Will 31" tires fit?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Will 31" tires fit?

This is a discussion on Will 31" tires fit? within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Will be ordering HL 2 in lift or MMA 2" and HL forward a-arms for my 16 900 xp. I really like the outback max ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Will 31" tires fit?

(Cody) Starting Member islandrunner's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #

Will 31" tires fit?

Will be ordering HL 2 in lift or MMA 2" and HL forward a-arms for my 16 900 xp. I really like the outback max tires and want to go with a 15" rim which means I have to get the 31" maxs because they don't make 30's for 15" rims.... do y'all think with 2" lift and forward a-arm I would have any trouble with the 31 outback maxs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    It will be close. I ride with a couple guys who are running the outkast 3" 1/2 kit with 31" bkt. No rubbing, but I don't see less lift clearing them, especially a wider tire too. You'll probably have to crank the preload setting up on springs, giving you a harsher ride.

May want to consider the S3 HD springs as well. I went from oem springs cranked all the way up to s3's on lowest setting and gained 1.5 inches of height. They'll probably settle in a couple months and end up at an additional inch. Rides much better too, oem springs started sagging after only a few hundred miles.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Also depends on how true to size the outback's run. Bkt's run true to size.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    Why not just take the easy route, run 14's and 30" outbacks, mma lift and forward arms? I know for a fact that will work, and realistically will probably look just as good and go every bit of the same places. A friend of mine had 30" outbacks on his RZR 1k, they look good in a 30.
    2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP F/S
    2.5" Marshall Motoart lift - rides as soft as stock
    SuperATV forward arched arms
    30" EFX Motoclaws / STI HD5 beadlocks
    Multi-vent hardcoat windshield
    Canvas rear window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    I would highly suggest the MMA lift over the HL lift, I've had both, the HL lift blows, aggravating to install and rides absolutely terrible. Mma lift is super easy to install and rides smooth as stock.

If you really wanted to run 31's with that suspension combo, I think they may work with some rubbing, but cannot say for sure. My 30" Motoclaws measure a fuzz over 29" and I wouldn't want to run anything that measure out over 30". I have mma lift and satv forward arms.

The main thing you will definitely rub with that setup and 31's is the front bumper.

Last edited by TacomaJD; 12-02-2016 at 01:10 AM.
    Canvas rear window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    30" outbacks pictured below. The 31's may run a little short and fit alright, just have to find somebody that has a set of 31's and can measure them. If they measure 30.5" or less, you may be alright with them.

Last edited by TacomaJD; 12-02-2016 at 01:08 AM.
    Canvas rear window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1190 times
    My 2013 900 had 2" Backward Armor arms with lift and forwardness and 30" Moto MTC tires. Man I loved those tires. They rubbed so bad that I cut the bumper tubes entirely off.
    My 2016 900 has the 3" Outkast arms with forwardness and 30" Motoclaw tires. Also love these tires, but I think I like the MTCs more. These also rub, but not as bad.
    Do the Motoclaws actually rub less or does the tread pattern a make a huge difference in how annoying the rubbing is?
    Well, I's say the Backward Armor arms were *too* forward, but the tread pattern on the MTCs made the rubbing sound and feel like you were going to DIE.
    Whereas the Motoclaws with their much finer tread pattern kind of make a vibration sound/feel that is more... soothing.

I would suggest that your 31" Outlaw Max tires are not only going to rub, but when they do you are going to directly shit your pants.
    You can cut off the tubes, drive like a grandma, get a 6" lift, or live with profoundly obnoxious rubbing.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    Quote Originally Posted by teshreve View Post
    My 2013 900 had 2" Backward Armor arms with lift and forwardness and 30" Moto MTC tires. Man I loved those tires. They rubbed so bad that I cut the bumper tubes entirely off.
    My 2016 900 has the 3" Outkast arms with forwardness and 30" Motoclaw tires. Also love these tires, but I think I like the MTCs more. These also rub, but not as bad.
    Do the Motoclaws actually rub less or does the tread pattern a make a huge difference in how annoying the rubbing is?
    Well, I's say the Backward Armor arms were *too* forward, but the tread pattern on the MTCs made the rubbing sound and feel like you were going to DIE.
    Whereas the Motoclaws with their much finer tread pattern kind of make a vibration sound/feel that is more... soothing.

I would suggest that your 31" Outlaw Max tires are not only going to rub, but when they do you are going to directly shit your pants.
    You can cut off the tubes, drive like a grandma, get a 6" lift, or live with profoundly obnoxious rubbing.
    Your 30" claws rub with the 3" outkast lift with forward arms??? How? Mine never rubs even driving like a crazy person. Only time I ever rubbed my bumper was when I was running forward arms only and no lift.
    Canvas rear window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1190 times
    I have paint missing on the underside of my tubes to prove it. You underestimate the power of vodka tonics
    But seriously, most of my rubbage occurs with at least 2 people and always 3 people in the cab, while traversing smooth medium speed woopage with tight turns. I can induce rub no problem with 2 people and have to avoid it with 3.
    Look at the bottom side of your tubes. If they are black, you're driving like a poon
    mason_tay likes this.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    Mine are rubbed off from the two rides I went on in between HL and MMA lift (forward arms only, no lift). It would rub easy then, amd when it did, even the slightest bit, I could hear it. They have never rubbed a single time with either the HL or MMA lift....which the HL lift sucks and rides stiff enough, there was no way that was happening anyways when I had that lift on.

How much ground clearance does your rig have? Mine is dead on 15" front back and sides.
    Canvas rear window

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links