Old tracks on a Ranger?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

Old tracks on a Ranger?

This is a discussion on Old tracks on a Ranger? within the Winter Riding/Tracks/Plows forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; We purchased a set of tracks, back at the end of 2009, along with with our Ranger HD 700 EFI, as a package deal, from ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aczr2k

Thread: Old tracks on a Ranger?

(Hand) Starting Member HandLogger's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Old tracks on a Ranger?

We purchased a set of tracks, back at the end of 2009, along with with our Ranger HD 700 EFI, as a package deal, from an authorized Polaris dealer. We're now seriously considering replacing our 700 EFI machine with a new Ranger (and a larger engine) for mounting an engine-driven snow blower ... but that's a different story for another thread. The question at bar is whether or not a set of old Ranger tracks, which still function very well, can be installed properly on the newer style Rangers? I recall a Polaris dealer telling me (sometime last year) that there are adapter kits available for this purpose, but I'm not finding anything via my searches. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks for your time ~ Hand

2018 xp 1000
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi
    Not sure I know the machine that your going to
    If you are going from the 700 ATV to a ranger UTV than your Tracks are not compatible. I went from a 700 to a ranger a few years ago and had to replace them as the new machine is too heavy for them. You’ll also need new hardware as well as it’s also not compatible. I have an 18 1000, traded in my 13 900 and needed new hardware and also changed the hubs from front to back

I also have a Bercomack blower on the front which works very well

Enjoy !

Member #

Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by HandLogger View Post
    We purchased a set of tracks, back at the end of 2009, along with with our Ranger HD 700 EFI, as a package deal, from an authorized Polaris dealer. We're now seriously considering replacing our 700 EFI machine with a new Ranger (and a larger engine) for mounting an engine-driven snow blower ... but that's a different story for another thread. The question at bar is whether or not a set of old Ranger tracks, which still function very well, can be installed properly on the newer style Rangers? I recall a Polaris dealer telling me (sometime last year) that there are adapter kits available for this purpose, but I'm not finding anything via my searches. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks for your time ~ Hand
    I have a 2009 Polaris Ranger 700. Just got Prospector tracks for it (used). Im told they are the the older version, not rated for 4 season. Im thinking you you may be OK but i would check, you for surely need new mounting hardware. I have a question for myself being new to the track world. Does anyone know where i can get a Prospector Pro track manual? I have them all set up and the mounting kit manual. I just want to go thru the track manual for fine tuning. If you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

XP1K Northstar crew
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Prosppector pro tracks were made by Camoplast for Polaris, Camoplast is now Camso as they joined forces with another huge track making company.
    You should be able to find 2009 owners manual on the Camso website and the tracks will be VERY similar to your POlaris units.
    Back in 2009 they only made ATV tracks, they did not make UTV tracks. The UTV tracks are MUCH larger to help "float" the much larger machines.

the answer is YES you can bolt thoes old tracks to the newer machine.
    Yes you can get anti rotation brackets for the newer machine from Camso around $500
    Now they will bolt on and you can get the brackets, but is it worth it?
    You might be better off selling your old track setup private market and put the $$$$ towards a newer set of the UTV tracks
    The brand new 2019 Prospector pro tracks made by Camso for Polaris are REALLY sweet....many many upgrades and much lighter then previous models

Putting the smaller ATV tracks on the larger later model Ranger may not be worth it, it all depends on what you plan to use them for and which new machine you choose.
    I have an old set of ATV tracks (2008 Camoplast 4s atv) that have been mounted on 3 different machines now.
    Let us know what you decide!

All Polaris ATV and UTV have the same wheel bolt pattern, 4 on 156mm. The size of the wheel studs changes with the UTV, larger studs.
    2018 XP1K Crew Northstar, 2014 XP1K, 2015 XP1K4, 2014 Ace 325, 2004 Sportsman 450ho, 2005 RMK IQ 900 mod sled, Polaris THE WAY OUT
    Northstar build thread

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Im guessing that in 2009 he has the Polaris tracks made by soucy? Post a picture of them so we can help you.
    410Customs likes this.
    '18 Ranger 1000 XP
    '14 RZR 1000 XP

Sponsored Links