Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2009+ XP-HD, 2010+ Crew Heaters

This is a discussion on 2009+ XP-HD, 2010+ Crew Heaters within the Ranger Technical forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I have done quite a bit of surfing on the Internet for Heater options for the 2010 Crew. I have found what I believe to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009+ XP-HD, 2010+ Crew Heaters

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

2009+ XP-HD, 2010+ Crew Heaters

I have done quite a bit of surfing on the Internet for Heater options for the 2010 Crew. I have found what I believe to be the same integrated heater core/fan blower unit that Polaris is using. It appears to be a Mojave 640 heater. The pic is shown below:

Mojave 640 Heater Core/Fan Unit Mfg. by Flex-A-Lite

Pure Polaris Heater Core/Fan Unit

The Pure Polaris Costs is $549 and the Mojave Cost is $159 through JEGS http://www.jegs.com/p/Flex-a-lite/Fl...61572/10002/-1

In addition on the Mojave, there is an add-on Plenum Box adds a couple of directional adjustable vents, + a ducting line knockout for adding a defroster vent

Anyone looking to install the Pure Polaris Heater, may want to check this out, it is significantly cheaper. I would also think that if one was interested in getting the "Adapter Kit" from Polaris, which I am guessing contains the hosing & connections for the machine specific application, they could still buy that for the $99.00 through Polaris.

I think I am gonna try one of these when the piggy bank allows.
    Steve Lane
    PRC Member# 5117
    Sidexside World Member# 152

2010 Red Ranger Crew, Polaris Tip-out Windshield, Rear Panel, & Steel Roof and Boss Snow Plow from Ball Equipment.

(Bill) 1000+ Member Arizona Flying Dutchman's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Steve,
    That's a great find. When your piggy bank allows, and you get one, could you do pix of the install - I would love a heater but the Polaris price tag is way out of reach. I already spent too much on this toy - gotta wait for this kind of stuff and build the savings back up - just ordered mudguards from DJFab, then dual batts, then a winch, then a heater, then HID's. Shooot, might as well go get a job again - this retired stuff kills the toy budget.... Nobody told me that buying the Ranger is actually the cheap part - it's the other stuff that sucks the bucks out of your pocket
    Bill
    I AM proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I WON'T forget the men (and women) who died, who gave that right to me ... And I WILL gladly standup next to you and defend her still today ... 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land ... God bless the U.S.A. (Lee Greenwood)

2015 Ranger Crew 900 EPS, White Lightening, Street Legal, Polaris Lock & Ride Poly Top, Polaris Lock & Ride Half Windshield, Multi-Mount Viper Elite EX4000 SE/Wide Spool Winch, Dragonfire Doors, Seizmik Side View Mirrors, Garmin eTrex Vista HCX GPS, Ram Mount,

Member #
    Member #
    I really like the find as I am thinking of adding a heater to mine. I thought the polaris unit is suppose to be 28 k btu. the one from jegs is 12k btu.

is this right ?????

Don

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chromecat
    I really like the find as I am thinking of adding a heater to mine. I thought the polaris unit is suppose to be 28 k btu. the one from jegs is 12k btu.

is this right ?????

Don
    That I don't know....I know the one from Polaris has a two speed fan and the one from Flex-A-Lite has a 3 speed fan, so there are some differences. I guess maybe the similarities are only on the outside?

I have not seen a BTU Rating on the Polaris unit either. It does not list that on the Polaris Website and I cannot find any of the Technical Specs on the Polaris Heater.

However, I would think that that inside of Cab, at 12K BTU Heater should be sufficient, as there is really not that much area that your heating up.
    Steve Lane
    PRC Member# 5117

2010 Red Ranger Crew, Polaris Tip-out Windshield, Rear Panel, & Steel Roof and Boss Snow Plow from Ball Equipment.

(Larry) Starting Member Larry G.'s Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I thought they were the same also, ordered the plenum and it would not fit on the polaris heater in my 10 HD., they look the same, but the plenum would not fit over the polaris heater, the polaris is larger, so if any of you get the Mojave I have a plenum I will sell cheap, and if anyone finds a plenum for the polaris heaters please let me know, I would like to be able to direct some air flow on mine.

Larry G.
    2010 Ranger HD
    2007 Ranger 700 XP (Green)
    2007 Chrysler Pacifica
    2003 Dodge Dually 4dr. w/Cummins
    1998 Dodge 1500 4x4

Member #
    Member #
    I just went to the one of the site sponsors "ranger cabs" and looked at the heater listed there from pure polaris, and that is where it is listed as 28k btu. I also agree that 28k btu seems to be overkill, but I also hear alot about some of the cab systems have big holes and leaks.

http://rangercabs.com/ranger-heater-system

Don

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chromecat
    I just went to the one of the site sponsors "ranger cabs" and looked at the heater listed there from pure polaris, and that is where it is listed as 28k btu. I also agree that 28k btu seems to be overkill, but I also hear alot about some of the cab systems have big holes and leaks.

http://rangercabs.com/ranger-heater-system

Don
    That heater is listed as 28K BTU. However, that is not the heater that Polaris is marketing for the new body style Rangers. That heater fits the old body style Rangers, which had more room under the hood.

The heaters for the New body style Rangers are all "self-contained", meaning there is no ducting for any of the vents. It is the heater core/fan/integrated vent louvers, all in one package that fits under the dash of the ranger.

The Polaris catalog also shows different heaters available for the older Rangers.

I guess since Larry G. has one of the new heaters, we could ask if he sees a BTU rating on the heater. He did comment that the Mojave Plenum box would not fit on his heater, even though from pics they look the same.

I am guessing this is becuase Polaris probably contacted Flex-A-Lite and may have had them design a heater that is very similar to the Mojave, but could have some Polaris Specific features. But from the Pics, they certainly do look the same.
    Steve Lane
    PRC Member# 5117

(Jason) Starting Member jayander's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    i just added the rangerware heater in my 09 xp fits perfect under the hood and has 3 vents on to defrost the windsheild and two for under the dash

with the polaris one, the dealer suggest the fan to drefost the windsheild
    who wants a fan mounded to the dash sorta of an eyesore.

the rangerware heater has just a two speed switch but a 3 speed fan so they recomend using just high and low on the heater core

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jayander
    i just added the rangerware heater in my 09 xp fits perfect under the hood and has 3 vents on to defrost the windsheild and two for under the dash

with the polaris one, the dealer suggest the fan to drefost the windsheild
    who wants a fan mounded to the dash sorta of an eyesore.

the rangerware heater has just a two speed switch but a 3 speed fan so they recomend using just high and low on the heater core
    Did you relocate the battery? Are both battery trays still available for use for batteries? I know another member on here made his own for his 2010 and it all fit under the hood and looks like a very clean install. However he did relocate his battery to a custom bracket under the drivers seat.

Can you post pics of the Rangerware unit?

Thanks
    Steve
    Steve Lane
    PRC Member# 5117

(Jason) Starting Member jayander's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    yeah i can post pics soon maybe tomorrow.

The orginal battery stays but you do loose the second battery location.
    That is the one down fall of the rangerware heater. The installation instructions are very good with pics for the heater on the 09 xp

Been thinking of adding a second batter and putting it in the under seat storage area that gives you the option of a larger battery anyway.

Are you running double batteries now, and are they just in parallel or do you run an isolator.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links