PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Seizmik Versa Vent or Versa Fold

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Billablehours 
#1 · (Edited)
Seizmik Versa Vent or Versa Fold Windshield

I recently bought a like new 2015 570 EPS Midsize with 76 hours to take up to our mountain cabin near Maggie Valley NC. It has a Polaris ProFit roof and 1/2 windshield. Because it rains so much up in NC and gets fairly cold I want to get a full windshield but I also want to use it in the summer so I don’t want a fixed windshield with no vents.

i have read as much as I can on this forum and done searches. I have come down to the two hard coated options from Seizmik. I have read reviews of both the Versa Vent and Versa Fold but no real direct comparisons. I am a little concerned that the hinge in the middle of the windshield on the folding one might bother me. I want to get some air flow in the summer and wonder if the vents are enough on the vented version.

I will probably add a rear windshield also if that makes a difference. Most of the use will be in the neighborhood but also will do some trail riding. In western NC dust shouldn’t be an issue.

I would really appreciate input from folks that have either windshield pros and cons. Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
I think the rear windshield is very important to keep the draft from pulling rain into the cab from behind as well as dust.

As it turns out, I’m thinking about some doors and a full windshield as well on my 570. I made it a year 1/2 with my half windshield no doors, and the rear glass wind screen. I’m thinking Seizmik doors and the fold down windshield would give me the option of air flow if I want it and stop the rain if not.

I’m not as worried about the wiper because I’m not thinking I’ll be driving that much in the rain. A manual one would be ok, I think. Unless it is glass, I’d be worried about scratches with either of those since they aren’t glass although I hear hard coated poly is very good.

I liked plowing with the half windshield. I just bundled up and used ski goggles. I figure I could fold down the folding one if needed.

#5 ·
No experience with the vented but I have the versa fold on my 2018 570 crew and love it. I have a full shield for riding in the cold, half for the summer and it only takes 3 seconds to fold it down. Easy to install and seals up super tight with no leaks riding in the rain.

#6 ·
I have a versa fold for my 900. I do like it in the summer. Unlatch it and drop it and keep going. There is a utube video from sizemik of a guy using the versa fold. He unlatches it and kinda hits it to have it flip down. After the first year of having mine I had a crack on one end of the the hinge as its made of plastic. I emailed Sizemik and they mailed me a new hinge in two days , no cost. So customer service is excellent. The versa fold is hard coat finish also.

Reactions: Stroke250
#7 ·
I want ahead and ordered the Versa-Vent. I think it will probably be the best option for how we will use the Ranger. I also ordered the Polaris ProStar rear window. I may order a wiper but hopefully between those two we can run the Ranger around in the rain without getting too wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.