teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Who's up for a way-too-many-pics and way-too-much-info build thread? TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE The Ultimate in RANGER Xtreme Performance Now with Active Descent Control High ...

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree316Likes

Thread: teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1235 times

Who's up for a way-too-many-pics and way-too-much-info build thread?

TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    • The Ultimate in RANGER Xtreme Performance Now with Active Descent Control
    • High Output 68 HP ProStar Engine
    • Trail Edition Features: Cut-and-Sew Seats, A-Arm Guards, Underbody Skid Plates, Fender Flares, Front and Rear Brushguards, Storage Box and Rearview Mirror

Suspension & Drivetrain

Cab Stuff

Audio System

Misc
    Last edited by teshreve; 12-14-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Looks like this will be a great build, I have quite a few of the upgrades that you mentioned. You might want to look in to the Duraclutch being used with any tune. I do not think it is setup for the extra power so you might want to ask around. Todd with Hunterworks is very knowledgeable about what the Duraclutch can handle. I have to admit that the Duraclutch is by far the best add-on thay I have installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    2015 Polaris Ranger Hunter Deluxe Edition, MSA M20 Kore 14x7 Wheels, Maxxis Bighorn 28x10 Tires, Marshall Motoart Lift

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1019 times
    Tesh, I have to ask why?
    With the 16' probably being the last year of this style ( Polaris has been on a 4 Year rotation) why would you purchase now. With the looming possibility of a completely new Ranger, possibly a 1000, or wait and get a better deal on said 16' year model.
    I have seen a couple of members do this, so I am curious as to why.

You basically have the same generation machine, just a different color.
    Last edited by Toxic-21; 10-23-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

(Mike) 1000+ Member mtimesplitter167's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    578 times
    X2,what Greg said.
    trog likes this.

Three can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Buying a '16 has given them 4 years to get the bugs worked out of it then, right?
    Last edited by onewheat; 11-01-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    teshreve likes this.
    2015 Ranger 900 XP in Black Pearl
    Polaris Sport Roof
    Polaris Front Brush Guard
    Polaris Rear Bumper
    Polaris Lock 'N Ride Fixed Glass Windshield
    Trail Armor 1/2" UHMW Full Skid
    Viper Elite 5000 lb. winch
    50" Off-Road LED Light Bar with Spot/Flood Combo Beam
    3" Square Rear-Facing LED Auxillary Lights

2017 RZR XP1000 EPS in Titanium Metallic
    Pro Armor Baja Cage in Indy Red
    Pro Armor Trail Front Bumper
    Pro Armor Traditional Doors
    Polaris Tube Rock Sliders
    Pro Armor 3" Harnesses
    Viper Elite 5000 lb. winch

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2006 times
    Todd, looking forward to your build! One question (for now!), The Trail version comes with upgraded skids and a arm guards. Have you seen them and just decided that they aren't substantial enough, hence your decision to go with the Trail Armor? I can't find any info on them and I can't tell if they are just a larger version of the typical skid material Po uses on the other models.

Oh yeah, one other thing, Will Reed (Team FAS) can probably save you a few bucks by going through him rather than going directly to the manufacturer on a bunch of the parts you have listed.
    teshreve and old navy salt like this.

My friend says to me, “What rhymes with orange?” I said, “No it doesn’t.”

'11 800 XP - Viper Elite 4000 - EZTSK Turn Signals - Overhead Gun Rack - Backup LED - Dual Lock 'n Ride Storage Bins - Odyssey Aux 925L Battery on 1314 - H.I.D.'s - 30" LED Front, 10" LED Rear - Diamond Plate Floor Boards - Rear View Mirror w/Compass, Temp & Map Lites - 26" Bighorns - Front & Back BA arched A-Arms - Half Folding Windshield - DiamondBack Roof - Foot Saver - Dash Kit - UHMW Skids - Prolockers

'13 RZR 900xp EPS - Medical Insurance

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1235 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic-21 View Post
    With the 16' probably being the last year of this style ( Polaris has been on a 4 Year rotation) why would you purchase now.
    I'll admit that it sounds crazy. Here are my reasons, some of which have dubious value, but it's only money and you only live once as far as I can tell.
    1) I am really, REALLY going to enjoy the project part of it. I love building things.
    2) The aftermarket for the 900 is mature and chock full of kickass wares. I would not be able to do a project this complex, assuming there is something entirely new in 2017, until 2018 or 2019. That is just too long to wait!
    3) I like new stuff and I can easily afford it, so why not? If the '17's are unholy bitchen, I'll buy one in '18 and suffer through 2 agonizing, terrible years with my sweet '16
    4) I'm possessed. No amount of logic or reason can stop me now! But seriously, it's interesting to think about applying rational to what is for me almost entirely a toy. I do use my Ranger for working around the property, but I have a nice John Deere tractor that works just fine or better for most chores. But it's not as fun, doesn't have tunes, and has no place to put a cooler.
    ChrisH, Toxic-21, TG-OK and 6 others like this.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1235 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fswan View Post
    One question (for now!), The Trail version comes with upgraded skids and a arm guards. Have you seen them and just decided that they aren't substantial enough, hence your decision to go with the Trail Armor?
    Great question! I should have put the Trail Armor skids in the "Still Under Consideration" section. I have not yet seen them, but my assumption is that they will be inferior to the Trail Armor setup, especially considering the reinforcement bracketry that comes with the TA skids. However, if not true I'll not buy the skids.
    I pretty much have to replace the (front) arms so the arm guards are an unfortunate waste. But I will have brand new A arm guards for sale! Along with the arms, the ridiculous looking extended brushguard thing, and possibly skid plates.
    fswan and trog like this.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2006 times
    10-4! Although I can see added functionality of the extended brush guard, I gotta agree with you; it's butt ugly!

My friend says to me, “What rhymes with orange?” I said, “No it doesn’t.”

'11 800 XP - Viper Elite 4000 - EZTSK Turn Signals - Overhead Gun Rack - Backup LED - Dual Lock 'n Ride Storage Bins - Odyssey Aux 925L Battery on 1314 - H.I.D.'s - 30" LED Front, 10" LED Rear - Diamond Plate Floor Boards - Rear View Mirror w/Compass, Temp & Map Lites - 26" Bighorns - Front & Back BA arched A-Arms - Half Folding Windshield - DiamondBack Roof - Foot Saver - Dash Kit - UHMW Skids - Prolockers

'13 RZR 900xp EPS - Medical Insurance

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1019 times
    Quote Originally Posted by teshreve View Post
    I'll admit that it sounds crazy. Here are my reasons, some of which have dubious value, but it's only money and you only live once as far as I can tell.
    1) I am really, REALLY going to enjoy the project part of it. I love building things.
    2) The aftermarket for the 900 is mature and chock full of kickass wares. I would not be able to do a project this complex, assuming there is something entirely new in 2017, until 2018 or 2019. That is just too long to wait!
    3) I like new stuff and I can easily afford it, so why not? If the '17's are unholy bitchen, I'll buy one in '18 and suffer through 2 agonizing, terrible years with my sweet '16
    4) I'm possessed. No amount of logic or reason can stop me now! But seriously, it's interesting to think about applying rational to what is for me almost entirely a toy. I do use my Ranger for working around the property, but I have a nice John Deere tractor that works just fine or better for most chores. But it's not as fun, doesn't have tunes, and has no place to put a cooler.
    Tesh, if I ever make it to Oregon, I want to hang out with you!

I have 2 Rangers already, looking to purchase #3 if I am correct about the 2017's.
    I guess I'm guilty too, no Rational thinking here either, sorry for questioning you.

Will be looking forward to the build and pics!
    teshreve and Limo driver like this.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links