Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Canvas Doors

This is a discussion on Canvas Doors within the Ranger XP 900 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; The Canvas doors Polaris offers should have had their Mfg do a better job of fit and finish of the canvas over the frame they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canvas Doors

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times

Canvas Doors

The Canvas doors Polaris offers should have had their Mfg do a better job of fit and finish of the canvas over the frame they are attached to. The Velcro they used is such poor quality they won't hold and canvas loosens up giving poor sealing all the way around. After Polaris would not address the issue I took them to my local upholstery shop and the fellow told me the Velcro was cheap and such poor quality was the problem. He disassembled them and went back with a wider commercial heavier Velcro and i couldn't believe they were the same doors! They now seal well and are much more rigid being able to stretch the canvas over the frame and the Velcro being able to hold every thing in place. They did a great job and only charged me $65 for doing both doors. Now the doors fit like they should.
    Ken

1324 Roadrunner 12/29/05

Casa Grande, Arizona

www.3dflags.com

Member #
    Member #
    Mine are the same way with gaps in certain areas where the velcro won't stick, very frustrating. You would think Polaris would take care of these known problems, seems like instead they ignore them. Great price on the fix, i want to do the same with mine.
    2009 Ranger XP 700 Camo. 2013 XP 900 Browning Edition.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Rod, the only gaps I have now is right at the bottom front of the doors. Easily covered with some thing if it bothers you. Before I had gaps every where because the cheap quality Velcro that these doors came with was not holding. I am plenty happy with my doors now that the canvas has been properly secured. It is a shame Polaris produces a nice machine like the 900 and cab design to let shoddy quality like this take place. It makes no sense! Who ever is in charge of their quality control needs to be taken into the CEO's office for a fireside chat on the matter!
    Ken

1324 Roadrunner 12/29/05

Casa Grande, Arizona

www.3dflags.com

(pierre) Elite Member pierre jean's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    At the price they sold it , cheap velcro , come on!!!! need doors for winter HUMMMMMMM
    Pierre Jean

Member #
    Member #
    My velcro doesn't hold very well too.
    My door blew open at 40 mph. See my fix

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 pm Post subject:

The door latch didn't engage all the way on mine
    See my hondabob Posts: 70
    The 2nd picture shows where I shortened the latch for a full engagement.
    The 3rd picture shows a full engagement
    The 4th picture shows the partial engagement
    "Not Riding is not an option"

"Enjoy life now---it has an expiration date"

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Bob, my upholstery guy in Tolleson can help you with that Velcro issue. Call Simon's Auto Upholstery and talk to Simon. He did a great job on mine.
    623-936-5964 $65 was a cheap fix! You may mention to him I recommended him to you and he will remember the doors in question. He just fixed them last week. Not much of shop look at on the drive, but don't let that fool you. He has done other repairs for me on other like things and he is very good at what he does.
    Ken

1324 Roadrunner 12/29/05

Casa Grande, Arizona

www.3dflags.com

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Bob, btw was that Oct 29 2012 post of yours on 900 Ranger forum? I couldn't find it. I would like to see it.
    Ken

1324 Roadrunner 12/29/05

Casa Grande, Arizona

www.3dflags.com

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I must have got lucky with my doors. I don't have these problems with my canvas doors. My dealer installed the doors and noticed the velcro was not making contact in all locations so I took the velcro loose and adjusted them on the door frame and no problems coming loose...yet and its been almost a year now. I had a huge gap right at the door catch, but was able to adjust that down to pretty much nothing. I tow mine distances of 300 miles one-way at 65-70 mph and no problems. And yes I tow facing forward on the trailer. I did take note to hondabobs post when his door came open back when he first posted...so I make sure mine are closed all the way and locked when towed and no issues...yet. I am nervous every time I tow it. I don't have an answer for you, but maybe try re-adjusting them and stretching them on he door frame a little. Good luck, sorry to hear your having issues.
    2013 Polaris Ranger XP 900
    Orange Madness "Pumpkin"
    27 Black Mambas
    2002 Polaris Sportman 700 x2

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Curt I tried the stretching, but the cheap Velcro would not hold. Since my upholstery guy put the heavier Velcro in the Doors are much stiffer now with hardly any cracks except right at the bottom front on both sides, but that was easily cured. They fit very well now. My latches work perfectly and on my runs I have no problem with them flying open. When I haul it it is always is in a inside trailer. I prefer that type of hauling over just being on a open trailer for a number of reasons, glass and thief protection.
    Ken

1324 Roadrunner 12/29/05

Casa Grande, Arizona

www.3dflags.com

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Someday I will get the enclosed trailer for the Ranger...got to justify with the better half the purpose investing in another trailer. We have a toy hauler for family outings and the Ranger fits...main reason I haven't installed a much wanted lift kit. But where I go hunting the toy hauler can't go and when its a day trip the toy hauler is to big...so I use my car hauler. I did have issues this hunting season with the back canvas pulling the lower anchor points loose...but that will be fixed when the back glass is purchased and installed this winter.
    2013 Polaris Ranger XP 900
    Orange Madness "Pumpkin"
    27 Black Mambas
    2002 Polaris Sportman 700 x2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links