2010 RZR-S -- Running thru starters!!
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 2010 RZR-S -- Running thru starters!! within the RZR Technical forums, part of the Polaris RZR Forums category; I am posting this for a friend. He bought a used 2010 RZR-S a few months ago. He has had 2 starters go out in ...

Thread: 2010 RZR-S -- Running thru starters!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I am posting this for a friend.

He bought a used 2010 RZR-S a few months ago. He has had 2 starters go out in this time. He contacted the previous owner and he too had replaced the starter twice.

He has checked all connections and everything looks okay. The previous owner did mention that he placed a new battery (optima red top) in the RZR before this started occuring, but I cannot think of anything a different battery would be doing to hurt the starter (it is a good charged Optima battery).

Can anyone provide some suggestions for him??

(Doug) Retired Moderator seasonedsole's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    I think I'd check the volts while cranking, maybe bad connection, wire, or even battery post.
    Doug, NE Pa.

Member #
    Member #
    I also would like to figure this out as I have to replace my starter every 8 to 12 months, having gone thru 3 now on my 09 800 le since Sept 2011. This was happening with stock battery and with an Advance battery. Most of the time I notice it will start to hesitate when trying to crank or even click the solenoid at times then soon thereafter it will completely quit and when removing it it will be locked up completely or one time the magnet inside of it was loose and was real ruff feeling when trying to spin the shaft on it. Everytime the shaft spline was in great shape and clean from the O-rings to the shaft so no trash issues either. I also wash with a water hose or low pressure elect pressure washer after each weekend riding too. I also have had to replace a regulator and solenoid at least once too. Any suggestions?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Does the starter motor burn after sometime of usage? Or its a mechanical failure?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Wilson, This may apply to you. In some modifications to trucks and cars where I have installed headers I had to fabricate a heat shield and install it between the header and starter. See if it is getting to hot>

Sponsored Links