radio setup
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

radio setup

This is a discussion on radio setup within the General Member Discussions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Hello all, I have a 2016 Ranger XP900 and thinking about adding a radio to the dash area. I looked a bit on line and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: radio setup

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

radio setup

Hello all, I have a 2016 Ranger XP900 and thinking about adding a radio to the dash area. I looked a bit on line and came up with the OEM Polaris one but is there a cheaper way to go and do the speakers get mounted in the dash somewhere?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Hello Dave, I was just watching a video on Polaris's website on installing a in dash radio. Didn't look to complicated and video is about 15 minutes long.

Zonk

(Jake) Veteran Member itsalljake's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Just saw this on the forum yesterday. Going this route when I'm ready.

Polaris Ranger High End Dash Mounted Audio Kit - Factory Look | Recreational Watts
    2016 POLARIS RANGER 900-6 CREW TITANIUM MATTE METALLIC
    Polaris-Sport roof:Glass tilt-out windshield with wiper kit:Seat heaters:Horn:Homelink garage door opener. Dragon Fire-Half doors. 30" Tensor Regulators on 14"x8" Method Racing Mesh wheels. Odyssey 1200. Opt7 22" light bar and front cubes. Outkast 3" full kit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Damn that looks real nice, I'll be getting one of those.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dave19 View Post
    Hello all, I have a 2016 Ranger XP900 and thinking about adding a radio to the dash area. I looked a bit on line and came up with the OEM Polaris one but is there a cheaper way to go and do the speakers get mounted in the dash somewhere?
    There are many different ways to do this without sacrificing $600+. There is a thread on here that talks about stereo systems and in that thread are mild to wild installations.

I chose to "build my own" system and I couldn't be happier. A few tricks from the guys in that thread and it was a breeze. Quality sound and installation for a very reasonable cost.

I have 8- 6.5" kicker component speakers powered by a 1600w marine amp with a Bluetooth media center. Only issue is I wish I would have installed HALF that amount of speakers. No way can it be turned up past 20% while your in the cab. All in $400.

Thanks,
    B_B

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1032 times
    1) https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Blue.../dp/B00AH5ZTNQ ($160)
    2) https://www.ssvworks.com/product/pol...-speakers-pair ($210)
    3) https://www.amazon.com/Clarion-XC241...PO/ref=sr_1_11 ($110)
    4) PANEL-DASH CONTROLS RADIO BLK ($24)
    5) Random wire ($10)

For $110 less I offer you a not cheesy setup that will absolutely kill that setup in the 3rd post. A sealed enclosure will make HUGE improvements to sound volume and quality. And an amplifier will make a huge difference too.
    I'd not be without a subwoofer, but that would kill the $600 thing
    Last edited by teshreve; 01-06-2017 at 02:15 AM.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1032 times
    If you don't care about AM/FM (ME!) you can buy amplifiers with bluetooth in them and can entirely skip the head unit (Infinity PRV250 thang) and save even more bucks and make the install even simpler.
    fswan likes this.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    [QUOTE=Battle_Born;901106]There are many different ways to do this without sacrificing $600+. There is a thread on here that talks about stereo systems and in that thread are mild to wild installations.

I chose to "build my own" system and I couldn't be happier. A few tricks from the guys in that thread and it was a breeze. Quality sound and installation for a very reasonable cost.

I have 8- 6.5" kicker component speakers powered by a 1600w marine amp with a Bluetooth media center. Only issue is I wish I would have installed HALF that amount of speakers. No way can it be turned up past 20% while your in the cab. All in $400.

Thanks,
    B_B[/http://exileaudio.com/store/index.php/install-accessories/bluetooth/exmc1.html

That's what I used. It's small enough to fit anywhere, Bluetooth to phone or 3.5mm jack.

And for the record the SSV pods will not even come close to what I have installed. My headliner is fiberglassed and those aren't factory replacement speakers. They are competition 120w RMS series that I bought at cost. Helps when a very good friend owns an audio shop.

Anyway....if you have a cab or plan on it you won't need much. If your staying open you can fab your own pods (super easy) just plan for expansion.

Thanks,
    B_B

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I ordered the one from Recreational Watts and according to the tracking it will be here tomorrow. Thanks for recommending him.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1032 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Born View Post
    And for the record the SSV pods will not even come close to what I have installed. My headliner is fiberglassed and those aren't factory replacement speakers. They are competition 120w RMS series that I bought at cost. Helps when a very good friend owns an audio shop.
    8 drivers and 1200w is indeed hard to beat. But tuned enclosures are also hard to beat. My main point to the OP and others wanting to buy the Recreational Watts kit is that there is no enclosure at all. Its a bracket to hold the speaker. Not tuned, not sealed, and sounds absolutely terrible. I know because I went the same route originally. Sealed enclosures make such a huge difference that it is hard to overstate. My audio setup has been through 7 iterations on 2 Rangers. I have some pretty strong opinions about what works. And those cheeseball Polaris brackets don't. At all. Period. They suck. A lot.
    I bought my SSV pods without any drivers and loaded my own driver in there. Once using Infinity drviers (sounded amazing) and once with Rockford Fosgate drivers (sounds even more amazing). But the difference between those drivers in sound quality was a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 whereas adding an enclosure is an 11.
    Last edited by teshreve; 01-06-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links