Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

# of miles on a rzr

This is a discussion on # of miles on a rzr within the RZR Technical forums, part of the Polaris RZR Forums category; I am looking at an 09 and it has 4000 miles. What do you all think , would you shy away from it with that ...

Thread: # of miles on a rzr

(Kevin) Starting Member sweeper's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #

# of miles on a rzr

I am looking at an 09 and it has 4000 miles. What do you all think , would you shy away from it with that many miles? I need your help please!! I want one bad,been without a ride for a year saving my money and don't want to make a mistake.
    08 sportsman (sold)
    looking for used RZR

Member #
    Member #

miles

As far as miles go around 4000 is several miles I have an 09 ranger with 5000. It is still in good working order but now a few things are starting to happen. It really depends on if you want to work on your machine or just ride it then park it, one with that many miles is bound to need a thing or two every once in while. Wish I could help more but one of these RZR guys will pipe in soon that has had thiers longer then me mine only has about 150 miles on it.
    09 700xp Ranger 4500lb Polaris winch Polaris windsheild and roof 26" Maxxis Bighorns E-Brake Mod 2 inch lift Polaris extreme font bumper.
    2011 RZR 800 HO 26" Maxxis Bighorns Polaris front bumper.

Member #
    Member #
    Thanks for your input Joe! I don't mind tinkering, I just don't want big bills on top of buying the rzr.
    08 sportsman (sold)
    looking for used RZR

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That will depend a lot on how well it has been maintained in the past. I have 3400 on my 09 and it is running strong.
    2011 Polaris RZR :S"
    Member Arkansas Trail Blazers ATV Club

Supporting Member
    (Jerry) Moderator/Rally Committee commanderjjones's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    I think that Scott (rzrwrecker) has over 6000 miles on his.....but you don't wanna know the number of items he's had to replace.
    Jerry
    PRC staff / SSW staff

2012 RZR XP4 LE liquid silver / 2006 Ranger XP LE, midnight red, built 10/25/05

Member #
    Member #
    4k is high for a 09 offroad vehicle, price and condition would be the factor to make or brake the deal. IMO if it was not at least 1500- 2k less than one with under 1000 miles i would pass on it.
    southernrzrriders.com
    2011 RZR-S owner

Member #
    Member #
    Thanks everyone! I passed on it ,my gut wasn't in it with me. So I am still looking.
    08 sportsman (sold)
    looking for used RZR

Member #
    Member #
    Just out of curiosity what was the asking price of the 09 with 4000 miles on it and what accessories did it have?

I have a Gen 1 08 with just 500 miles and 142 hours and might be buying a new one this summer and selling this one with winch, plow, UHM skid, hard top, CD radio and 4 speakers and in super nice condition.

Just wondering what it might be worth.
    Comfortably Numb
    PRC # 5K

(Adam) Veteran Member Troutlander#1's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I've got 3700 miles on my Ranger and plan on tripling this before I even consider getting rid of it. My last ATV I owned had 16000 miles on it with track use during the winter and was still running strong when I sold it with no problems. If was used as intended 4000 miles is not a lot in my book.

(Chuck) Veteran Member thBigham's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #

I'll be closing in on 6k pretty soon...

Ours had to be rebuilt at about 1400 by Polaris because of the early air box issues. The warranty repair was not much better. I saw dust getting by. We bought the UMP and has been fine ever since. Doesn't use a drop of oil, almost 300 hrs I think. Change the synth oil frequently. Doesn't look too complex to rebuild when the time comes. Rest of the machine is pretty simple. I met a guy who rents these in Ocotillo Wells. He had one at 7k and one at 11k last year. My shocks are starting to go, replaced a couple seals. Other than that it is fine. Hope when the time comes parts are easy to find and cheap! Lot of fun with this toy..

Sponsored Links