MMA 2.5 lift on the way - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

MMA 2.5 lift on the way

This is a discussion on MMA 2.5 lift on the way within the Ranger Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Originally Posted by NonTypicalCPA So just forward arms then add the MMA brackets to them? Which forward arms are recommended? That's correct. Everyone has their ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: MMA 2.5 lift on the way

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NonTypicalCPA View Post
    So just forward arms then add the MMA brackets to them? Which forward arms are recommended?
    That's correct. Everyone has their own opinion, but I researched and have been satisfied with my SuperATV forward arched arms. And I have an MMA lift on as well. The SuperATV arms are the cheapest I believe, and they have an adjustable upper ball joint so you can fine tune camber. HL arms are pretty much the same minus adjustable ball joint and just reuses your oem ball joint. So replacing the satv balljoint later when it wears out requires you to order a replacement through satv, where as other non adjustable balljoint arms utilize stock balljoints that can be ordered from various places.

My mma lift and satv arms with 30's.

2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP F/S
    2.5" Marshall Motoart lift - rides as soft as stock
    SuperATV forward arched arms
    30" EFX Motoclaws / STI HD5 beadlocks
    Multi-vent hardcoat windshield
    Canvas rear window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Tacoma, are you still running stock axles?

g.schucks
    2017 Ranger Crew 1000 XP
    SuperATV flip out hard coated front windshield
    SuperATV hard coated rear windshield
    Dragon Fire doors
    SSS Offroad skid plate with integrated rockers
    WhoMoto MK1 roof
    Viper 4500 lb winch
    72" Denali plow
    Marshall Motoart 2.5 lift

Waiting to be installed:
    Scorpionlok

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Yes. Never had a problem out of them. The MMA lift provides roughly 2" of lift, leaving the axles at a still very safe angle. My shocks are on inside holes and on softest setting too.

But i got plenty spares if I do blow one lol.

Canvas rear window

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Polaris Ranger Fullsize 570/900 High Clearance Forward Offset A-Arms : Polaris : Ranger Fullsize : 900 : A-Arms

Is this what I'm looking for? It says the forward arms also give it 1.5" lift. If I put my MMA front brackets on wouldn't that put my front higher than the rear?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Ok I now see the 1.5" is additional clearance, not lift, so I should be level once I add my MMA brackets, correct?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Tacoma, how was the install?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Yes, that is correct. Also if you go to order them, see if discount code rzrforums works in checkout. If it still works, it will get you 10% off, ($30).

I have been wrenching on stuff for quite sometime and have about a 6 year background in crawling, so install was very simple to me. Probably the most difficult part is swapping balljoints and aligning front end after install. Still wasn't that difficult, just took a little more patience.

You will want to check your existing balljoints once you get everything apart. If they are loose (wiggle), I would not waste time installing them in the new arms and buy 2 new ones, they aren't that expensive and are considered a suspension consumable. You will only need balljoints in the lower arms, as the upper ones utilize satv's adjustable balljoint. Meaning you will have two balljoints leffover from your oem upper arms. Hammer all 4 out, pick the tightest two to reinstall in new lower arms.

Balljoint install. Place the oem arm on something like the edge of a work table, use a small sledge hammer to hammer the ball joints out with a couple hard dead blows. You don't want to hammer on them many times because you will damage them. They should pop out after a couple swift blows.

Reinstalling them in new arms. You will need a large socket that is just as big as the perimeter of the balljoint. Never hammer the flat side of the balljoint directly. Make sure they are oriented correctly, place the socket on the balljoint, hold it all as level and straight as you can, and again, use swift blows to hammer it in until it seats fully.

As cheap as they are, you could just order two new balljoints when you order arms and not have to fool with taking them out of your old ones. Then you will have 4 spares to keep on hand for when yours wear out. They will work in both the front and back arms.
    Canvas rear window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Few pics and chat from my install.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t
    '16 Ranger 570 F/S, Lift, forward arms, 30's! Woohoo!
    Canvas rear window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the install details Tacoma, doesn't sound too difficult. I wonder if they would install the new lower balljoints before shipping? I'll have to ask them.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    It's honestly not that hard to do, a big socket from your local parts store will probably cost less than they would charge you to install them. Haha. But never hurts to ask I suppose. Just call SATV and see.

Steering stops are controversial on here, but I installed mine. They come with the arms. When you move the wheels forward but the steering rack doesn't move, it changes the ackerman angle. This lets you now steer further than you could prior...which can spell disaster for your front axles when oversteered under load. It definitely affects turning radius, but I would rather my turning radius be affected a little than be binding and breaking axles at random on the trail. The steering stops are plastic pieces installed on the steering rack to make it not be able to cycle as far to the left or right....I actually thought about thinning mine out a little bit, like maybe taking a 1/8" off or so, to get the steering back close to what it was, but not turn as far as it would without the stops...but it's really not bothered me enough to even fool with it anymore now.
    Canvas rear window

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links