Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Hop-up Parts

This is a discussion on Hop-up Parts within the Ranger Technical forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; What hop-ups can I get for the 500cc in a 99 6x6,I've looked and can't find much I'm wanting more HP... Thanks for your help, ...

Thread: Hop-up Parts

Member #
    Member #

Hop-up Parts

What hop-ups can I get for the 500cc in a 99 6x6,I've looked and can't find much I'm wanting more HP...

Thanks for your help,
    Mikey
    Mikey from Philadelphia TN, 1999 ranger 4x6,home made exhaust, 4-7in. fog lights,2-3x5 fog lights,custom blue paint,hound dog hood ornment,upgraded high beams to 55w, F & R whinches and kenda bear claws and many more mods to come

(PJ) Veteran Member springerpete's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I would try some air box mods like getting in more air. Then I would try a different exhaust. HPD makes a carb mod for the 500 Scrambler that might work on your Ranger carb. If you want to spend more money there are Web Cams or Sportsman cams.

"For what you did for the least of these, you did for me!"-JESUS CHRIST

Shut up and get back to work! Millions on welfare depend on you.
    Member 4002

The Osage, Oklahoma

(Brian) 1000+ Member Chiefmorton's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    MVranger hopped up their 500 and it runs REAL good. If they don't chime in on this thread then shoot'em an email. I know they'd be glad to help answer any of your questions.

Brian
    Brian M.
    Moorefield, Indiana PRC #1240

When in doubt, empty the magazine!

Member #
    Member #
    I did a exhuast mod which gave it alot more bottom end (theres a post about it in the 6x6 forum) but i'm needing some more speed it tops out at 32 and id like to raise that speed to the area of the 40-50 range
    Mikey from Philadelphia TN, 1999 ranger 4x6,home made exhaust, 4-7in. fog lights,2-3x5 fog lights,custom blue paint,hound dog hood ornment,upgraded high beams to 55w, F & R whinches and kenda bear claws and many more mods to come

(Paul) Elite Member paulthewall's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    exhaust will prob be your best bet
    2007 800 Ranger XP - Bored Throttle Body, Boondockers EFI, Gorilla Axles, 2" lift, BMP ECU, Ported Head, BMP cam, White Clutch Spring, Rangerware Cab Top, Mattracks, BMP Exhaust, K&N Air Filters, Hype Full Skid Plate, Warn 4.0, HID lights, NGK Irridium plugs, Hardcore Racing Components Leg Minders, ITP 30" Mudlights on SS rims, BMP Clutch with Dayco Wide Belt and Supertip Adjustable Weights

(PJ) Veteran Member springerpete's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Make sure that both of your clutches are getting full travel. You may have to change the springs in either end to get full shift out. Is it hitting the rev limiter? Is it running out of power before it shifts all the way out?

"For what you did for the least of these, you did for me!"-JESUS CHRIST

Shut up and get back to work! Millions on welfare depend on you.
    Member 4002

The Osage, Oklahoma

Member #
    Member #
    I pulled the clutch cover off today and it has a blue spring on the clutch on the motor I couldn't see what it had on the rear and it has the orginal belt on it with 442hrs. so is there any diffrent colored spring I can get that will help me out and were can I get this spring at,I'm also gonna get a new belt...

Sponsored Links