2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

This is a discussion on 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Well $300 less for the HL product does leave room in the budget for other things. Not sure. But when I get stuck on something ...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

(Jake) Veteran Member itsalljake's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Well $300 less for the HL product does leave room in the budget for other things. Not sure. But when I get stuck on something I rarely let go. That's why mom always called me a terrier, sink in my teeth and keep shaking until it bends to my will.
    2016 POLARIS RANGER 900-6 CREW TITANIUM MATTE METALLIC
    Polaris-Sport roof:Glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit:Seat heaters:Horn:Homelink garage door opener. Dragon Fire-Half doors. 30" Tensor Regulators on 14"x8" Method Racing Mesh wheels. Odyssey 1200. Opt7 22" light bar and front cubes. Outkast 3" full kit.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    And now I'm looking at the Outkast full kit. When it comes right down to it we're talking about solid build design. The parts can't be too different from each other so for me I just want to know they will fit right the first time.
    Polaris-Sport roof:Glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit:Seat heaters:Horn:Homelink garage door opener. Dragon Fire-Half doors. 30" Tensor Regulators on 14"x8" Method Racing Mesh wheels. Odyssey 1200. Opt7 22" light bar and front cubes. Outkast 3" full kit.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itsalljake View Post
    And now I'm looking at the Outkast full kit. When it comes right down to it we're talking about solid build design. The parts can't be too different from each other so for me I just want to know they will fit right the first time.
    The Outkast 3" full kit is solidly built for sure. The one thing that I don't like on my '16 is that it it's cambered out in the front. I tried tightening down the shocks to help out (as others have suggested), but that didn't work for me. I'm leaning towards the HighLifter forward arms plus their 2" bracket lift once I buy my '17.
    itsalljake likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Oh boy. Heavy drilling going on. I think I've narrowed the A arm search down to SATV boxed set, OutKast, DeepSouth Armor or HighLifter. Yeah, I know, still a lot to chose from. From what I've been reading there's a lot of popularity with the full Outkast kit, they're just slow with production. Highlifter and SATV are mostly on the shelf. Not familiar with Deep South at all. I like that I can order all the ball joints, new rhino axles and arms from outcast. Don't know. Any last suggestions would be appreciated.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1046 times
    Outkast was not slow in November when I ordered my set. Here's my thoughts on them (including shipping time):
    http://www.prcforum.com/forum/154-ra...%20#post545942
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    After reading this thread and doing more research, I'm now looking at the SuperATV forward and rear arms. I like how they have camber adjustments for both the forward and rear although I understand that may be unnecessary. I'd couple it with their 3" bracket lift. I'm curious to see what you choose. Also like Todd, Outkast shipped my lift pretty quickly when I ordered last year this time. If you do go with Outkast, have them press your ball joints. It will save a little work for you.
    itsalljake likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    What do you think of the boxed version? Also, are you thinking of swapping out the OutKast set, and if so why, or is this for another machine?

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    910 times
    What do you think of the boxed version?
    I like the fact they are adjustable, but you could almost purchase a complete set, for what the boxed front list for.

But no matter how well/heavy duty they are made, they still attach to the same OEM frame tabs.
    You have cause and affect.
    itsalljake likes this.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    What do you think of the boxed version? Also, are you thinking of swapping out the OutKast set, and if so why, or is this for another machine?
    The boxed version looks cool. At first I disregarded them because it doesn't move the tire forward and I was worried about rubbing even with 28's. But if I couple this with a bracket lift, rubbing shouldn't be an issue. I'm selling the rig with the Outkast lift so whatever new lift I choose will be for a '17 crew 1000.
    itsalljake likes this.

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    910 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rorgan View Post
    The boxed version looks cool. At first I disregarded them because it doesn't move the tire forward and I was worried about rubbing even with 28's. But if I couple this with a bracket lift, rubbing shouldn't be an issue. I'm selling the rig with the Outkast lift so whatever new lift I choose will be for a '17 crew 1000.
    The 17's 1000 lift will be the same as 13'/17' 900's.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links