Any thoughts on the Polaris flip down poly windshield?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on the Polaris flip down poly windshield? within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I'm looking to outfit a 900xp with a front windshield, roof, and rear windshield. I like the idea of having the wind in my face ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any thoughts on the Polaris flip down poly windshield?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I'm looking to outfit a 900xp with a front windshield, roof, and rear windshield. I like the idea of having the wind in my face in the summer. Is anyone using the Polaris flip down/removable upper windshield? How do you like it? Any reason to get the nicer fixed glass shield?

(Clay) Veteran Member cwsartain's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've been running it for about a month now and I really like it!!

(Brandon) Regular Member Guodnplenty's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Do you trailer your machine with the windshield on?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

(Clay) Veteran Member cwsartain's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes.. But i always fold the windshield down when trailering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guodnplenty View Post
    Do you trailer your machine with the windshield on?

(James ( Tony)) Regular Member Tbounds's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have had the flip down definetly fold down to trailer . Wind pushes it out where they fold and gasket comes lose . I like the flexibility of it very hard to put in and take out of rubber mounts on hood . You can even remove top portion easy when it's summer and don't need it

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I don't see much info or pics of it. The one I do see almost looks as if when folded down it has 2 points faced back towards driver as it's not straight fold...kind of looks dangerous. Am I seeing that correct?
    2016 Ranger 900 XP, RVS Stage 1.5 tune, custom DIY snorkel, 27" Bighorn 2.0, Whomoto aluminum roof, Wild Boar front bumper, Viper Elite Widespool 5000lb winch, JDM ASTAR LED headlight replacement bulbs, EMP rear hardcoat window, Polaris hardcoat fold down front window, Seizmik soft doors, MMA lift, Duraclutch

(James ( Tony)) Regular Member Tbounds's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    no it fold forward on hood and attaches in rubber holder with rubber strap to hold down , nothing protruding back towards driver.
    Guodnplenty likes this.

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    615 times
    If you want wind in your face buy a half windshield...or save your $50. bucks and drive with no windshield its exactly the same. As far as full windshield it must be hardcoat or glass. Economy poly will scratch if a bird s*** on it.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

"In the end its not the years in your life that count...its the life in your years"...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessman View Post
    If you want wind in your face buy a half windshield...or save your $50. bucks and drive with no windshield its exactly the same. As far as full windshield it must be hardcoat or glass. Economy poly will scratch if a bird s*** on it.
    The Polaris flip down is hardcoat. I live in Southwest Florida and really just need windshield for when you get caught out in the rain (about every summer time ride) and on those cold winter nights (50 deg) . So fold down be perfect for the way I would use it.
    2016 Ranger 900 XP, RVS Stage 1.5 tune, custom DIY snorkel, 27" Bighorn 2.0, Whomoto aluminum roof, Wild Boar front bumper, Viper Elite Widespool 5000lb winch, JDM ASTAR LED headlight replacement bulbs, EMP rear hardcoat window, Polaris hardcoat fold down front window, Seizmik soft doors, MMA lift, Duraclutch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Do you have any pictures? Does it seal good when closed? Is it tight and secure when folded down? Does the rubber seal get in your line of sight or bother you when driving? I need a windshield for hunting season when it is 20-50 degrees out, but want something I can easily remove during the summer when it is 100+ degrees outside.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links