Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2013 XP 900 Owners Ride Reviews?!

This is a discussion on 2013 XP 900 Owners Ride Reviews?! within the 2013 Model Polaris Rangers/RZRs forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; I would love to hear more thoughts, reviews and comparisons on this awesome rig!...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 XP 900 Owners Ride Reviews?!

Member #
    Member #

2013 XP 900 Owners Ride Reviews?!

I would love to hear more thoughts, reviews and comparisons on this awesome rig!
    2009 Ranger XP 700 Camo. 2013 XP 900 Browning Edition.

Member #
    Member #
    Very few new 2013 900's have been sold. Got one on order. Will compare to my 2012 800 as soon as they tell me it is here.

Member #
    Member #
    I'll let you know on Thursday. Paid for mine today, but can't go pick it up until Thursday.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Not an owner yet, but I just test drove a 2013 Ranger XP 900. All I can say is WOW. The 900 is quiet, and the throttle response was awesome, low speed driving was easy. And as was stated by the PRC staff, when you put a cab on it you will hardly be able to hear the engine.
    I was able to drive it on a dirt track, and it does have some push in the corners. I drove it on some rocky hills, I could tell the new frame design, was making the suspension do it's job instead of flexing.
    There are alot of improved features to the new 900, but with anything there were somethings I liked and some I disliked. There is no room under the hood, the glovebox is smaller, and IMO they could have found a better place for the ECM and diagnostic ports.

It is definitely better than the previous ranger lineup. It is an awesome machine.
    PRC #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green

Supporting Member
    (Bruce) PRC Administrator ElecTech's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Greg, glad to see you think this new XP900 is great also. We were very happy with it during our test. I was thinking they said the glovebox was bigger, maybe they meant total under dash storage? As far as the ECM and Digital Wrench connection, the idea there was to have the ability there for the tech or owner to tune while running vs. having to stop and hop out to do things or to see the digital wrench. Using that theory, it is in the perfect spot. We didn't spend much time under the hood area though. Like you though, I think the positives far outweigh the negatives and was very glad this was a truly new model vs. a bandaided version. Can't wait for more folks to chime in with their thoughts once they have it for a while.
    Bruce
    Member #2
    '05 4X4 Ranger
    Rangerware accessories

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care on HIM for HE careth for you.

Member #
    Member #
    Been riding mine for the past few days and loving it. Ride is very smooth and power steering is great, but almost too assistive at certain points. This thing has gobs of torque and is very quick off the line. Around 40 it starts to slow down which is correct for a machine built for pulling and work applications. Underseat storage comes in very handy and frees the bed up for other things.

The only complaint and concern I have is about the seats. The front corners on the seat sides has the seat material stretched over the seat pan. I already have a little mark where the seat material has been pulling on the pan. I wonder how long it will take of getting in and out of the machine before the pan completely wears through the material?

Overall it is a great machine and huge improvement over the previous model. It did very well on steep trails and climbed very well despite having less front end weight due to engine placement.

IF anyone has any questions about something I didn't mention, just ask!

Member #
    Member #
    Nice review Joe, that is one sharp looking Red 900 Wow! What's the top speed in low range? My 700 is about 20 tops and sounds like it's gonna vibrate to pieces, was hoping for a little higher and smoother top speed and lower rpm from the 900.
    2009 Ranger XP 700 Camo. 2013 XP 900 Browning Edition.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger30
    It did very well on steep trails and climbed very well despite having less front end weight due to engine placement.
    This was also a concern for me, but I drove it up some rock ledges/steps and it felt stable, it never felt light in the front. I was driving in four wheel low and it was crawling along. Just guessing I was at apprx 35-45 degree angle.

Joe, where in Arkansas do you live, and who did you purchase from.
    Good looking machine, I know you are enjoying it.
    PRC #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green

Member #
    Member #
    I am not sure about the top speed in Low Range yet. I haven't tested the limits, but I was riding on the road the other night around 20mph and it felt good. No shudder and minimal noise. That's one thing I forgot to add about the new Ranger. It is SO QUIET. My mother in law was riding my kid around the yard while I was doing stuff and I couldn't hear them at all. You can have conversations in the cab at 30-40mph.

Toxic, I live outside of Jonesboro. Got my Ranger at Sunrise in Searcy.

(pierre) Elite Member pierre jean's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Sound realy nice , to my ears .......smoot ride , quiet , lots of torque . Did we lost alls ding ding coming from everywere ?
    Pierre Jean

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links