2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

This is a discussion on 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Love the wheels and good luck getting it just how you like. I might have to steal your seat heaters for the winters up in ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Love the wheels and good luck getting it just how you like. I might have to steal your seat heaters for the winters up in the NE from though!
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 Ranger 900 EPS // #4500 Winch // Front Storage Rack // Sport Roof//Bad Dawg bed mat//Super ATV bumper w/bed rails//Trail Armor full skids//Trail Armor small storage rack//Seizmik Pursuit breakaway mirrors//Seizmik Vented Windshield//Polaris Rear view mirror//Pawltector E-break//Rigid D2-HD driving light Set//Rigid D2-HD Diffused Set//Rigid R2-46 Hyperspot/driving Set//MSA R-Forged F2 14"//ITP Blackwater Evo 28x9's//MMA 2.5 lift//Super ATV offset A-Arms Front and Rear//Duraclutch//S3 Springs front & rear//Mattracks Maxim Tracks

(Jake) Veteran Member itsalljake's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    It looks like A arms on next on the list of things to figure out. There is an awful lot of choices out there but I think I'm going SATV. Now there are still 3 choices. Just forward lowers, high clearance or boxed. Just lowers seems weird. The ultra high clearance (or whatever they are called) seems a little extreme for me and worries me about stressing stock axles. Leaning toward the boxed A arms because I like tough and these look solid. Anybody wants to chime in on these would be appreciated. That and is it worth it for me to trailer the Snake 200 miles down and 200 miles back to do the work myself. I'm a pretty smart guy, that being said, it may be smarter for me to find a shop than to kill my precious free time working on it myself. Not to mention the wife's reaction. She already rolls her eyes every time I take off solo. "I really think you have this unnatural obsession with being out there." Well duh!!! So, cutting back on her anxiety is worth it's weight in gold. Thoughts on A arm decisions would be appreciated.
    LockeLamora33 likes this.
    2016 POLARIS RANGER 900-6 CREW TITANIUM MATTE METALLIC

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    oh yeh: what kind of a rattle snake pattern?

are you planing to redo the seats only or the whole machine?

personally, i like eastern diamondback, and a monocled cobra head sticking out of the front Polaris blue emblem.
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 ranger 570 XP full size.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wgarcar2 View Post
    oh yeh: what kind of a rattle snake pattern?

are you planing to redo the seats only or the whole machine?

personally, i like eastern diamondback, and a monocled cobra head sticking out of the front Polaris blue emblem.
    Just the name I'm giving the ride. Central California. When of those things that you don't hear until you're right up on it and it scares the crap out of you.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Now I'm checking out the S3 power sports A arms. Not sure if I should do front and back either.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    I am intrigued by the boxed arms, they are deff more pricey, but they give you the extra clearance and look super heavy duty. That said, I just have the arched and offset ones they sell and have been happy for the month they have been on. I think if you replace them, just the regular ones don't make sense, it'd be the same result you have now.

No info on the s3's I didn't even know they had them.
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 Ranger 900 EPS // #4500 Winch // Front Storage Rack // Sport Roof//Bad Dawg bed mat//Super ATV bumper w/bed rails//Trail Armor full skids//Trail Armor small storage rack//Seizmik Pursuit breakaway mirrors//Seizmik Vented Windshield//Polaris Rear view mirror//Pawltector E-break//Rigid D2-HD driving light Set//Rigid D2-HD Diffused Set//Rigid R2-46 Hyperspot/driving Set//MSA R-Forged F2 14"//ITP Blackwater Evo 28x9's//MMA 2.5 lift//Super ATV offset A-Arms Front and Rear//Duraclutch//S3 Springs front & rear//Mattracks Maxim Tracks

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Well I'm already looking at $1000's what a few hundred more. Gonna to clear out a credit card (or two) in the next few weeks. Seems like there's no point in getting the tires/wheels until they fit. Read some unhappy reviews on SATV arms but they are few years old so maybe they've improved on the weak points. And yes, the boxed arms look pretty serious so why the hell not.
    LockeLamora33 likes this.

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Just the standard forward A arms with no lift will give you all the tire clearance you need.
    itsalljake likes this.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

"In the end its not the years in your life that count...its the life in your years"...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    I've got the highlifter arched front a arms and I'm happy with them. I also put heavy duty springs on all 4 corners to keep tough country front bumper from sagging front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 Ranger Crew 6 EPS Camo
    30" Motoclaws/MSA R2 Forged wheels
    2" lift/Highlifter A-arms
    Highlifter springs
    Probox roof
    Tough Country bumper w/D2's
    Duraclutch
    Evo stage 1 Ecu

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Well now I'm more confused. Talked to SATV and they make the boxed front with 1.5" lift, but not forward. This means I'll get clearance for my 28's but no forward clearance. They it would be no problem and I won't need steering stops because the radius won't be increased like the forward A arms. And then the rear, want to have a matched set but, they come in a standard version and a 2" lift version. The lift is in production till the end of the month, no issue for me. So the question is two fold.

With my 28's is the forward arm as important as say running 30's (which I'm unlikely to do) AND lift the rear or not? Will it make it the stance more even with or without? Ok, I lied, 3 fold question. I'd also like to thank everyone once again for chiming in and offering experience and advice in my time of need. Now I just need a GoFundMe site for the remaining mods.
    madmaxx15 and LockeLamora33 like this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links