Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Annoying squeak on 2011 Ranger XP

This is a discussion on Annoying squeak on 2011 Ranger XP within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Anyone have a fix for a high pitched squeak associated with the tip bed on a 2011 Ranger ? Also am trying to fit a ...

Thread: Annoying squeak on 2011 Ranger XP

Member #
    Member #

Annoying squeak on 2011 Ranger XP

Anyone have a fix for a high pitched squeak associated with the tip bed on a 2011 Ranger ? Also am trying to fit a Promark winch - comes with a switch for ATV handle bar. Anyone smarter than me come up with a good place to mount the switch?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Not sure about your squeak, but I believe you can mount your switch on the gear shift lever, may need some slight modifing.
    PRC #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green

(DARRELL) Elite Member brokenparted's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Sme members have put rubber on the latches, bumperson the bottom of the bed and a lot of other things to take out the slack.... try going to search, rattles, squeaks bed latch.... sure you will find some cures. this frum is kinda like Dr feel good , they have a cure for what ailes you
    My life is an open book...Just aint many pages!!

(timothy) Regular Member t&cranger's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    i have a 2011 ranger and have some squeaks also. to me they seem to come from the bolt together roll cage. i checked every bolt on it and found nothing loose. might try some rubber between the brackets. mine don't bother me so when i get around to it i'll try it

(Barrett) Starting Member W.F.O.'s Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    the squeeks are definately from the latches that hols the box down. ts metal on metal.
    This is the #1 complaint I have with my 2011 Ranger, but the greatness of the rest of the machine has made up for it. I will try to correct the squeeking, but I havent figured it out yet.
    2011 Ranger 800LE Sunset Red , 29.5 Outlaws on sti rims, 3"lift, mod'd foot wells, snorkels - The Mud Monster

Member #
    Member #

Thanks Guys

Thanks everyone. Pleased to report both issues fixed. I suspected the latches and had sprayed them with WD40 which was a temporary fix. I simply wrapped some duct tape on the latch and squeak has been despatched. I will find something more elaborate later.

The winch is installed and worked first time!!! For those interested on a 2011 Polaris Ranger 800, the orange wire going to the key switch is the switched wire. I used a simple side by side wire splice from Walmart. The winch is a Promark 3500 lb trail. It installed relatively easily with the mount I bought. Reinstalling the front bumper was a bit of a struggle but it's all on and tight.

W.F.O I am with you, the Ranger is a great UTV. It's perfect for working around the property we live on and can be some good fun on the trail. I took my two boys out last weekend on some pretty rough and steep stuff. The Ranger just clambered over everything.

Thanks again all.

mtnandy

Member #
    Member #

Switch location

Also, I installed the rocker switch in the dash just to the left of the speedo/gauges (see below). Used a Dremel with an engraving tool to quickly cut out a rectangle. Switch slid in perfectly. I used some sealant/contact cement to fix it and used some duct tape on the back of the switch to ensure it's locked in.

http://www.prcforum.com/usr_pics/1310926862136048.jpg

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    mine squeaked bad when i got it, i tightened all the cage bolts and sprayed lube on every bushing i could find, belive it or not the loudest squeak was comin from the drivers side upper seat belt bolt
    2013 Ranger 500-Metal Metallic Limited
    28x9.5 Outlaws- Factory LE Wheels
    2in SuperAtv Lift- Outkast forward arched arms
    Snorkeled

2013 Sportsman 400-Blue Fire
    2in Front Lift

(Adam) Veteran Member acnicholson's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #

Re: Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnandy
    Thanks everyone. Pleased to report both issues fixed. I suspected the latches and had sprayed them with WD40 which was a temporary fix. I simply wrapped some duct tape on the latch and squeak has been despatched. I will find something more elaborate later.

The winch is installed and worked first time!!! For those interested on a 2011 Polaris Ranger 800, the orange wire going to the key switch is the switched wire. I used a simple side by side wire splice from Walmart. The winch is a Promark 3500 lb trail. It installed relatively easily with the mount I bought. Reinstalling the front bumper was a bit of a struggle but it's all on and tight.

W.F.O I am with you, the Ranger is a great UTV. It's perfect for working around the property we live on and can be some good fun on the trail. I took my two boys out last weekend on some pretty rough and steep stuff. The Ranger just clambered over everything.

Thanks again all.

mtnandy
    I cut some rubber tubing in half and wrapped it around the latches. Tape always wore through pretty fast for me but the tubing held for over a year.
    2011 xp 800,

(Curtis) Starting Member orangepaw3's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #

squeaks

I also found that the upper seat belt bolts squeaked like heck.Drove me nuts !!!!

Links