2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Alright, I am about to get started with my wish list. I would appreciate any and all questions (and answers) along the way. I would ...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: 2016 Ranger xp 900 Crew - RattleSnake dream(then)build thread

(Jake) Veteran Member itsalljake's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times

Alright, I am about to get started with my wish list. I would appreciate any and all questions (and answers) along the way. I would like nothing more than to build this myself but time and location make that untenable. And actually, if anybody has a trusted shop in Central CA that would be helpful.

Starting with the wheels which will necessitate several other mods as well. Method 401 beadlocks with 28x10x14 Tensor Regulators

Name:  14-Inch-Method-401-Beadlock-Wheels-with-Tensor-Tires_400x400.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  80.7 KB

My terrain always starts and stops on asphalt. The rest is mostly hard pack dirt trails with a few rocks thrown in and some dry brush. I may get lucky and end up with a couple weeks of mud but I can always throw the stockers back on for that. Been reading like crazy (here and elsewhere) and much as I didn't want to, I'll be going with the forward A arm replacement and the 2.5" MMA lift. I'm not too hard on the machine but with the forward arms, lift and tires I imagine my stock axles will not be long for this world. I just hope I can limp a few miles back to base if it happens.

This totally changed, picked some cheaper 406 (fake beadlocks) and decided to go Outkast 3" full lift kit with Rhino axles

Next on the list are even more high ticket items:
    Full glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit (I love going out at night and early morning and it gets foggy and wet)
    Rear split glass window (because you all talk about the dust coming in the back.
    Change to a solid rear panel, didn't like all the extra lines the split added.
    DragonFire half doors (they just look so damn good)
    LED lights (this is where things get interesting, lots of wiring options, battery options, placement options)
    Polaris radio (totally not necessary but I ride alone half the time so it'd be nice to have company)
    This is currently under debate, so many better options.
    Mud guards (for the bigger offset wheels, but again, a couple weeks a year)
    Winch (might not be necessary for my ride style, but a good idea for one of the 3 Ranger's on the ranch)
    Duraclutch (after I fry the stock one or start losing power)

I think that should do it for now. Got my fire extinguishers mounted and my Pawltector installed, guess it's time for the big ticket items. If anybody has suggestions my ears are wide open. Going to take me a few weeks to put the pieces (and cash!) together. I may tow the machine down South to get some of the work done myself but unfortunately time is money and money is time. My time is needed at work, so they pay pretty well. My time on the ranch is valuable, so I'm happy to pay to get the work done right.

Thanks for following along. I'll let you know once I actually get started. Just thought I'd make my own little space to keep up to date.
    Last edited by itsalljake; 01-12-2017 at 09:20 AM. Reason: forgot a couple things
    2016 POLARIS RANGER 900-6 CREW TITANIUM MATTE METALLIC
    Polaris-Sport roof:Glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit:Seat heaters:Horn:Homelink garage door opener. Dragon Fire-Half doors. 30" Tensor Regulators on 14"x8" Method Racing Mesh wheels. Odyssey 1200. Opt7 22" light bar and front cubes. Outkast 3" full kit.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Congrats on new ride, I'm guessing from the a arms and lift you are gonna run 30's, good choice. I've got a Duraclutch and while expensive I highly recommend one with bigger, heavy tires. I think the stock axles are good as long as you drive sensibly. I have rigid LEDs on my truck and buggy and they have been excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 Ranger Crew 6 EPS Camo
    30" Motoclaws/MSA R2 Forged wheels
    2" lift/Highlifter A-arms
    Highlifter springs
    Probox roof
    Tough Country bumper w/D2's
    Duraclutch
    Evo stage 1 Ecu

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Actually I'm going 28. Lies! Once I found out the Tensors run a little small I went 30. I'll burn the clutch out first but Duraclutch is something that will go on the list. Thanks for the reminder.
    Last edited by itsalljake; 01-12-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Polaris-Sport roof:Glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit:Seat heaters:Horn:Homelink garage door opener. Dragon Fire-Half doors. 30" Tensor Regulators on 14"x8" Method Racing Mesh wheels. Odyssey 1200. Opt7 22" light bar and front cubes. Outkast 3" full kit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    You can prob just get by with a arms with 28's...

itsalljake likes this.
    Highlifter springs
    Probox roof
    Duraclutch
    Evo stage 1 Ecu

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    [QUOTE=madmaxx15;799962]You can prob just get by with a arms with 28's...

Good to know. Might go with lifted forward A arms. Like I said, open to suggestions, so thanks for that. The more I read the more I see about rubbing with 28's even with the forward arms.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Maybe so...I had 27's on my 2015 and it was completely stock and no rubbing...

itsalljake likes this.
    Highlifter springs
    Probox roof
    Duraclutch
    Evo stage 1 Ecu

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    i didn't see the words : ROOF, ROCKER SWITCHES, SPARE TIRE, TOOL CARRIER, TOOL BOX, BRUSH GUARD, HEATER

and EARTHQUAKE SWAYING CONTROL option. lol
    itsalljake likes this.
    2016 ranger 570 XP full size.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wgarcar2 View Post
    i didn't see the words : ROOF, ROCKER SWITCHES, SPARE TIRE, TOOL CARRIER, TOOL BOX, BRUSH GUARD, HEATER

and EARTHQUAKE SWAYING CONTROL option. lol
    Already has a roof. Rocker switches will come with the radio upgrade (probably some custom OTRTTW custom jobbies), tool carrier/box is absolutely on the way but not a dream mod, standard accessory. Ordering a set of 5 wheels and tires.did not, no great deals on 5 wheel combos Been eyeballing the quickshot for a long time now. Haven't settled on the brush guard but that will take shape in the lighting phase. With the doors and windshield I'm not worried about the heat but considerIng adding the seat warmer for some of those nights. And I'm from LA homie, fear no earthquake, just be prepared. But good eye!
    Last edited by itsalljake; 01-12-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    wgarcar2 and LockeLamora33 like this.

(Scott) Regular Member SoTexHunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Sounds like you got it wired! In for pics!
    2016 Ranger 900XP EPS Crew
    ProBoxTop Roof
    Fortress sliding windshield
    2.5 MMA lift
    HighLifter arched a arms
    Polaris 4500 winch
    Maxxis Viper 29x11x14
    STI HD3

2012 Ranger 500
    Polaris Poly Roof
    Polaris 3500 Winch
    Polaris brush guard
    2 inch lift
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Dream first. Pics to come. Gonna take awhile and I'll probably need to find a trusted mechanic up North or trailer it down to work on it to LA for fab work. But I'd rather have it ready to ride any chance I get when I'm in up there. I forgot to add rock lights. Since I'm out a lot at night I want to make sure I have good ground light without burning out the sky.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links