Propshaft yoke replacement part option? + u joints
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Propshaft yoke replacement part option? + u joints within the 2015 Model Polaris Rangers/RZRs forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; 2015 XP 900, 1400 miles - recently started hearing a rattle from below. After inspection, front U-joint is bad and the rear one is not ...

Thread: Propshaft yoke replacement part option? + u joints

Member #
    Member #

2015 XP 900, 1400 miles - recently started hearing a rattle from below. After inspection, front U-joint is bad and the rear one is not in great shape. When I move the propshaft at the rear, I also get a lot of movement on the yoke. After searching around, seems to be a common issue with the splines wearing out on the slip yoke.

That being said, anyone use something other than the factory slip yoke? I found part 3235402 as the factory replacement, but am concerned the same thing will happen again. Haven't had much luck even finding other options for the slip yoke. Only thing I found was https://flipmfg.com, but they don't make one for my model.

As for the U-joints, planning on trying out the NAPA 338s that many others have used. Seems to be a little hit and miss for a perfect fit, but gonna take a chance on it. Really don't want to spend $35-40 each for a U-joint!

Quick edit as I keep reading - found this that seems to indicate it is normal to have some play in the slip yoke. Dive line/slip yoke Anyone else seeing the same thing?
    Last edited by Hoopjd; 06-18-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    2015 Ranger XP 900 EPS Sandstone Metallic
    EMP Polyethylene Top

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1521 times
    yep, play.............i would replace it in about 9 more years..
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting WHAT A RUSH, WHAT A RIDE. WHOA !

2007 Polaris Ranger700 XP LE

Sponsored Links