570-4 Build Sheet
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

570-4 Build Sheet

This is a discussion on 570-4 Build Sheet within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Hi all! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks here, time for my first post. I'm putting together a build sheet for a 2017 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pitbull

Thread: 570-4 Build Sheet

Member #
    Member #

570-4 Build Sheet

Hi all! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks here, time for my first post.

I'm putting together a build sheet for a 2017 570-4 EPS. In your opinions, what should I add from the factory, and what should I add aftermarket myself? I have an initial build that has front and rear windshield and the poly roof. But then I found an aftermarket windshield with a manual wiper for cheaper, so I thought I'd get all of your opinions. I've never owned a Ranger before, nor do I know anyone that owns one.

Here's how I'm going to use it: 85% of the time to cart us and friends across our property (wooded and hilly) to our dock. 10% taking the garbage to the end of a very long driveway, 4% hauling wood, 1% plowing snow. My wife will be driving it, so that's why I'm going with the EPS (plus I like the color scheme a lot better). Eventually I'll want to lift it, a-arms, add a sound bar, lights, etc, etc.

So what's worth it to add from the factory? Roof? Tires? Winch? Or is it better just to do the base and get everything aftermarket?

Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    Hello and welcome to PRC! Unless your dealer is willing to make you some great deals you'll most likely find that you can get most, if not all, accessories cheaper going aftermarket. Something else to consider would be your warranty! Polaris is well known for NOT handling warranty claims if ANY alterations have been done to your machine. However, if it is a dealer installed item they are a little more inclined to help out. It's kind of a catch 22 situation, pay more at the dealership with better chance of warranty fixes or, save some money, do it yourself and roll the dice on warranty issues. Everybody has their own ideas and opinions when it comes to this and only you can decide what's best for you and yours. Personally, I'd save the money and build my own or go aftermarket. There is enough knowledge on this forum to walk you through just about any issue you could have, IF you have any. Good luck and post some picks so w can see what you've got, we love pretty new toys!
    Pitbull

2016 Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize
    SATV 2" Lift On Front
    EV Coil Springs On Rear
    Highlifter Max Clearance Forward A-Arms
    Interco Interforce 30x8x12
    Seizmik Vented Windshield
    Kolpin Stronghold Gun Boot And Bracket
    Custom Roof
    Custom Roof Rack/Light Bracket
    Custom Game Loader Winch Bar
    Custom Front and Rear Mud Guards
    Polaris Lock and Ride Rear Glass
    KFI Front Winch Mount
    2 Badlands 3500 Winch
    Overhead Lights
    Rear Work/Back-up Lights

Member #
    Member #
    Thanks pitbull!! I'm a huge DIYer, so voiding warranties doesn't scare me

So I'm thinking base then. My biggest concern upfront is windshield and roof with winter coming to the NE. Are there good options for after market of these? Any recommendations? My dealer says they stock plows. Anyone have experience with Pete's cycle in MD?

Thanks again!!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    Seizmik makes an adjustable, vented poly windshield that I'm impressed with but, I live in a very mild climate compared to yours. Look up seizmik on the web, they also offer full and folding windshields. Side note.....if you choose poly, make sure you get the hard coated one, a little more $$$ but, worth it. I made my own roof out of thin weld steel and plywood. Someone else will have to help you with the plows, no need for them in Louisiana.
    Last edited by pitbull; 01-01-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    stoked likes this.
    Pitbull

2016 Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize
    SATV 2" Lift On Front
    EV Coil Springs On Rear
    Highlifter Max Clearance Forward A-Arms
    Interco Interforce 30x8x12
    Seizmik Vented Windshield
    Kolpin Stronghold Gun Boot And Bracket
    Custom Roof
    Custom Roof Rack/Light Bracket
    Custom Game Loader Winch Bar