PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2015 900 Crew Broke (with video evidence)

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  NWFLSP 
#1 ·
Okay Guys. I've got an issue and would appreciate thoughts or if anyone else have had similar issues please respond.

I was out at Boggs and Boulders this weekend and found a mud hole that was deeper than I expected and with my motto of "when in doubt gas it", well you can see and hear what happened.

The popping happens in all drive modes. Axles and everything else in the front end seem to be functioning properly. I've not been able to get under it completely yet but from research I'm thinking it's the plastic sprague in the front differential.

Thoughts appreciated!!

2015 900 Crew
3" Outkast Fabworx full kit
31" Outback Max
Duraclutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
No video. Any more info?

#3 ·
Hmm. Wonder why the video didn't upload? I can see it on my app but it may be because I created it.

The popping is coming from the front end. Before each pop there may be a small binding. It's hard to tell. I plan to get under it this week and narrow the location of the noise down.

#4 ·
I was at Boggs and boulders myself this weekend and we found a few holes a lot deeper than they appeared. Hope it's nothing major. Good luck.

#5 · (Edited)
That sounds like the front end to me. Could be the sprague or the ring and pinion, both will make that same noise when breaking. I have broken both in mine and they both sound the same and the bad sounds continue even in 2WD.

#6 ·
That sounds like the front end to me. Could be the sprague or the ring and pinion, both will make that some noise when breaking. I have broken both in mine and they both sound the same and the bad sounds continue even in 2WD.
Did you replace the sprague with the aluminum replacement? If so, is it holding up? Thanks

#7 · (Edited)
The first time mine broke is was just the sprague. I replaced the complete housing with a billet one and a billet sprague. Next time, without even getting that crazy on it, the ring and pinion broke. with 30" plus tires I am convinced you simply cannot let the tires get in a major bind or have them spinning and then catch, something is going to break and the front end, no matter what you do to beef them up is still a big weak link. I have video of when my ring and pinion broke and I will try and edit it down and post it. Read this thread if you haven't, some of us on here are going to this sprague. I am going to get another new stock complete front end and install the Niche sprague in it and then replace everything in my billet housing for a back up. I am tired of the downtime with my front end and can swap a new one in if needed in less than an hour now. You get good at working on these delicate machines if you use them, lol.

#8 ·
I don't know of to many things that could make it thru that without breaking something ouch T&S tires too big for one

Reactions: Jungleman
#9 · (Edited)
Im hoping when I get this fixed I'll be able to run a little bigger tire. What you think?

I bought this so that I could have fun on the weekend and still be able to drive to work on Monday and that's what I'll continue to do. You alright with that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.