Any thoughts on the Polaris flip down poly windshield? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Any thoughts on the Polaris flip down poly windshield?

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on the Polaris flip down poly windshield? within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I didn't realize it was hardcoat - good! The other window I'd go with is the glass flip up, but the price is ridiculous! Still ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any thoughts on the Polaris flip down poly windshield?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I didn't realize it was hardcoat - good! The other window I'd go with is the glass flip up, but the price is ridiculous! Still leaning towards the flip down. I don't trailer much so that shouldn't be a big concern.

(Brandon) Veteran Member Guodnplenty's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Any suggestions where to order one of these from other than local Polaris dealer? Can't seem to find it for less than MSRP.
    2016 Ranger 900 XP, RVS Stage 1.5 tune, custom DIY snorkel, 30" Bighorn , Whomoto aluminum roof, Wild Boar front bumper, Viper Elite Widespool 5000lb winch, JDM ASTAR LED headlight replacement bulbs, EMP rear hardcoat window, Polaris hardcoat fold down front window, Seizmik soft doors, Outkast 3" 8 arm lift, Duraclutch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Guodnplenty View Post
    Any suggestions where to order one of these from other than local Polaris dealer? Can't seem to find it for less than MSRP.
    Pit Stop Parts has it for $360.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deltabowhunter View Post
    Pit Stop Parts has it for $360.
    Cool...thanks! Did you order one?
    2016 Ranger 900 XP, RVS Stage 1.5 tune, custom DIY snorkel, 30" Bighorn , Whomoto aluminum roof, Wild Boar front bumper, Viper Elite Widespool 5000lb winch, JDM ASTAR LED headlight replacement bulbs, EMP rear hardcoat window, Polaris hardcoat fold down front window, Seizmik soft doors, Outkast 3" 8 arm lift, Duraclutch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    The Polaris flip down is hardcoat. I live in Southwest Florida and really just need windshield for when you get caught out in the rain (about every summer time ride) and on those cold winter nights (50 deg) . So fold down be perfect for the way I would use it.
    This is the same reason I bought my flip down. Used on numerous occasions for those afternoon summer showers. I bought a DOT Weld flip, not hard coat and it's scratched to hell, but still gets the job done. Probably get a hard cost one when mine gets really bad. Where you ride at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Cool...thanks! Did you order one?
    Not yet. I want to see one in person first. I'm worried the black seal in the middle will interfere with my view. I'll hopefully order one in the next week or so.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    [QUOTE=FlaDawg;902634]This is the same reason I bought my flip down. Used on numerous occasions for those afternoon summer showers. I bought a DOT Weld flip, not hard coat and it's scratched to hell, but still gets the job done. Probably get a hard cost one when mine gets really bad. Where you ride at?

Mostly ride at River Ranch...I live in Naples and all the riding spots are golf courses or protected areas any more. I have a buggy too, but selling and just sticking with the Ranger...lot less maintenance...lol

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deltabowhunter View Post
    Not yet. I want to see one in person first. I'm worried the black seal in the middle will interfere with my view. I'll hopefully order one in the next week or so.
    Yeah I hear you there....I had fold down on my Rhino and it folded against hood like the Polaris one. A lot of the ones I see fold in half and I think it would be in line of vision. Figure if it's from Polaris the fit should be good and being there really isn't many other choices I might just risk it. I saw one from Moose that looks good but not sure if it's hard coat. Be nice to see some pics but can't find to many.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    [QUOTE=Guodnplenty;902666]
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaDawg View Post
    This is the same reason I bought my flip down. Used on numerous occasions for those afternoon summer showers. I bought a DOT Weld flip, not hard coat and it's scratched to hell, but still gets the job done. Probably get a hard cost one when mine gets really bad. Where you ride at?

Mostly ride at River Ranch...I live in Naples and all the riding spots are golf courses or protected areas any more. I have a buggy too, but selling and just sticking with the Ranger...lot less maintenance...lol
    Cool, I just bought a camp lot out there. Hoping to have something built sometime this year. I live closer to holopaw so I go there for day rides. Hope to spend at least a night or two at RR when I have a camp built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(James ( Tony)) Regular Member Tbounds's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    the seal is below line of sight no problem with vision.
    my only complaints are hard to get back in latch system on hood rubber holders are very hard , and the seal area will push out when not folded down trailering.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links