Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Namura Piston Kits... got the Ranger up and running again.

This is a discussion on Namura Piston Kits... got the Ranger up and running again. within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Well I finally had time to finish off the engine rebuild on my Ranger. After the disaster with clutch kit I bought via a sponsor ...

Thread: Namura Piston Kits... got the Ranger up and running again.

Member #
    Member #

Namura Piston Kits... got the Ranger up and running again.

Well I finally had time to finish off the engine rebuild on my Ranger. After the disaster with clutch kit I bought via a sponsor (primary weights too heavy= too many engine RPMs, ruined seals in the head and piston rings) anyhow, I rebuilt the head (all new valves, seals, recut seats) and new top end (fresh bore with a namura piston .40 over (92.50 mm))... well with the correct primary clutching (clutching by ME) and the team roller 2ndary from the sponsor, the Ranger is a MONSTER! I can spin all four tires and power is instant. I still need to build the new rear seating but we are excited to get it back on the trail ASAP. For those needing to rebuild the top end, I highly recommend the Namura piston kits, they are advertised to come with a complete top end gasket set (they don't, you only get a head, base, and exhaust gasket) but for the price and performance they are amazing! (a whole kit is less than an OEM piston alone, and even less money than a Pro-x piston and WAY less than a seizco kit) However, FYI, Namura does not show a kit to fit the series 10/11 and ’05 and newer Rangers with the Fuji 500, however because the engine is the same as the sportsman 500s and the ’99 ranger 500s the kit offered for those units is correct. The Namura head gasket is slightly thinner than the OEM multi-plate gasket and so it slightly raises compression. I have used Namura piston kits in several bikes now for a couple of years with great results, infact it is my default piston now (I was previously a PRO-X guy and when no namura is available I still use them). For those who have a 2x4 series 10/11 you may have the 425cc engine and will therefore need the piston kit for the magnum 425 engines. If you have a TM ranger… replace the Robin engine with a B&S and you can thank me later.
    off lurking...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    when you want it done right you gotta do it yourself!

Glad you got the beast up and running!
    -2006 700xp 2300hours /traded/
    -2007 700xp 1650hours /traded/
    -2012 ranger Diesel TURBO'D / 600 hours/traded/
    -2011 ranger XP / 900 hours
    -2011 ranger XP / 1600 hours
    -2012 ranger HD / 1500 hours

Running them till the wheels fall off, repairing them, and doing it again.

Member #
    Member #
    Yeah, ain't that the tuth! Well now that its done I have a ATC 250R that needs rebuilt and I want to build a loader for my tractor... not to mention I have several antique engines to restore, and my wife thinks I take on too much?
    off lurking...

(David) Regular Member trackerkelpie's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #

Re: Namura Piston Kits... got the Ranger up and running agai

Quote Originally Posted by biggurn
    ... well with the correct primary clutching (clutching by ME) and the team roller 2ndary from the sponsor, the Ranger is a MONSTER! I can spin all four tires and power is instant.
    Thanks for the insight into motor rebuilding. Can you explain the workings and benefit of the team roller secondary please?
    2012 Ranger HD
    26.5 Pitt Bull Rockers
    Trail Armor Skid
    Sport Roof
    Trail Armor Cv Guards
    SATV Roo Bar
    Warn XT 40
    Cargo Box
    Spal Fan in Engine Bay
    Rigid 6" Led Light Bar
    DDP Clutch

Ranger HD Review http://fairdinkumkelpie.wordpress.co...s-ranger-hdxp/