Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris Soft Cab info

This is a discussion on Polaris Soft Cab info within the RZR Technical forums, part of the Polaris RZR Forums category; I remember a few folks saying they had the Polaris brand Soft Cab on its way. Anyone installed it yet?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris Soft Cab info

Member #
    Member #

Polaris Soft Cab info

I remember a few folks saying they had the Polaris brand Soft Cab on its way. Anyone installed it yet?

Member #
    Member #
    I installed the soft cab from Polaris along with the heater. Waiting on the glass windsheild and wiper at this time. Expected to be shipped the first week of November. Only been on a couple of small ride so far with it. The fit is good and the install directions are very easy to follow. The rear lower part of the door could be sealed a bit better. Still planing on going with the Lock & Ride cab once it becomes available.

(Amy+&+Tom) Regular Member BigOrange's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I have our soft cab coming this week. Will let you know as soon as it gets here.
    Amy & Tom - WV
    Orange 07 Ranger XP
    Member #699

Giving is Contagious!

Member #
    Member #
    That was me Max. I got my soft cab installed and really like it so far. I just cant find a rzr heater anywhere. I can get some pics when I get a chance if you like .

Member #
    Member #
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by chainsaw

That was me Max. I got my soft cab installed and really like it so far. I just cant find a rzr heater anywhere. I can get some pics when I get a chance if you like .
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Pictures would be great when you get a chance.

I know this isnt even close to the Polaris heater since it is an actual heater core that is plumbed through the cooling system....but, its a fraction of the cost and will not add a ton of weight.

http://www.boatandrvaccessories.com/HEATER-FANS.htm

Member #
    Member #
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by krabid

I installed the soft cab from Polaris along with the heater. Waiting on the glass windsheild and wiper at this time. Expected to be shipped the first week of November. Only been on a couple of small ride so far with it. The fit is good and the install directions are very easy to follow. The rear lower part of the door could be sealed a bit better. Still planing on going with the Lock & Ride cab once it becomes available.

What are you going to do with the canvas one when you get the hard one? I would be interested in buying it off of you.
    Randy from Akron, Ohio
    If you live in the area email me I am always looking for new people to ride with.

I'm not stuck...
    until I have to get the truck.

Member #
    Member #
    Max2 I already tried that 300w ceramic heater like the one on that website. It does'nt work to good because it draws to many amps and my battery light keeps coming on.
    A heater core operated one is the way to go.
    I'll try to post pics of the cab tomorrow.

Member #
    Member #
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by chainsaw

Max2 I already tried that 300w ceramic heater like the one on that website. It does'nt work to good because it draws to many amps and my battery light keeps coming on.
    A heater core operated one is the way to go.
    I'll try to post pics of the cab tomorrow.

Well dang.

That heater is like 5 or 600 bucks isnt it?
    I'm too tight, Im going to have hand warmers in all of my pockets I guess.

Member #
    Member #
    RHarrah,
    The dealer told me that when (and if) the Lock & ride comes in he would work with me on maybe trade of some sort. I was even thinking of maybe running the soft cab through this winter and get the L&R next year. When I get the L&R I will be looking to part with the soft cab, just not sure when that will happen. I was told that the L&R would be here the first week in August but that never happened. The dealer kept telling me that it was lost in shipping then a couple of weeks ago I contacted a dealer down south and he checked on 1 for me and he told me that it wasn't going into production till Dec 13th or 14th. The dealers in my area are LESS than truthfull. The only problem I might run into is the shipping. The dealer down south told me that because of the size the shipping is very expensive. He estimated it would cost $80 for shipping from Alabama to NY. The doors and roof are framed with tubing. If you are interested send me an e-mail or PM with an offer and I can let you know what I decide when I get the replacement.

Member #
    Member #
    Yup max around $600 for the polaris heater I guess. The heater is way over priced. The whole cab just cost me $485 and to add the heater in there $600 there crazy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links