Already broke it
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Already broke it

This is a discussion on Already broke it within the Ranger XP 1000 Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Bought a 2017 crew on 12/3/16. It went in the shop with a check engine light and no response from the throttle on 12/29 after ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Already broke it

(Ryan) Regular Member nevadacross's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Already broke it

Bought a 2017 crew on 12/3/16. It went in the shop with a check engine light and no response from the throttle on 12/29 after stranding me 32 miles from the truck. Shop couldn't find anything wrong, because when I got there, it ran fine and there was no light. Took it home on 1/6 after being told it must have been weather/temp related. Drove less than 1 mile, got a light and a loss of power, but it kept moving. Took it home, called the 800 number and got an appointment with a different shop. Now I'm waiting for my appointment on the 16th.
    Ive had the new 1000 for 38 days and it's been broke for 13. It will be a minimum of another week before I get any answers.
    Has anyone had any luck with getting Polaris to replace a bad unit? I don't even have 10 hours on it. Do lemon laws apply? I just paid $16K for something I have zero confidence in.
    LockeLamora33 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1963 times
    I Feel your pain! When you got the check engine light, what code was displayed?

My friend says to me, “What rhymes with orange?” I said, “No it doesn’t.”

'11 800 XP - Viper Elite 4000 - EZTSK Turn Signals - Overhead Gun Rack - Backup LED - Dual Lock 'n Ride Storage Bins - Odyssey Aux 925L Battery on 1314 - H.I.D.'s - 30" LED Front, 10" LED Rear - Diamond Plate Floor Boards - Rear View Mirror w/Compass, Temp & Map Lites - 26" Bighorns - Front & Back BA arched A-Arms - Half Folding Windshield - DiamondBack Roof - Foot Saver - Dash Kit - UHMW Skids - Prolockers

'13 RZR 900xp EPS - Medical Insurance

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nevadacross View Post
    Bought a 2017 crew on 12/3/16. It went in the shop with a check engine light and no response from the throttle on 12/29 after stranding me 32 miles from the truck. Shop couldn't find anything wrong, because when I got there, it ran fine and there was no light. Took it home on 1/6 after being told it must have been weather/temp related. Drove less than 1 mile, got a light and a loss of power, but it kept moving. Took it home, called the 800 number and got an appointment with a different shop. Now I'm waiting for my appointment on the 16th.
    Ive had the new 1000 for 38 days and it's been broke for 13. It will be a minimum of another week before I get any answers.
    Has anyone had any luck with getting Polaris to replace a bad unit? I don't even have 10 hours on it. Do lemon laws apply? I just paid $16K for something I have zero confidence in.
    No response from the throttle will be the PPS (pedal position sensor) or ECM.
    When you press the pedal, the PPS sends the signal to the ECM, then the ECM sends the signal to the ETC ( Electronic Throttle control).

I would check the connections first.

How deep have you been in water?

At this stage they will keep working/throwing parts at it until the dealers have exhausted everything Polaris has told them to do.
    Then who knows.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    581 times
    Hey Ryan, sorry for your woes. Seems like some folks get lucky and have zero problems with their rigs, and some folks, well, not so much. Hope things turn out well. You have a great big flag on your 1000 by any chance?
    2013 Ranger XP900 LE EFI EPS, Viper Elite 5000# Winch, Dragon Fire 1/2 Doors, THE Duraclutch, Firestorm Heater, 12" Totron combo light bar front and flood cubes aft, DIY game loader

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I hate hearing this. 107 miles on my 2017 Northstar. Each time I see a post regarding the 1000 problems I feel a little un-easy leaving the drive way. Hope things work out for you!
    2017 RANGER XP 1000 EPS NORTHSTAR HVAC EDITION VELOCITY BLUE
    Polaris Pro HD 6000-LB. Winch
    Glacier II Plow System - 72" Steel Blade
    Rigid D2 Diffused Rear Lights
    Black Oak 20" LED Roof mounted Light Bar
    Rear EMT Bumper
    Carhart Seat Covers
    Polaris Sliding Rear Window

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fswan View Post
    I Feel your pain! When you got the check engine light, what code was displayed?
    No code, just a light. The engine would start and idle with no issues, but when the throttle was pressed, the check engine light came on and there was no response from the engine. It continued to idle.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic-21 View Post
    No response from the throttle will be the PPS (pedal position sensor) or ECM.
    When you press the pedal, the PPS sends the signal to the ECM, then the ECM sends the signal to the ETC ( Electronic Throttle control).

I would check the connections first.

How deep have you been in water?

At this stage they will keep working/throwing parts at it until the dealers have exhausted everything Polaris has told them to do.
    Then who knows.
    I wasn't in water, but I was in some deep snow. Things got wet. The second time, however, I was not.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natethedog View Post
    Hey Ryan, sorry for your woes. Seems like some folks get lucky and have zero problems with their rigs, and some folks, well, not so much. Hope things turn out well. You have a great big flag on your 1000 by any chance?
    No flag. I was stranded up near the Bruenue River north of Wildhorse. Not sure if you know that area, but it hit -14 degrees the previous night. Needless to say I was not saying good things about Polaris when I seriously thought I was spending the night out there.
    Battle_Born likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    581 times
    I have camped at the Gold Creek ranger station and hunted the canyon down to the Bruneau and surrounding area many times. Hope you get your problems fixed pronto, and are able to gain confidence in your rig. I ride alone most every day and know it wouldn't be much fun if I was worrying if I'd make it home every time i went out.
    Naylor649 and Battle_Born like this.
    2013 Ranger XP900 LE EFI EPS, Viper Elite 5000# Winch, Dragon Fire 1/2 Doors, THE Duraclutch, Firestorm Heater, 12" Totron combo light bar front and flood cubes aft, DIY game loader

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nevadacross View Post
    Hey Bud

I just bought a 2017 1000 XP White Lightning.

I had close to the same issue as far as check engine and "limp mode". Code was a 955601 or close to that. There were 2 one telling me there is an issue they other telling me a misfire in Cylinder #1. Belt was hourglassed and that is what caused the issue. Some sensitivity on one of the engine sensors also added to the code. Unfortunately if you do have the belt issue it is usually driver causeing because of belt slippage. I know when this happened to me, stopped on an incline and was also turning and grannied the throttle caused a belt slip and hourglass burn on the belt. This lead to me educating myself on how to properly break in the belt and "drive" the belt. I don't know if this is your issue but it was mine after only 7 miles or less of driving, even though my odometer says 16 miles which I can't figure how I have that much mileage. I am going to do a rollout calc of the odometer to check it. Give the Ranger some time. Products knowadays are thrown out to the consumer before they are truly tested and all bugs are fixed. Same thing happened to the 2016 900 I was told. Knowing this, reading on the proper breakin on the Ranger and the belt, has me a little less sceptical. Now if I can get by the noisy drivetrain that has me worried....
    Last edited by kcobello; 01-11-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links