Street legal kit recommendations for a 13 800 Crew
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Street legal kit recommendations for a 13 800 Crew within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Just bought a new to us 2013 800 Crew today and need to get it registered as Street Legal ASAP. Hoping to get a few ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Street legal kit recommendations for a 13 800 Crew

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Just bought a new to us 2013 800 Crew today and need to get it registered as Street Legal ASAP. Hoping to get a few recommendations. I have some friends who have the Tusk Kits but the lights won't integrate with the Taillights on the Crew and I don't think it would be very easy to mount the 3/4" LED's in the back anywhere. I need something that can use the rear Brake lights as Turn signals. Anyone know of a Kit that will do this? As much plug and play is always good. I would like to do the work myself. I've actually installed a DIY kit on a RZR 570 before but I just bought all the pieces myself and not a kit. I know someone out there has to make a good Kit that's basically plug and play by now. My last kit anytime water would touch the Flasher or anything it would make the turn signals start flashing and you couldn't get it to stop until it completey dried out which could take hours. I usually just had to unplug the fuse at the battery to get it to stop. Kinda a Jerry rigged operation. I want to do it right this time. Any help or ideas appreciated..
    07 Ranger XP 700
    6 seater

Member #
    Member #
    I just put a kit on my 2015 crew. You can put the 3/4" hole under the tail lights. The kit I bought of eBay came with turn ignals, switch, horn, conecters, black tape, and zip ties. Took me about 2 hours to install . Read the directions. Everything works off the relay. Took several times to figure this out. Once I followed the directions to a "T" it all worked. Cost was around $70 for everything. Also put the same kit on my brother in laws yardsport utv. Not plu and play but works great and looks good

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Would you happen to have pics of the lights under the taillights? I'd like to see how you did it. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    559 times
    I went with the Tusk kit from Rocky Mountain ATV. Bought it for my Ranger and never installed it and ended up putting it on my RZR. Complete, simple to install and very clean. There are several different kits out there and I do not think I have seen a bad review on any of them. I have also seen guys take the time to do what you originally asked and have the rear tail lights do it and even have the indicators that are already built into the stock gauge cluster work.....it did not look easy though. You may can dig that old thread up if you search hard enough on here.
    The Tusk kit comes with 2 each of the small LEDs for each corner and even though they do not take up hardly any space to install you can just install one on each corner if you wish, I went with 2.

In this dirty pic you can see the horn button, turn signal switch and indicators mounted below my GPS.
    2012 800 XP Browning Edition Snorkeled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrYoDsj93w
    EMP roof/full windshield/rear bumper. Whomoto rear window and dust blockers. Siezmek Pursuit sideview mirrors. Tusk street legal kit.
    SATV front bumper with Viper Max 5K Winch. SATV HD Steering.
    Trail Armor full skid plate
    8 Front and 1 rear LED lights
    RGB LED lights in cab
    Custom built overhead JL Audio sound system.
    Parallel Odyssey 925s
    Single Gun Big Sky overhead gun rack
    Garmin Montana 600 GPS
    3" Outkast lift with limit straps and Super Dave's bushings
    Elka Stage 4 suspension
    31x11.50x15LT Super Swamper LTBs on MSA M-21 beadlocks
    Rhino axles.
    Booger's Toxic Toys complete billet front diff
    DDP ultimate clutch
    Hunterworks HD fan
    HL parking brake pads
    My build thread

And this

Member #
    Member #
    Name:  IMG_0030.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.51 MBName:  IMG_0033.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.68 MB
    Hope this helps, did front and rear for you

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Perfect. Ordered up the Tusk Kit last night. Hoping it shows up tomorrow since RMATV is a Utah company it should t take long with shipping. Went and got me a 14 day temp tag this morning so I should be good to go. Figure 1-2hra to install the kit. I've done one before on a 570 Rzr I had but I made the kit myself. This Tusk kit already comes with plug and play ends so it should be super simple.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok so my Street legal kit from Rocky Mountain ATV showed up today. Super fast shipping. 24hrs after I ordered it was at my door. Can't complain about that. This kit is the Tusk brand kit. I bought the version that comes with everything except mirrors since I already have them. Cost for the Kit without mirrors was $149. Kit comes all pug and play but does require you drill a few holes. They even include a spade bit for the LED lights. I was a little skeptical when I laid the kit on the ground to see how long the harness was. I knew from the getgo after I laid it out that the wires running to the back for the tail lights and license plate were going to be to short. I looked on the harness package again and confirmed that it said long on the package and it did. I called RMATV and they said that's the correct one. But seriously I was 5ft short. I ran the wires as close to the stock wiring harness as I could but there was no way this was going to work. So I ended up having to splice in wires which I was bummed that I had to do. But it really only cost me maybe another 10 minutes time so no big deal. They really do need to make it longer though.
    The kit comes with a total of 8 LED lights. You can put them wherever you want. I decided to put on on each corner so it can be visible both from the front and the side. Worked great. The instructions that come with the kit are excellent. They are color and super easy to follow. It's a truly plug and play kit if you don't have to splice in extra length like I did. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I'd highly recommend this kit to others who want to Street legal their Ranger Crews. Here are a few pics. 2 photos showing where I placed the LED's front and rear and a pic showing where I put the toggle for the turn signals and the turn indicator lights and also the horn button. Took about a total of 1.5hrs to install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Happy Prospector likes this.
    07 Ranger XP 700
    6 seater

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Only thing left to do is figure out where to mount my license plate and clean up my wiring a bit. It looks like a rats nest under the hood. Oh ya and I need to swap my power from the battery to a switched circuit.

Any of you have any great ideas about how and where to mount the license plate on the back. Preferably away from the engine. It get what to hot anywhere near that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07 Ranger XP 700
    6 seater

Member #
    Member #
    I would mount it onto the tailgate. Maybe put a cool bezel around it to make it more uniform. Just a thought. Good luck!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    559 times
    Awesome, looks great! I bet they really have the same kit for Rangers and RZRs and other brands so basically they sell it as a one size fits all. The wires were plenty long enough for my RZR but I can see they would need to be much longer for a Ranger. Glad it worked out and you posted it so others will be aware of the, pardon the pun, short comings.
    2012 800 XP Browning Edition Snorkeled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrYoDsj93w
    EMP roof/full windshield/rear bumper. Whomoto rear window and dust blockers. Siezmek Pursuit sideview mirrors. Tusk street legal kit.
    SATV front bumper with Viper Max 5K Winch. SATV HD Steering.
    Trail Armor full skid plate
    8 Front and 1 rear LED lights
    RGB LED lights in cab
    Custom built overhead JL Audio sound system.
    Parallel Odyssey 925s
    Single Gun Big Sky overhead gun rack
    Garmin Montana 600 GPS
    3" Outkast lift with limit straps and Super Dave's bushings
    Elka Stage 4 suspension
    31x11.50x15LT Super Swamper LTBs on MSA M-21 beadlocks
    Rhino axles.
    Booger's Toxic Toys complete billet front diff
    DDP ultimate clutch
    Hunterworks HD fan
    HL parking brake pads
    My build thread