Air filter and dust, aftermarket box or better filter and pre filter
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Air filter and dust, aftermarket box or better filter and pre filter within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; I have read several of the air filter discussions on 900xp rangers. I have always been around a little dust but not enough to worry ...

Thread: Air filter and dust, aftermarket box or better filter and pre filter

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I have read several of the air filter discussions on 900xp rangers. I have always been around a little dust but not enough to worry about. Now using it for work and riding in dusty fields 8-10 hours a day is making the stock setup no fun. Blowing out filters everyday isn't the end of the world but I know that only works so long before you need a new filter. Some like the UNI with original setup others like a new box and filter. What are your experiences? I guess the cvt is probably sucking in dust but I don't think it's causing a huge problem yet. Thanks all. 2014 model btw

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I have abandoned and covered the stock air intakes for both the clutch and motor as that area is always in the dust. Intakes are now inside the cab which along with a half front windshield and a full back greatly reduces the amount of dust in cab. I tried the UNI filter but their form rubber sealing edge is not thick enough to seal do to the warps in stock airbox mating surfaces if you use one grease (high temp) both sides of airbox sealing edges.
    2014 XP 900. winch front and rear, 28" mega mayhem, half doors home made, side rails cover system for dump bed, plastic roof, seizmik folding front windshield full rear window, 2' lift, full skid plate and rock sliders, front rack

Sponsored Links