PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Two radio antenna mount on 2014 Ranger

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  crash54 
#1 ·
Has anyone mounted a two way radio antenna on a Polaris Ranger Mid-size 800?
If anyone has, I would appreciate knowing where they placed the mount and the antenna.

The roll cage is my preference, but if someone has a better location, I will look at it and how they did it.

Thanks-

#2 ·
Best bet is to install it right in the center of a metal roof to get the maximum ground plane. Next option is to get a half wave antenna and use a roll bar mount - something like this;
Antenna Mount for Horizontal Tube [ANT-BM-HORIZONTAL] - $49.95 : Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Aviation, Drag Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more...

I use the first option on my Ranger, second on my RZR (top rear horizontal roll bar).

#4 · (Edited)
Got it done!
Radio mounted, antenna mounted, only one thing left.
i have to finish the PTT line for the remote control box for the headsets.
(I don't know how to post pictures or I would)

UPDATE: 10/09/2014-
The radio works great. i am using a Seinnheiser pilots headset and a Standard C5900 triband radio for the ham radio bands. The antenna is mounted on the roll cage right behind the drivers seat. I get About 30 to 40 miles on simplex, and around 80 miles depending on the elevation I am at and which side of the mountains I am on. The mounting plate is 3/16 steel, about 8 inches wide and welded between the front roll bar and the rear roll bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.