XP900 Crew for Fire Rescue Suspension
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on XP900 Crew for Fire Rescue Suspension within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; My fire department put together their own 900 crew for fire and rescue. Now with the extra weight the suspension really needs help. I have ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tbg120

Thread: XP900 Crew for Fire Rescue Suspension

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

My fire department put together their own 900 crew for fire and rescue. Now with the extra weight the suspension really needs help. I have been searching for air suspension systems for this model and have come up empty. Can someone steer me in the right direction? I would also like to upgrade the tires and wheels to something DOT rated. If I jump up to 14's will I need forward a-arms and a lift?
    Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Welcome to the forum Terry. Don't hear much about air suspension systems here. Some folks have had success raising their machines by replacing oem springs with EV springs. As to the 14" rims - rim size has nothing to do with ride height. A 27" tire on a 12 or 14 inch rim will be the same height. You might post up the the terain you will be using your rig in. The tire folks will need some more info to give you a proper recommendation on tires. Good luck.
    2013 Ranger XP900 LE EFI EPS, Viper Elite 5000# Winch, Dragon Fire 1/2 Doors, THE Duraclutch, Firestorm Heater, 12" Totron combo light bar front and flood cubes aft, DIY game loader

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    340 times
    Hello and welcome to PRC! I concur with Jim on the wheels, you could even go up to a 15" wheel, which would give even more tire options, and it won't effect anything. Tire size is what effects your need for arms or a lift. As long as you stay under a true 27" tire, you shouldn't need forward arms or a lift. Now, for suspension, I would recommend either the S3 HD springs or the Highlifter HD springs, I'm pretty sure the ev springs mentioned above will only work on the midsize (570) machines. Post up some pics so we can see what ya'll have built!
    Pitbull

2016 Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize
    SATV 2" Lift On Front
    EV Coil Springs On Rear
    Highlifter Max Clearance Forward A-Arms
    Interco Interforce 30x8x12
    Seizmik Vented Windshield
    Kolpin Stronghold Gun Boot And Bracket
    Custom Roof
    Custom Roof Rack/Light Bracket
    Custom Game Loader Winch Bar
    Custom Front and Rear Mud Guards
    Polaris Lock and Ride Rear Glass
    KFI Front Winch Mount
    2 Badlands 3500 Winch
    Overhead Lights
    Rear Work/Back-up Lights

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbg120 View Post
    My fire department put together their own 900 crew for fire and rescue. Now with the extra weight the suspension really needs help. I have been searching for air suspension systems for this model and have come up empty. Can someone steer me in the right direction? I would also like to upgrade the tires and wheels to something DOT rated. If I jump up to 14's will I need forward a-arms and a lift?
    Thanks in advance.
    RideTech, Legand and now Bad Dawg offer air suspensions for the Rangers.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks guys, I am going to give RideTech a call. As far as the tires and wheels go maybe everyone misunderstood. Do to the weight and use of this rig I would like to go to a DOT approved UTV tire better suited for asphalt and gravel trails. I am worried about them running the low PSI stock tires and rolling a sidewall on a turn. Most DOT tires for UTV's are coming in 14" that I have seen. If I have to change control arms etc. to make them fit then that is an option.
    miko3075 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Any pics of the beast?
    2016 Polaris Ranger 570 EPS // 2.5" MMA Lift // 27" Zilla's // 4000lb SuperWinch // Polaris 60" Plow //

2016 Polaris Sportsman 570

2016 Subaru WRX 6MT

2017 F150 FX4 3.5TT/10 speed

Sponsored Links