It's in "Ecellent Condition!"
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on It's in "Ecellent Condition!" within the New Member Introductions forums, part of the The RANGER STATION ~ Rangers and RZRs category; Spent a week on another a show and tell forum trying to get real info. I will not name the site to protect the guilty. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: It's in "Ecellent Condition!"

Starting Member Digital Wrench Guy's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Spent a week on another a show and tell forum trying to get real info. I will not name the site to protect the guilty. Nevertheless, I bought a used 2010 800xp ranger online for $5500. I had been in dialogue with the previous owner through his website for 3 months prior to this unit coming up for sale. Again, I will keep his site anonymous to protect the GUILTY!
    This unit was listed as "Excellent Condition." So I bought it as soon as it became available. Seeing as the owner was away on a MO hog hunt, he had his business partner bring it to me as a third party delivery. Upon delivery we could not get the front diff to lock. There was no sound,icon,or lit button displayed. Mind you that I have a customer with a similar unit I frequently use. To say I mildly know my way around this unit is acceptable.
    Knowing that the third party had no room to negotiate, I paid the price. As I was shelling out my payment the third party stated that whatever is wrong with the 4wd, he will compensate you for. "He is a stand up guy!"
    Nevertheless, I starting doing my new vehicle PM on it as soon as the sun came up. This included new case oil, filter ,air filter, front diff, and trans case. I was startled to see all of the rotors were trashed on this excellent condition unit from a lack of meat on the pads.
    Ok we will just skip to the no whining part. What I need now is the startup protocol for the ECU. Better stated, I need to know the things the ECU checks before sending a signal to the starter solenoid. From previous reading I know there is a brake sensor, a parking brake sensor, and this is where it gets fuzzy. We are waiting on FedEx to deliver the $500 vehicle interface unit & cable to hook it up to the laptop. So for now I am using the old skool screwdriver to jump the starter solenoid. Any imput is appreciated.
    lx22f/c likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2063 times
    Welcome to PRC! Sounds like the typical scam--negotiate a deal then turn it over to a third party with 'no say on the price'. Probably, the 3rd party guy was actually the one you were negotiating with (or his scam partner). Got a feeling you may spending a ton of $ getting it running. Please don't keep anything "anonymous" need to spread the word on scum like this - he'll probably strike again.

Not sure of everything the ECU touches prior to startup; brake sensors like you said, fuel pump, and probably all the sensors (IAC, Tmap, TPS, CPS, etc) ???
    Last edited by fswan; 01-07-2017 at 06:33 PM.

My friend says to me, “What rhymes with orange?” I said, “No it doesn’t.”

'11 800 XP - Viper Elite 4000 - EZTSK Turn Signals - Overhead Gun Rack - Backup LED - Dual Lock 'n Ride Storage Bins - Odyssey Aux 925L Battery on 1314 - H.I.D.'s - 30" LED Front, 10" LED Rear - Diamond Plate Floor Boards - Rear View Mirror w/Compass, Temp & Map Lites - 26" Bighorns - Front & Back BA arched A-Arms - Half Folding Windshield - DiamondBack Roof - Foot Saver - Dash Kit - UHMW Skids - Prolockers

'13 RZR 900xp EPS - Medical Insurance

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1322 times
    Spill the beans. Who was it?
    2016 RANGER XP® 900 EPS
    TRAIL EDITION BLUE FIRE
    teshreve's 2016 Ranger 900 Build Thread

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1521 times
    To make a long story short, the brake starter pressure switch could easily be unhooked or the connection dirty and also the ignition switch itself on the 2010 800's have been a problem. (ebay.com) The front diff lock, could be anything, so check the wires coming out of the gearcase to start.
    Digital Wrench Guy likes this.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting WHAT A RUSH, WHAT A RIDE. WHOA !

2007 Polaris Ranger700 XP LE

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Forde is right that it touches a lot of stuff but not that many to prevent starter engagement, switch was the first thing in my mind, $10 service manual might have been a better choice then an interface.

A lot of people can keep em pretty, me I don't care about that....it's what's on the inside that counts.
    Digital Wrench Guy likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1521 times
    Who did you buy it from again ? We really need some protection from these vermin ! and info really spurs my ' fix it' genes...
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting WHAT A RUSH, WHAT A RIDE. WHOA !

2007 Polaris Ranger700 XP LE

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Get a rope!
    2013 Ranger XP900 LE EFI EPS, Viper Elite 5000# Winch, Dragon Fire 1/2 Doors, THE Duraclutch, Firestorm Heater, 12" Totron combo light bar front and flood cubes aft, DIY game loader

Supporting Member
    (Greg) Super Moderator Toxic-21's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1057 times
    I'm curious about your user name and who allowed you to purchase " the interface unit".
    Especially this being your 1 post.

Who do you work for?

Something is not adding up here.
    Last edited by Toxic-21; 01-08-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    Conquistador73 and pitbull like this.
    PRC Member #11880
    2013 Ranger 900 XP Bronze Mist LE
    2009 Ranger 700 XP Sage Green
    Toxic-21 Products.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The guy who I bought the unit from owns NightVisionRental.com. I had been in negotiations with him for some time to buy a NV setup. Toxic, don't get Excited....I own Digital Wrench and yes I can buy the interface unit. It's as simple as placing a phone call.
    skytrash likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    It would probably help if you guys knew my other machines as well. They are MSX-150's. I am pulling 190hp from 3/4 of a liter 749cc's. they are sensor filled machines. Seeing as no dealership in my REGION will work on them, I opted to buy digital Wrench. Does that help any?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links