Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Silverbacks vs. Mudzilla's....the test begins!

This is a discussion on Silverbacks vs. Mudzilla's....the test begins! within the RZR Discussions forums, part of the Polaris RZR Forums category; Well, my brother-in-law and I have come up with a head to head between the backs and the mudzilla's. Our machines are close to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverbacks vs. Mudzilla's....the test begins!

Member #
    Member #

Silverbacks vs. Mudzilla's....the test begins!

Well, my brother-in-law and I have come up with a head to head between the backs and the mudzilla's. Our machines are close to the same and both of us will be running 30 inch tires. BTW, special thanks go out to Matt@Atvoutfitters.net for getting these to us when they are about impossible to get right now! Here is the match up:

Machine #1-Kimmer's RZR-3" xtreme lift, 2 inch spacers, clutch kit, hd springs, Kimmer custom snorkle, 30x9x14 silverbacks up front and 30x11x14 silverbacks in the rear on 14x8 ITP ss106's.

Machine #2-Cordachine's RZR-3" xtreme lift, 1.5 inch spacers, FMF pipe, hd springs, Kimmer custom snorkle, 30x11x14 Mudzilla's all around on 14x8 ITP ss108's.

We will be taking our machines to the Upper Pennisula of Michigan for a week of riding and fishing. We will put the tires head to head from hills, to mud.....yes, I know the backs are a mud only tire, but I think they will work better than people think on other things than mud. The mudzilla is also primarily a mud tire, but it pretty good on the trails and wear like iron. Here's pics of the presents left at my door today.

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew-29" Super Swamper TSL/SX's-15x7 Motosport Diesels-4500# Venom Winch

Member #
    Member #
    Im gonna want to be part of this little adventure.

I can provide Hills that only the insane would try... well.. maybe.. I might just be to timid cause I dont know what my Ranger will and wont do... You guys can edjamakate ( yeah sound it out.. it will make sence ) me.

I can also find some good Mud.. maybe not as much as you would like. but we have one hole here that has been Named... " The Griz Hole " Very few have made it through... I personally have tried to go Around it 5 times now... and have winched my way out every one of them. I have never tried to go straight through because I am always forced to ride by myself.

And there are other assorted places we can go.

I also am going to want some honest opinions from you guys.. Im fairly new to the world of Rangerdom and am a little over whelmed with the information I have read on here...

I just hope you guys understand.. Im not as experianced as you two while riding... and have far less time with my machine... And I have a Ranger not a Rzr.. So I doubt Ill be able to keep up.

That being said ... I have no fear of breaking it though.. so if you guys say... Just hit it.. you might make it....Im gonna go for it...
    Derek
    Upper Penisula of Michigan
    07 Ranger 700 XP
    2" Lift ** 27" SwampLite Tires ** ITP 14" SS Black Wheels ** 2" Wheel Spacers ** Clutch Kit ** K&N Filters and Outers Through Out ** Dayco Extra Wide Performance Belt ** Red Primary Clutch Spring ** Team Roller Secondary Clutch ** Super Tip Clutch Weights ** PRP Rear Seat ** PRP 3" Seat Belts ** Warn 4.0 Winch ** Ranger Mikes Leg Minders ** HID Upgrade **

** SOME FEAR **
    Because if you dont have just a little fear.... You havent pushed it as far as it can go.

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo74
    Im gonna want to be part of this little adventure.

I can provide Hills that only the insane would try... well.. maybe.. I might just be to timid cause I dont know what my Ranger will and wont do... You guys can edjamakate ( yeah sound it out.. it will make sence ) me.

I can also find some good Mud.. maybe not as much as you would like. but we have one hole here that has been Named... " The Griz Hole " Very few have made it through... I personally have tried to go Around it 5 times now... and have winched my way out every one of them. I have never tried to go straight through because I am always forced to ride by myself.

And there are other assorted places we can go.

I also am going to want some honest opinions from you guys.. Im fairly new to the world of Rangerdom and am a little over whelmed with the information I have read on here...

I just hope you guys understand.. Im not as experianced as you two while riding... and have far less time with my machine... And I have a Ranger not a Rzr.. So I doubt Ill be able to keep up.

That being said ... I have no fear of breaking it though.. so if you guys say... Just hit it.. you might make it....Im gonna go for it...
    Don't have to worry about us and hills. As many times as Cordachine has rolled his sportsman and gotten hurt, I think we stick to the mud mostly....lol. Here's what we have so far. Here is some pics of them mounted and ready for the trip. So far what we have noticed. The Silverbacks have a narrow main tire and the lugs hang way over the sides to make the tire width. The 11's measure 9" with an inch of lug past each side. The Mudzilla's measured 12" overall even though they claim 11". The Mudzilla's also don't have the lugs on the sidewalls like the Silverbacks. The Silverbacks also seem to be about 1/2" or more taller than the Mudzilla's. Both tires ride rough until 10mph, then both smooth out nicely for mudtires. My ride is the one without the roof and decals. Cordachine has the flames and roof.

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew-29" Super Swamper TSL/SX's-15x7 Motosport Diesels-4500# Venom Winch

(Dwight) Veteran Member Moosehumper's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Holy Shnikies!! That's a pair of mean looking rigs.
    I like em.
    2014 RZR XP1000
    2014 RNGR XP900 LE
    2013 Sportsman 850LE
    2015 RMK 800Pro TD
    2013 RMK 800Pro LE

​Little Buddy's Rentals Ltd.

Member #
    Member #
    Hey kimmer just wondering how tall the lugs are on the silverbacks.By the way nice looking ride.

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYR13
    Hey kimmer just wondering how tall the lugs are on the silverbacks.By the way nice looking ride.
    The lugs on the 30" backs are 1 3/4" tall and the 32" backs are 2.5" tall.

Member #
    Member #
    If I had my guess I would say the sbacks will do better in mud they are alot like outlaws but better. My old mudzillas wanted to dig all the time where as the laws stayed on top and paddled. Anyways you have 2 nice looking rigs there. Keep up the good work.
    2008 Polaris RZR 800 Green

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HiVoltageRZR
    If I had my guess I would say the sbacks will do better in mud they are alot like outlaws but better. My old mudzillas wanted to dig all the time where as the laws stayed on top and paddled. Anyways you have 2 nice looking rigs there. Keep up the good work.
    Well, we did test number one and you said it. His zilla's dug some trenches...lol. I'm very impressed with the silverbacks and the zilla's did well, just dig alot more where the backs feel like they grab more. Here's some pics and vids. Both of us did get stuck, but the zilla's got stuck more often. This is only the first part of our testing.

Member #
    Member #
    I can't see that Glacier II plow mount helping ya too much in the mud!!!!

2009 Yamaha FX Nytro XTX
    2008 RZR Friday the 13th Edition
    Sudbury, ON. CANADA
    PRC Member#3425

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by daranello
    I can't see that Glacier II plow mount helping ya too much in the mud!!!!
    LOL, I know, but so far it hasn't been to much of a problem. That's probably what hung me up on the log in the mud pit, but I hate to take that thing on and off each season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links