PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Bikeman says their tune is almost done!!!

34K views 158 replies 40 participants last post by  Mr. Impulse 
#1 ·
Bike man just announced they are almost tune with the custom tune on the ranger 900's!!! Well it's in their Facebook page anyways lol

#39 ·
I am interested in more power but i use Turf Mode almost exclusively on the jobsite and on the road. Has anyone investigated the wiring to bypass the computer and activate turf manually? I assume it is just a solenoid looking for 12v+ from a relay? I know the computer seems to cut it off in Park and maybe Neutral. I don't see that being much of an issue except parking on a steep incline with the key on.

#138 ·
Just noticed this post from a while ago... but the solenoid for the rear dif want's 12v for a 1 second or less. Any more and you will burn out the solenoid. Its should be possible to wire in a switch for this, but you would have to be careful not to bump it or hold it for too long. This was a theory we were looking into but decided it just wasn't the right way. We don't recommend trying it.

#40 ·
Maybe I missed the horse power gain on the chart/graph ? You gain three seconds 0-60 mph. But if my ranger is 60 HP , can your program give me 75 HP or more ? Everyone says our 900 motor is the same as the Razr , but the razr has 'alot' more horse power. I'd think eventually someone would find it. I've never driven my Ranger 60 mph, but more power is always good all speeds.

#42 ·
Will this tune work well with the Duraclutch? How long till you get the turf mode figured out?

#43 ·
Well I got the go fast program installed with no issues!!! I did call bikeman to double check about the install( thanks Neal ). I didn't mout the unit I just plugged it in and downloaded the program that way my rig still looks stock!��

wow my rig straight up hauls ass now. I will be doing some testing with the new setup on the trails around the house. The only down fall is not having the turf mode but I am sure it will be coming soon. The guys at bikeman are on top of it!!

#45 ·
We have a few kits that are now available now. We have the 900 motor on the dyno now and it is producing 88-89hp with this tune!! You need our specially designed clutch kit to reach the RPM's needed to make big power. Keep in mind things are still developing as we just put this on the dyno this week. Horsepower numbers may change, but I wanted to give everyone the quick update to show that this tuning is a HUGE difference.

Our stage 1 kit is the complete package that includes the programmer, exhaust, and stage 2 clutch kit. This Produces 93-94hp and most efficiently gets power to the ground.

The Power & Speed kit is for those looking to spend a little less. Excellent results with the stock exhaust, and our simple stage 1 clutch kit.

Both kits are a night and day difference!

Ranger 900 Power & Speed Kit - Ranger 900 - Polaris - UTV

Ranger 900 Stage 1 Bolt-On Performance Kit - Ranger 900 - Polaris - UTV

#46 ·
Following.

So if one was to get just the tuner and tunes without the clutch kit, what are the HP numbers with factory clutching?

If this will make the Rangers run like the 900 RZR, this is money well spent. I prefer to keep the factory exhaust, so I am leaning heavily towards the tuner, tune, and clutch kit.

What is the PRC discount code for you Bikeman?

#48 ·
What would be nice to see is HP numbers before and after at the new peak as well as the old peak HP range. That way those of us who would like some more power but do not want to clutch or pipe for it know what gains are available.

#49 ·
Can we get a side by side comparison screen shot of the HP numbers posted here? These numbers sell JMO

#50 ·
We tested with a stock 2015 Ranger 900 tune which produced the expected 68-70hp with the RZR exhaust mounted up. Then our ranger no limits tune produced 88-89hp with the RZR exhaust installed.

We are waiting on our Ranger 900 header to show up so my machine does not have to be down. It was supposed to be here a few weeks ago, but now we are impatient and going to take the header off my machine after this weekend.

We build exhaust systems, and we can tell the horsepower difference will not be much between the RZR and ranger exhaust. They both are a nice 2 into 1 header, similar muffler, and the same 2" outlet with a spark arrestor.

Until next week, I'll post up the RZR dyno graph. The red line will be extremely similar to those with stock exhaust, just the tune. The cams are also a huge wake up call. I expect 100-102hp with the ranger slip-on exhaust + cams. Slightly less than the RZR just because we are not making a performance head pipe.

#62 · (Edited)
$100 per horsepower is usually doing well. We are WAYYY beyond that. Plus the power and speed kit is only $950 and gets you 85hp. $38 per horsepower on a 13-14... dirt cheap!

Would love to see a drag race of a bone stock ranger vs a bikemans performance ranger
I tried to line this up a few times but no one ever wanted to race. Hopefully this summer I'll convince someone to do it.

X2 anyone ever notice how every year sleds atv pickups have 5% more hp. Buy now everything should be around 5000hp. Dyno numbers are nice to see where power is for setup but need real world results. Drag race or timed runs tell the true story.
We do have acceleration graphs posted just for this reason.

Ranger 900 Stage 1 Bolt-On Performance Kit - Ranger 900 - Polaris - UTV

Here is your Ranger 900 dyno graph. Joey loaded a stock tune and tested last week which was a 2015 stock file. Since we don't have the graph of the 2013-14, I did a quick photoshop to show simulated horsepower giving Polaris the benefit of the doubt running it over the 60hp mark. We are usually very similar in horsepower results with the factory.

Stage 2 bolt-on kits with cams will be online shortly for those wanting 100+hp. All of these items are in stock for the Budget, Stage 1 & Stage 2 kits.

#54 ·
I ordered my speed and power kit yesterday. Says it'll be here Thursday.

Reactions: joeyfamcrew1022
#55 ·
I'd buy a new ECU if it worked with the turf mode. I use it too much here at our RV park to not have it easily accessible on the dash like stock.

Chris

#69 ·
I have not tested with stock clutching as it seems a bit of a waste... leaving performance easily obtained on the table. However you should pull roughly 6800-7000rpm with the stock clutching depending on your tires, weight... ect. By reading the dyno chart you'd be pulling about 76-78hp.

Would clutch kit work with a Duraclutch primary?
I've had this question a few times. Does anyone know if they are using the same style weights as the factory clutch? You need to run about 64-65 grams of clutch weight. If they use the factory weights, that would allow you to run our adjustable weights in the duraclutch. Anyone who knows this would help some people out.

I will be ordering one of these. Kinda waiting for turf mode and a few reviews from people who have already purchased and clutched for it. Couple questions. I have two 13 rangers one xp, would like turf on this one, and one base model, don't care about turf on this one. Can I buy one programmer and purchase just a program for the another or do I have to buy two programmers? Also I have so many clutch weights and springs, will you tell me what weights and spring you are running? I set up a 11 900 rzr in 2011 with a straight 50 helix and it was three to four lengths faster than stock one, to speed limiter. What is stock angle on these 13s and Do you know what stock angle on 15 rzr 900 is? What 50 deg. helix do I need for my two machines and do you sell them? Will you pm me or tell me on phone after I order the programmer? I don't expect you to give away all your testing time for free, I wouldn't.
Hoping for turf mode in the future but right now it's just not in sight unless you reprogram back to our modified stock tune. You would have to purchase a programmer for each model as the bully dog links itself to your specific machine once you program the ECU. Each file we send you is also coded with your ECU serial number.

The stock secondary is not the same as the secondary on your RZR 900. We wish it was... but you actually have to upgrade to the TAS-03 Tied clutch(like came on the factory 900). This will allow you to use those helixes and springs. The primary is the same however. Bad thing is Team industries is out of stock (and now we are) on the secondary clutches for the 2013's until September. The 2014's and newer use a different secondary as Polaris changed the shaft size, those are in stock.

PM me and I can help you with clutching to use what you have. As much as we are here to make money, we don't mind helping people save if they already have something that will work. Of course it's always best to run with one company as everything usually works better together.

So us 2013-14 owners would gain a bunch just going to a stock 2015 program by the looks of this? The 2015 hardware is all the same correct?
You'd gain that 8hp which is a big gain through the mid range also. They are just allowing the throttle to open further. If anyone would like to just upgrade to a 2015 flash, we can put together a file for the 68hp '15 tune into the '13-'14 models. This would work with stock everything and turf mode would work. We are actually going to use this tune as our "turf mode" tune that comes standard with the tuner.

What kind of dyno is this? Is this power to the wheels or the crank?

This is crank horsepower using our Superflow 902. Factory Polaris uses many of the same dyno's when testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesnt polaris advertise there hp numbers at the crank?
Yes, just about all manufacturers use crank horsepower. It's more of a standard, especially with a CVT transmission. Much better display of actual consistent horsepower results.

#65 · (Edited)
I will be ordering one of these. Kinda waiting for turf mode and a few reviews from people who have already purchased and clutched for it. Couple questions. I have two 13 rangers one xp, would like turf on this one, and one base model, don't care about turf on this one. Can I buy one programmer and purchase just a program for the another or do I have to buy two programmers? Also I have so many clutch weights and springs, will you tell me what weights and spring you are running? I set up a 11 900 rzr in 2011 with a straight 50 helix and it was three to four lengths faster than stock one, to speed limiter. What is stock angle on these 13s and Do you know what stock angle on 15 rzr 900 is? What 50 deg. helix do I need for my two machines and do you sell them? Will you pm me or tell me on phone after I order the programmer? I don't expect you to give away all your testing time for free, I wouldn't.

#66 ·
So us 2013-14 owners would gain a bunch just going to a stock 2015 program by the looks of this? The 2015 hardware is all the same correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.