Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

2010 Ranger Crew Problems

This is a discussion on 2010 Ranger Crew Problems within the Ranger Problems & Solutions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Ok gents, I am going to start a new thread and sticky this. Please post clear, concise posts here. No rambling, embellishing or other crazy ...

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Ranger Crew Problems

Supporting Member
    (Bruce) PRC Administrator ElecTech's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times

2010 Ranger Crew Problems

Ok gents, I am going to start a new thread and sticky this. Please post clear, concise posts here. No rambling, embellishing or other crazy lawyer talk. Simply post something like this,

"2010 Crew, VIN # **********, build date *******, bad vibration above 30, items replaced so far are ******"

Some kind of post in this fashion will narrow the focus and stand a much better chance of someone here, a vendor or Polaris coming up with a fix for the problem. I am sure Polaris is working on it but they are human too with other vendors supplying parts. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world and stuff happens. So, use this thread wisely so it will help everyone.

Be forewarned that I will delete rants though. No argueing about it, lets just get it fixed.
    Bruce
    Member #2
    '05 4X4 Ranger
    Rangerware accessories

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care on HIM for HE careth for you.

(Todd) Regular Member Tractorkid's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Date:08/14/2009
    Type: ATT/VTT
    VIN#: 4XAWH76A1A2879047

-Brand new you could hear a faint whine in the drivetrain, the faster you went the louder it got.
    -@ 6 miles on bike, never off the pavement, @ 25mph + you could hear and feel a definite vibration and almost a roar, as if the gears where lashed wrong.
    -Bike when in shop @ 10 miles, dealer contacted Polaris. Polaris told them to change the carrier bearing and rear part of the front shaft. When I went to pickup unit, I talked to mechanic. He said it hadn't fix the noise, also that the shafts were not true. Said with the shaft on the workbench, you could roll the and see them wobble. Mechanic said he ran the machine without the front driveshaft, all noise was gone and machine was nice and quiet.
    -Got machine home, and the noise was worse. Pulled the floorboard and drove down the road. The frontshaft not only sounded bad, but it looked like it was going to wobble out of there @ 30mph +.
    -Called Polaris three times and expressed my disgust. Polaris rep contacted me stated to ride it, they would send a new front shaft.
    -160 miles 26 hrs Bike went back in shop to change the front half of the front shaft. Still has the problem.
    -Called another local dealer about noise. They said that it was normal they all do it. Called the harmonic vibration of the frontshaft and does not cause any problems
    -With my history of 4x4, lifts, driveline angles, 2 pcs driveshaft. With this much vibration, it will prematurely wear the u-joints, seals @ engine and front diff, and carrier bearing.

Hope help is on the way!

Thanks

(Andrew) Starting Member Folsetth's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Date: 08/19/2009
    Type: ATT/VTT
    VIN: 4XAWH76A9A2879281

- Sounds almost like a roaring noise as if something is rubbing.
    - Does it intermittently, not all the time.
    - I have not taken it back to the dealer because I see the answer other folks are getting from their dealer and Polaris. I will take it in when hunting season is over, hopefully by that time Polaris will have a remedy.
    - For the record, this is the second one I know of with this issue to come from my dealer, the first one they put together was mine but when I went to load it on the trailer, it was making the noise, but a lot WORSE. Polaris said there is nothing wrong with it, so i told them to put me another one together and if it is not making a noise I will take it, I got it home and the noise started.
    -Please help us Polaris!

(bob) 1000+ Member idahopilgrim's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    What a great idea to help nail down a issue! Thanks

Member #
    Member #

crew

Vin #4XAWH76A8A287903 Build date 8-24-09 New off the trailer noticed a roaring , grinding noise, contacted dealer with 3 miles on machine. Took back to dealer , said it was normal. Took home again notice it at 20 mph, and a lot worse at 30 mph. Dealer contacted, said bring it in. Dealer had Polaris rep drive, said the noise was normal and all of them have it. Dealer said pick up , drive it if something happens should be under warranty. Do notice the roaring under acceleration and off acceleration, you can go downhill off the gas so the engine is not that loud and really hear it. Do know with floorboard up while driving the driveshaft looks like it is wobbling like crazy. Also know the driveshaft has a lot of play in the splines.[/list]

(Brian) 1000+ Member Chiefmorton's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Looks like I'm in the same boat, sure hope they figure out whats going on with this. I actually thought it was sloppy splines where the front half of the drive shaft connects to the rear half at the carrier bearing. I drilled, tapped and installed a set screw in the yoke, grabbed the shaft and no vibration so I thought I had it fixed for under 5.00 lol!! I took it down the road and it still does it, horrible noise and the shaft is shaking, as others have stated at the rate the shaft is vibrating something else is going to get torn up before it's over, like maybe front diff. I know for a fact theres new Crews out there without this problem, would sure love to know what it is. I ened up pulling the front half out and am running in 2wd. Headed to Royal Blue at the end of the month so I guess I'll have to install the dang thing.

Here's my info.

Build Date 08-14-2009
    VIN# 4XAWH76A9A2879037
    Brian M.
    Moorefield, Indiana PRC #1240

When in doubt, empty the magazine!

Member #
    Member #
    Looks like Todd, Andrew and I all had ours built within the same week and all of these listed here were built within a 10 day time frame. I'd be interested in knowing the build dates on the 2010 Crews that don't have this problem. I just sent Bogey326 a PM to see what his build date is. I know his machine has been awesome with noise or vibration, it's killing me to know whats different, doesn't make any sense unless they got a bad batch of driveshafts.
    Brian M.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It definitely would be nice to know if the owners of 2010 Crews could post their VIN # and Build date as well. They could just list NO-PROBLEMS, runs well, or something like that.

It definitely seems that everyone that is reporting problems so far has had there machine built within a pretty tight time frame.

From my experience in the Auto Industry, it is very possible that there was a supplier issue with some parts around that time frame. There is a chance that Polaris recieved a batch of defective parts.

Hopefully we can get this issue resolved.
    Steve Lane
    PRC Member# 5117
    Sidexside World Member# 152

2010 Red Ranger Crew, Polaris Tip-out Windshield, Rear Panel, & Steel Roof and Boss Snow Plow from Ball Equipment.

Member #
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by slane01
    It definitely would be nice to know if the owners of 2010 Crews could post their VIN # and Build date as well. They could just list NO-PROBLEMS, runs well, or something like that.

It definitely seems that everyone that is reporting problems so far has had there machine built within a pretty tight time frame.

From my experience in the Auto Industry, it is very possible that there was a supplier issue with some parts around that time frame. There is a chance that Polaris recieved a batch of defective parts.

Hopefully we can get this issue resolved.
    I agree Steve it might help narrowing down the issue.
    Brian M.

(Spencer) Veteran Member bogey326's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    VIN # 4XAWH76A6A2878539 Build Date - 08/06/2009

80 miles with no vibrations or strange noises. Hope this helps you guys out.
    2011 Ranger XP LE Orange Madness

-Backwoods Armor front and Rear arched forward a arms with 3" lift in Orange
    -31x10.5x15 Nitto Dune Grapplers
    -15" ITP 212ss Platinum wheels
    -Polaris extreme front bumper
    -Polaris sport roof
    -Polaris half windshield
    -EZTSK Turn Signals
    -Highlifter 1 1/2" wheel spacers

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Links