needed, considering the roof liner and rear sound deadening because the noise is pretty loud in the cab with windshield, rear panels and running big tires in low. Rounding the corner for sure, also ran some speaker wire to the back for future radio install. Pics to come as soon as I can get back up there.
    Last edited by itsalljake; 01-23-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    Freddy P likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Slow slow SLOW progress. Picked up a package deal on 2 flood cubes and a 22" light bar from Opt7. Great price. Also waiting on my DragonFire doors to get dropped off by UPS today. Was going to head to the ranch for the long weekend but it looks like the 9 year old has other plans. Not sure when I'll get back but I'm am soooo excited to try out those new doors!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Jeez, busy months. March already? Means I get to go back to the ranch for my birthday. Some wrenching but mostly just enjoying the ride that's so much closer to completion but, well, you know how that goes. I would like to say the DragonFire doors went on without a hitch but not so much. Bit of a learning curve for me. Fortunately it was just me and my wife and she took the time to sit and the cab reading directions. (After I was halfway done) I was actually really glad she decided to come to the garage and share my interest. (And help me pull off what I'd done to follow the directions)

Name:  IMG_5626.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  2.03 MB

Name:  IMG_5628.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  1.69 MB

They come pretty seriously packed, I was quite impressed to say the least. However they must've been in the warehouse for awhile or get wet somewhere on the way because some rust was showing. Not serious but not confidence inspiring.

Name:  IMG_5630.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  470.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5631.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  859.3 KB

After some todo I got them on. Fitment wasn't great. I wanted to blame the brackets and then I remembered the quality control at Polaris. Will need to add some rubber to the bottoms.
    Last edited by itsalljake; 03-08-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    teshreve likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Name:  IMG_5638.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  1.79 MB

Name:  IMG_5642.JPG
Size:  631.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5680.JPG
Size:  3.07 MB
    teshreve likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Looks good!
    itsalljake likes this.
    2013 Ranger 800 Crew - Sage Green
    30" Gorilla Silverbacks
    14" MSA Diesels
    4" Precision Offroad A-arm lift
    Precision Offroad front and back bumper
    Full front windshield