This is a discussion on Already broke it within the Ranger XP 1000 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; The 2016 900 models are pretty baked. The 2016 models were the 4th year of production for the 900. Sure the platform has issues, but ...
The 2016 900 models are pretty baked. The 2016 models were the 4th year of production for the 900. Sure the platform has issues, but I'd say the machines generally run "as designed". Most of the problems that remain are more like "features" than bugs.
2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread
I may be wrong, but I think you can only get codes when the check engine light is on (?). However, the dealer should be able to pull old codes with their Digital Wrench software.
Always give 100%... except when you donate blood.
'11 800 XP - Viper Elite 4000 - EZTSK Turn Signals - Overhead Gun Rack - Backup LED - Dual Lock 'n Ride Storage Bins - Odyssey Aux 925L Battery on 1314 - H.I.D.'s - 30" LED Front, 10" LED Rear - Diamond Plate Floor Boards - Rear View Mirror w/Compass, Temp & Map Lites - 26" Bighorns - Front & Back BA arched A-Arms - Half Folding Windshield - DiamondBack Roof - Foot Saver - Dash Kit - UHMW Skids - Prolockers
'13 RZR 900xp EPS - Medical Insurance
1. If the error codes are not displayed, use the MODE button to toggle until “Ck ENG” displays on the main line of the display.
2. Press and hold the MODE button to enter the diagnostics code menu.
3. Record the three numbers displayed in the gear position, clock and odometer displays.
4. Press the MODE button to advance to the next error code.
5. Press and hold the MODE button to exit the diagnostics code menu.
6. Your authorized POLARIS dealer can provide code details and diagnosis.