PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

2015 900 xp blet suggestions

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  stainlessman 
#1 ·
How often do you guys change your belts and do you go oem or an aftermarket.
I just removed and cleaned both cleaned my clutches Then I washed my belt with dawn and let it dry and reinstalled everything which BTW looked great with 2200 miles on the unit.

Thanks

#5 ·
In my experiene belt life is dependent upon a few things, like how hard do you drive the machine, do you run at high speed alot, do you climb while in turf or 2 wheel mode when you would be better off in 4x4 mode, do you do a lot of jack rabbit starts or run hard with a cold machine and belt. If you use common sense while running the UTV the belt may last you for 10,000 or 20,000 miles but if you drive like I do, opps!

#6 ·
Bought Machine in 2013 , plowed every winter from 2013 to now 2019 and still on original belt been a tough couple of years with lots of snow and at times wet
I am thinking of changing it just because
I can smell rubber burning on a real heavy snow push but it still grabs good

#7 ·
Gates G Force C12 21C4140

#9 ·
Check out Hunterworks. They sell belts, as well as other cool stuff, and they are a forum sponsor.

Reactions: Hunterworks
#10 ·
I change my belts every 2500 miles even if they look good. I had one blow out riding with 2700 miles on it. I had just checked the belt and it look good. Talked to the dealer service mechanic and he recommend change every 2500 miles, especially if you ride in a lot of dust. Trust me it is easier to change them at home over having to change it out on the trail.

#16 ·
Todd do you carry a belt to replace the Polaris # 3211148 ???

#19 ·
So this may be more a question for Todd, I have a new Ranger with around 50 miles on it. I’m going to be way in the backcountry on a trip in a few weeks and am thinking of buying a Hunterworks belt to have as a spare for now and a replacement eventually (same belt). Assuming the belt is kept clean and out of the sun (UV rays) will a spare belt last pretty much indefinitely?

#20 ·
Belts probably have less decay than tires. Road and track has a article worth reading on tires "how to make your tires last ten years" Rubber is affected by ozone in the air as well as the UV. Maybe packing in a vacuum sealed bag for optimum life? But really if the belt isn't used in ten years I wouldnt care as it would mean I didnt need it.

#24 ·
Hello Joe from Tucson, I lived in Peoria from 1991 to 2007. Did a lot of riding in the deserts and the mountains. I rode with a crew we called our selves the Usual suspects. We did many rides up the Bradshaws up to the Crown King, always a hoot up in that party town. I am sure you have been there, if not you must check it out. We did every trail that leads up the mountain and probley more LOL.

#27 ·
'A conversation in my thread'...Hey I don't get out much. I work. This forum is my social club when I want to forget whats going on in the world and just enjoy 30 minutes.

Reactions: thestir
#26 ·
I have found the stock belt to be superior to the Gates in use, for me it made my Ranger a little harder to shift gears. It is either a tiny bit too wide or smaller diameter for my application. It is now my spare. Stock belts shift fine. I am running a DDP clutch kit with EBS secondary and 1 shim in the secondary. You may be fine with a Gates.

Currently I am running the Hunterworks Thick belt. I have 80 miles on it and will be writing my review as soon as I get to 200. As of now I'm am super happy with it. Shifts as good as a stock Polaris belt and very smooth engagement. I am also running the Blowhole clutch fan.

We did a lot of slow technical driving this past weekend and I never smelled any rubber, usually I will a little bit. I was not trying to burn the belt but I was paying close attention as I was testing the new belt. After the first 25 miles we opened it up a little and still, not a whiff of rubber.

As of NOW, while still in preliminary testing, I'm sold on the Hunterworks Belt, with stock as my second choice.

Reactions: Hunterworks
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.