Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

polaris midsize winch wiring

This is a discussion on polaris midsize winch wiring within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; I just purchased a 2014 800 midsize and was wondering how to wire up a winch. Are there any wires I can use or do ...

Thread: polaris midsize winch wiring

(Michael) Starting Member greene guy's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #

polaris midsize winch wiring

I just purchased a 2014 800 midsize and was wondering how to wire up a winch. Are there any wires I can use or do i need to run new wires from the battery all the way to the front? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Supporting Member
    (Carl) Supporting Member Seastacker's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Just got my Viper winch yesterday and it come w/ all the wiring you will need. I have not installed yet, but did read all the instructions and am somewhat familiar w/ wiring. You will run a heavy gauge wire (pos and neg) direct from the battery to the contactor which will mount somewhere under the hood. ANother set of heavy gauge wire runs from the contactor to the actual winch. The light gauge wires from the dash/ remote switch can use exisiting wiring under the hood--specifically at the terminal block. You will tap into the chassis ground as well as the "keyed hot" on this block. To answer your question in part....there are no existing heavy gauge wires up front under the hood to tap into.
    '13 Ranger 500 EFI (Red) w/ Polaris sport roof and half wind sheild, Mud Guard kit front and rear, Viper Max 4000# Winch w / Synthetic rope, Polaris rear bumper, Lock and ride chainsaw scabbard, Moose saddle storage box.
    -----
    Other stuff:
    01' Ford F-250 Diesel
    85' Honda ATC 250R
    Restored Case 444 Garden Tractor
    Pontoon party boat

(Michael) Starting Member greene guy's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    ok thanks a lot. my 4 wheeler was wired already for a winch, thats why i was asking. thanks again!!

Links