Ranger EV - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Ranger EV

This is a discussion on Ranger EV within the Ranger EV Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I cant get my ev to charge! Just brought it home. I'm getting the charger internal error flash and no matter which outlet I try. ...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ranger EV

(Lewis) Starting Member ondavirg's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I cant get my ev to charge! Just brought it home. I'm getting the charger internal error flash and no matter which outlet I try. My circuits are 20 amp breakers, but my outlets are the new self grounding/tripping type. They are not tripping while trying to charge. Just wondering if anybody can help before I take it back to the dealer. By the way, it runs great.

Virgil

(Lewis) Starting Member ondavirg's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Okay...its charging now. Warranties are a nice thing.....

(Patrick) Regular Member rebbie's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I drove A full size Ranger XP the other day, and it was noisy as heck! I thought the engine would be smoother! So now I am back into looking at The Ranger EV. Any new owners out there since this last post? I would love to hear how you like your Polaris Ranger EV. I am hoping to test one out this week!

(DirtFarm) Starting Member dirtfarm's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Rebbie,

I have had my Polaris EV for about 1 month, 26 hours on the clock. I use it every day to get around, quick chores, on our 10 acres. I think it's great.

Pros: No noise, smell, warm-ups, smooth ride. Plenty of power for me. It's rated at 25MPH, I rarely top 5MPH.

Cons: 650 pounds of batteries add to vehicle weight, for total of 1750#. Also, these will be expensive when it's time to replace in a few years.

Vehicle costs more than gas UTV, but in California qualifies for 15% rebate for Ag use.

(Adam) Veteran Member acnicholson's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I got a chance to drive a new camo ev this weekend. Pretty cool machine. It seemed to accelerate the same in low/med/hi. I climbed a hill effortlessly in all the different ranges. Not as fast as my 700 but it wasn't bad. Definitely better than any golf cart or bad boy buggy. Seemed like a very solid machine.
    2011 xp 800,

(Mike) Starting Member MHBadger's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Bought EV LSV three weeks ago. Very happy so far, but a bit of unexpected noise from the front differential. What experience do other EV owners have with this issue?

Member #
    Member #
    Are you sure the noise is from the front differential? I had noise on my Ranger EV that I tracked down to a rattling brake pedal. I put a short length of split vinyl hose in the slot to pad side-to-side movement, fixed it right up. I have talked to another Ranger EV owner who reported same problem.

(Mike) Starting Member MHBadger's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    DirtFarm:
    Thanks for the info. Haven't got under to look yet. Wanted to get a few ideas and your's is the first. Thanks for your feedback.

Member #
    Member #
    MHBadger-

If it's the brake pedal, just holding it steady side-to-side with your foot will stop the rattle. Knocking it with foot, you'll hear it. Sound from hitting against the plastic "firewall" is surprisingly loud.

(Patrick) Regular Member rebbie's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MHBadger
    Bought EV LSV three weeks ago. Very happy so far, but a bit of unexpected noise from the front differential. What experience do other EV owners have with this issue?
    Yes My EV makes the same noise from the front differential. I think the noise is normal noise that the front differential makes. The thing I have noticed is that once you shift it into 4 wheel drive the front end noise goes away! Maybe someone else knows why it front differential makes that noise until you shift into 4 wheel drive?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links