Light bar wire routing?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Light bar wire routing?

This is a discussion on Light bar wire routing? within the Ranger Crew Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I have a new 50"light bar im trying to mount on 2018 1000 crew. All the videos I have seen show wiring up with the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Light bar wire routing?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Light bar wire routing?

I have a new 50"light bar im trying to mount on 2018 1000 crew. All the videos I have seen show wiring up with the battery being under the hood. However my battery is under rear passenger seat. Can someone post some instructions on a good way to route the wires? Thanks

2015 900xp le
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Looking to see what this thread comes up with. Will be adding the same to 15 900xp next week
    Mossman381 on youtube does a 900xp with the battery under seat. Just search youtube for "install of light bar on polaris ranger"
    Looks pretty straight forward with switch install and routing of most wires through center floor to battery then up to the roof

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah I just can't seem to find any installs with a crew cab. Also this pro fit cage has no openings to run wires through. Not sure how to tackle this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Not sure about about the 2018 model, but my 2013 has a power bar under the hood for accessories. That is what I hooked mine up to....the power car is fused but I added an in line fuse close to the power bar.....some of the bar is full time hot and other connections were only hot with the key on.

I have stereo box under roof so wires all ran thru that from the light itself....however I added lights on my buds Mule and about rondo another....I hate the crinkle wire tubing that's cheap and cracks....I picked up some rubber hose and slit it lengthwise with razor blade and zip tied it to roll bar.....made for a clean install and sturdy wire protection....also use shrink wrap at connections.

Hope that helps and hope you have power bar....if not...I would consider adding one....you will have more accessories in the future I'm sure.
    Rangerwhit likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the reply! I will check for that power box. What would it look like?

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Mine looks like a plastic strip that resembles a small piece of C channel steel if that makes sense....you will notice it as it will have several wires hooked to it. The screws for wire connections are visible....mine is about 5 inches long and 1 inch wide. Has around 5 or 6 screw connections.

It came on mine from factory/dealer and is on drivers side and easily accessible.

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    https://www.everythingpolarisranger....SABEgIl3fD_BwE

If link works this is pic of new style one with plug in connections....mine is old school with screw connectors.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I was reading another post where a guy said they don't come with power to them? You have to buy a wire and put power to it?

XP1K Northstar crew
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Correct. Our 2018 Northstar crew came with a bus bar but no power to it. It DID have ACC power feed to it but no battery wires.

I used a pair of jumper cable, cut the ends off, added a circuit breaker back by the battery and ran new power wires for both power and ground up to our bus bar. The wires go through the center console, above the driveshaft there is a good place to run wires. Our Northstar also has the AC lines run through here, so it is easy to tie the new power wires up and out of the way. The wires go under the dash and up into the under hood area where they attach to the bus bar.
    All the wiring for the led bar is done between the bus bar, the new rocker switch in the dash and the light bar. The light bar wires I chose to run OUTSIDE the windshield, between the cab and the glass there is a perfect channel to tuck the wires into. The 50" curved LED bar fits the Ranger cab/glass PERFECTLY. I used a $70 Ebay light bar and $50 EMP mounting brackets along with a $20 wiring harness and "SASQUATCH LIGHT" carling style switch.
    We are very happy with the results, the stock headlights SUCK on the 2018 Northstar (basically a 2017 Ranger crew)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you need any pics or more details.
    With power now at teh bus bar I have also used it to power our winch, and now power front windows. Using a pair of jumper cables and cutting the ends off saves about $30-50 worth of 2 gauge stranded copper power wire, jumper cables were like $9
    summermn likes this.
    2018 XP1K Crew Northstar, 2014 XP1K, 2015 XP1K4, 2014 Ace 325, 2004 Sportsman 450ho, 2005 RMK IQ 900 mod sled, Polaris THE WAY OUT

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mine has a wire already hooked up to it on the right side. Would that be power? Sorry guys I suck at electrical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links