Will the Super ATV forward a arms work with a mma 2.5 lift?
Close
Login to Your Account
PRC Polaris Ranger Club - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Will the Super ATV forward a arms work with a mma 2.5 lift? within the Ranger XP 900 & 570 FS Discussions forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forums category; Machine is a 2015 ranger 900xp, I am wanting to install a set of super atv forward arched a arms, but would like to know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Will the Super ATV forward a arms work with a mma 2.5 lift?

Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Machine is a 2015 ranger 900xp, I am wanting to install a set of super atv forward arched a arms, but would like to know if my Marshall Motoart 2.5 lift will work ok with the a arms? And with both installed will my stock axles work? Figured with all of you folks out there someone has already tried this.
    Thanks
    Phil
    Outfield likes this.
    2015 900xp green
    MMA lift
    RZR XP1000 wheels
    29" Bighorn radials
    SATV power steering

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I have a 2” dragonfire bracket lift on mine with the superatv arched forward a arms. No issues of binding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Outfield likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sundog1258 View Post
    Machine is a 2015 ranger 900xp, I am wanting to install a set of super atv forward arched a arms, but would like to know if my Marshall Motoart 2.5 lift will work ok with the a arms? And with both installed will my stock axles work? Figured with all of you folks out there someone has already tried this.
    Thanks
    Phil
    I have the 2" Dragonfire lift on a 17 XP900 with stock arms. Had to install steering stops (comes with the kit) to prevent the axle from binding at full turn. With forward arms it would make the binding axle even worse IMO. Don't hear anybody talk about it with an MMA lift, however, jack the front end up and do a full turn and you will see what I mean. It does suck losing the turning radius.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PRCForum.com
    Advertisements

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1175 times
    I have the SATV forward A arms and MMA lift with no issues. The A arms come with steering stop clip things which I did not install and ripped both front axle boots from turning to sharply. But no issues with the axles themselves.
    I have a good photo of the MMA lift with an extra 1/4" hole and bolt drilled in it to hold it down secure. BUT when I go to the advanced tab. Half my photos just show a gray ? mark. No photo so I can see what I want to post. Maybe one of the moderators can advise me on this ??
    Anyway I always see a sponcer ad when I log in here , its at the top. It shows a MMA type of lift but looks much much stronger. Even though I've never had an issue with the MMA lift (that's why I drilled and bolted it to the A arm mount ) the lift just doesn't seem to thick and strong but like I said I've never seen a complaint about theirs.
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

2017 Ranger Crew XP
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    This thread seemed to be the closest thing to what I'm currently dealing with. Got the SATV forward a arms bolted on but the mma lifts holes aren't lining up. I have the brackets sitting flush on the upper a arm but there is still half of the hole that won't line up. At this point I'm considering just drilling the a arm tab in order to get the bolt through.

Any suggestions would be appreciated or if you think drilling won't be an issue? Thanks in advance.
    2017 Ranger Crew XP 1000 EPS Sunset Red
    Seizmik Side Pursuit Mirror
    Probox Audio Top w/led speaker inserts
    Probox Rock Lights Kit
    ATV Tek Elite Series Rearview Mirror
    Blue Sea Systems Fuse Block 5032
    2.5" MMA Lift
    14"ITP Cyclone Wheels
    30X10 Pitbull Growlers

XP1K Northstar crew
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Interesting.
    Can you show us a pic of what you are dealing with?
    I have SuperATV boxed forward uniball A arms with a Ebay 2" lift kit installed. The 2" lift brackets go up on top of the struts not no the A arm but on the machine frame.
    I had an issue with the top of the strut spring contacting the lift bracket (shock relocation bracket) and it caused the strut to spit out its upper coil spring retainer.
    A little work with the grinder and all is well, of course that is after the suspension collapsed and the tire stuffed into the plastic and scared the crap out of my wife. We jacked it up, put a block of wood in to act like a shock and drove it onto the trailer, to the shop. Luckily the metal spring retainer was sitting in the frame, was able to compress the spring, re install, grind the lift bracket and all is well.
    Most "lifts" I have seen mount up top, you are saying the MMA lift mounts on the A Arm?
    2018 XP1K Crew Northstar, 2014 XP1K, 2015 XP1K4, 2014 Ace 325, 2004 Sportsman 450ho, 2005 RMK IQ 900 mod sled, Polaris THE WAY OUT

2017 Ranger Crew XP
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    @410customs I can already picture my wife looking over at me with a look of dismay of my install were to fail! Yee of little faith in my mechanical skills! Lol.. She's of the mindset, pay someone to do it.

Good thing your rig didn't get damaged any further. Here ate the pics of what I'm dealing with Attachment 126687Attachment 126689
    Probox Rock Lights Kit
    2.5" MMA Lift
    14"ITP Cyclone Wheels
    30X10 Pitbull Growlers

2017 Ranger Crew XP
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Here's another from the back side.Attachment 126691
    Probox Rock Lights Kit
    2.5" MMA Lift
    14"ITP Cyclone Wheels
    30X10 Pitbull Growlers

XP1K Northstar crew
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I had to reset our Wild boar bumper it got cockeyed and we did suffer some broken plastics...... of course!
    Hey if you use your machines "stuff" happens

Pics are not showing up for me?
    2018 XP1K Crew Northstar, 2014 XP1K, 2015 XP1K4, 2014 Ace 325, 2004 Sportsman 450ho, 2005 RMK IQ 900 mod sled, Polaris THE WAY OUT

(Willie) 1000+ Member stainlessman's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    1175 times
    Let me see if I have a pic...you can see I drilled it and put in a 1/4" bolt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2014 900 XP EPS.....28"Mongrels- forward 'A'arms- Rhino axels-MMA lift-Duraclutch-Viper winch-canvas doors-DragonFire doors-Elka stage2 shocks- Gilomen tune and other add'ons
    2014 800 LE EPS.....(engine under seat... ass cooker)

" I've Never Seen A Uhaul Behind A Hearse "....

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, its wanting everything you have"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links