PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Secondary clutch

15K views 43 replies 7 participants last post by  Rangerwhit 
#1 ·
You can check the clutch operation while in neutral correct? Primary closes and belt rides up fine, secondary won't open at all when at any rpm. A load shouldn't be needed? I can push primary in some by hand, but nothing gives when I try to spread secondary. Time to pull it I suppose? Am thinking that swim and shameful walk is still biting me. Thanks all!

#37 ·
Finally got parts in today. Success with the broken screw. Used a pointed punch to get the drill centered. Probably ground more than drilled with the cheap china made bit. Took 10 mins. total to get around 3/16 deep. Ez out grabbed well. Pics included so I don't need to type much more. The screw soaked in pb blaster for two weeks while waiting on parts. Kicking myself for saving $30 and not riding for that long. Anyway here are pics. Right at 400 hours on this setup. Probably needed rebuild at 350 or so. Put old button in second pic. Thanks again for the replies!

Attachments

#38 ·
Good deal! Did you happen to check the primary weights for slopp?

#40 ·
Nope. But you do have to remove the cover and spring to take the pressure off the weights and rollers. Just six bolts. Not much pressure on the spring at all.

#43 ·
Went for an hour ride tonight. Running at much lower rpm's. Engages smoother. Now I need to check the primary. Would have, but didn't want to add any more variables. Hell, I got a new vise (bday), snap ring pliers, easy outs, screw extractors and stealer $0.00. Thanks for the coaching!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.